Legends of Prithvi Sahw-legend in making.

mishra

https://medium.com/@sujitmishra6319/the-untold-story-of-prithvi-shaw-the-next-indian-legend-in-the-making-15c55634bc7

The Beginning of Prithvi Shaw cricket career

Born on 9 November 1999 and residing in a modest town in Virar near Mumbai, Prithvi’s life story seems like a Bollywood movie who started playing cricket from the age of 3 while his father decided to enroll him in Virar Cricket Academy.

At 4:30 every morning, Pankaj would wake up Prithvi and would travel around 70-km to reach Mumbai to prepare Prithvi for cricket training.

Later, he joined Middle Income Group (MIG) Cricket Club in Mumbai for training. Further, when he was just 7 years old, his coach came to know that he had the potential to make it big.

In November 2013, Prithvi Shaw created a national record when he scored 546 runs from 330 balls while playing for Rizvi Springfield against St Francis D’Assisi in a Harris Shield match.

Comparison of Shaw with Sachin Tendulkar

Well, his score which was the highest in Indian schools cricket at that time, changed his life as he bagged a lucrative deal worth ₹ 36 lakh with SG, a top sports equipment manufacturer which relieved him of all the financial problems and helped him to focus on his cricketing career. Moreover, he has always been compared with legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar for his performance.

In 2016–17, he made Ranji Trophy debut for Mumbai in an important semi-final against Tamil Nadu, scoring 120 runs in the final innings of the semifinal to help his team win the match. Moreover, at the age of 17 years 153 days, he became the youngest player to score a ton in a Ranji knockout game.

Further, he didn’t stop over there, as he scored a ton at the age of 17 years 320 days in Duleep trophy. Now, he is the 2nd youngest batsman to score a century in Duleep Trophy, just behind the master blaster.

Shaw brings 4th Under-19 World Cup for India

In 2017, he was made the captain of India team for the 2018 Under-19 Cricket World Cup and it was interesting to see that the Indian team defeated Australia by 8 wickets to win their 4th Under-19 World Cup.

In 2018 IPL auction, Delhi Daredevils bought the right-handed batsman for Rs.1.2 crore. Interestingly, he became the youngest ever opener in IPL history after he had made debut against Kings XI Punjab at the age of 18 years 165 days. Also, after scoring an impressive half-century against KKR, he went on to become the joint youngest player to score an IPL half-century at the age 18 years 169 days.

Moreover, he has an excellent first-class record which helped him to get his name registered in Indian test squad. In the 14 matches, he has scored 1418 runs with an impressive average of 56.72 also smashing 5 half-centuries and 7 centuries.

Well, it is just the beginning of the Prithvi Shaw era in the Indian cricket and as the days pass by we bet this Maharastra boy is going to shatter many records.

Who said what: Ones who matter:

Shashtri: Coach Team India

“He has been playing since the age of eight in the maidans (open spaces) of Mumbai. You can see all that hard work showing. There’s a bit of Sachin there, a bit of Viru in him -- and when he walks there’s a bit of Lara as well,” said Shastri.

Kohli: Captain Team India

“It’s great to have a guy who is so fearless. He is not reckless, he is very confident about his game. He’s a rare talent. I don’t think any of us were even 10 percent of what he is when we were 18, 19.” 

Sachin before Shaws International career

"I asked him not to change his grip or stance, irrespective of any future instructions from his coaches. If anyone asks you to do so, tell them to come talk to me. Coaching is good, but overcooking a player with tweaks is not," Tendulkar said on his app '100MB'.

"It is so important not to change anything when you see such a special player. It is God's gift to have a complete package,"

Reminiscing watching Shaw, who barely reached the stumps, Tendulkar later told his friend: "Are you watching? That's a future India player."

Media:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cricket/prithvi-shaw-who-is-india-cricket-sachin-tendulkar-record-runs-score-hundred-a8570056.html

Prithvi Shaw: Have India found the next Sachin Tendulkar?

The sky is the limit for the youngest Indian to make a century on Test debut

Tabloid

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/cricket/7419174/prithvi-shaw-debut-century-maker-next-sachin-tendulkar/

Who is Prithvi Shaw? Debut century-maker and ‘the next Sachin Tendulkar’

Some slides worth visit

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/24890563/irrefutable-proof-prithvi-shaw-new-sachin-tendulkar

Edited by mishra
7 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

"lets jinx him" already started

No jinxing.

Since Tendulkar, I watched Kohli making debut. I immediately thought this kid is solid. Being used to watching high quality batting from Sachin and Dravid , I felt Kohli will do  good at internationals.

Now watching Shaw, I must say that he is special. If he keeps working, celiing is just not very high for him. Their is no ceiling.

28 minutes ago, mishra said:

No jinxing.

Since Tendulkar, I watched Kohli making debut. I immediately thought this kid is solid. Being used to watching high quality batting from Sachin and Dravid , I felt Kohli will do  good at internationals.

Now watching Shaw, I must say that he is special. If he keeps working, celiing is just not very high for him. Their is no ceiling.

Lets see him develop,applaud his performances but dear fans dont congratulate,applaud in advance,he is too good a player cant see him succumb to immense pressure of expectations

I agree he is a good player,who can takeover the baton from kohli to carry the next generation of Indian batting forward

My favourite cricket country has always been Aus. It has always been such source of interesting enthralling matches. The last decade though has been such a dampener. We just could not shift gears from whatever that was done in Sourav's era. This is still our best chance but I am not too much optimistic after 8-9 years of bad memories.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Look at Rohit Sharma's career. Never took that leap. How hopeful we were after 2007 t20 wc and vb series final? Let's not judge and jump to conclusion about Shaw so much. There will be many, many distractions in the way, not all technical. Money, Fame, Women - so many things. Also, IPL.

Edited by SrinjayDutta
Autocorrect
Look at Robot Sharma's career. Never took that leap. How hopeful we were after 2007 t20 wc and vb series final? Let's not judge and jump to conclusion about Shaw so much. There will be many, many distractions in the way, not all technical. Money, Fame, Women - so many things. Also, IPL.

I don't know what other women think-but I won't get laid with a Prithvi Shaw even if I get 100 cr credited in my account

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

I don't know what other women think-but I won't get laid with a Prithvi Shaw even if I get 100 cr credited in my account

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Don't always need to go to that stage. Having an on-off affair, break up and stuffs with bollywood actresses, constant media gossip, india wide attention.. He is just a teenager. Would be a college first year at max. Already swiggy started some campaign without paying any money and he had a management team to challenge that. Did not like the episode from both sides. Already has personal manager, PR stuff etc from first test series. Let's wait and watch.