Manarkali.....would you?

beetle

10 hours ago, beetle said:

Guys on icf ,would you wear a manarkali like Ranveer ...or is it just too much for the y chromosome to carry off?:p:

https://m.timesofindia.com/life-style/fashion/style-guide/should-men-try-manarkali-like-ranveer-singh/articleshow/66865422.cms

Unless there is a sword hanging by my waist :p

2 hours ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

A sword or dagger will make this look good. If you move around wearing this with a mobile phone in your hand... Not so good..

220px-Sambhaji_Maharaj.JPG

Agree.....this probably won't look good as casual wear .More like a ceremonial or battle outfit with the swords and khanjars and the pagdi...

16 hours ago, beetle said:

Guys on icf ,would you wear a manarkali like Ranveer ...or is it just too much for the y chromosome to carry off?:p:

https://m.timesofindia.com/life-style/fashion/style-guide/should-men-try-manarkali-like-ranveer-singh/articleshow/66865422.cms

100 times out of 100 i wont wear it, because i live in Canada. In the summer i do way too much sports and ride my bicycle around the city daily (which manarkali does not work for as well as pants) and i do not want my nuts to try retreating into my pelvic cavity the other 8 months of the year. 
Draft in crotch-area, while living in Canada is injurious to health. Literally. 

So...:thefinger:

Edited by Muloghonto

2 hours ago, beetle said:

Agree.....this probably won't look good as casual wear .More like a ceremonial or battle outfit with the swords and khanjars and the pagdi...

men who are wearing that in battle are idiots :P They are only wearing that during parades and marriages or royal potrait poses. Men are good at killing each other on the battle-field and clothes with legs work better without wearing a giant skirt over it. Looks impressive though. 

And in Indian climate when having a nice stroll through the park, might keep certain areas 'properly ventilated' too ;) 

1 hour ago, Under_Score said:

Brave Ancient Warriors wore something similar in battle fields 

ka4p6e.jpg

no they did not, these are romanticized photos, just like European monarchs didn't go to battle wearing heavy fur gowns either. 

And thats not a manarkali either. A simple shalwar and manarkali are not the same thing.