2019 Lok Sabha elections thread

FischerTal

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Rohingya crisis and ISIS terrorism were at their peak the last 5 years. GOI has done well on the national security front, especially if you see the challenges the developed European countries faced. 

Relatively true but its a continuous and never ending job. And for that, we need BJP again...

2 hours ago, ProudLiberal said:

I was not interested in faaltu debate, that's why I didnt answer but you asked for it. No, the national security is not better, it is far worse actually, even general vk singh said that kashmir was more peaceful from 2004 to 2012, modi has completely destroyed kashmir, more jawans have died under modi in a non war period. Kashmir is producing more terrorists under modi, nobody even keeps count of the various naxal attacks happening everyday, modi's idiotic and dangerous policies in kashmir will have a very catastrophic effect on India in the future, with increasing terrorist attacks in kashmir they are bound to spill over to the rest of India in the next few years because modi cant stop doing ungli in kashmir to show his fake 56 inch chaati. There have been very few major suicide bombings in india, infact i recall only the rajiv gandhi one before pulwama, if modi doesnt control his policies in kashmir then imagine many suicide bombers roaming all over india, modi govt couldnt stop pulwama in the most guarded and militerized zone in the world, rest of india is toast if these bombers decide to attack here

If you aren't interested in faltu debate don't quote my posts and then disappear. Hit and run jobs are never good, not in journalism, not on a forum. 

What is the solution for Kashmir then? Maintain status quo for eternity? We all know that sooner or later we had to take a plunge to eliminate the terror. Sri Lanka didn't stop LTTE by sitting idle, they had to go all out and the casualties, sufferings were immense. But today there is peace in Sri Lanka at least as far as threats from Tamil separatists are concerned. Once you sit idle and are reactive in your policies the enemy will only consolidate and fortify, mobilize resources. We have tried all methods in the valley, by different govts but any progress? Terrorism didn't disappear in Kashmir during UPA regime, the number of incidents might have been slightly less but any progress towards a solution? Kashmiri Muslims are radicalized beyond cure over many decades and we have a rabid dog next door which won't stop pushing/instigating trouble in that region. PakMil policy of death by 1000 cuts won't ever change no matter who sits in Delhi. 

Modi has given a free hand to the security personnel, record number of terrorists have been neutralized, separatists and handlers are in jail, the financial network is being targeted, JKLF is banned, Hurriyat is close to getting banned. Elections there have been more peaceful than in Bengal, how's that not progress? There have been many blunders like BJP-PDP alliance (disgrace), Ramzan ceasefire etc but muscular policy is the need of the hour. You can't negotiate with Islamists, Russia didn't bring peace to Chechnya/Dagestan by Gandhigiri. Blood will be shed, there will be pain/sacrifice but if you wanna bring peace in a radicalized violent Islamic society there's no other option. 

How about security situation in rest of India? There were weekly bomb blasts in our cities during UPA regime, is that now better or do you think even that has deteriorated? What's your take on limiting ISIS presence by pre-emptive operations/arrests? During UPA regime there was excessive PCness, politicians would cry over genuine encounters, terrorists like Yasin Bhatkal were allowed to escape from custody because of our weakness. Many terror attacks that could have been prevented were allowed to take place because of an indecisive coward government. Do you think non-BJP govt would have handled Rohingya crisis better? I mean during NC-INC rule they were allowed to settle in JK often near army camps...this govt has to a large extent stopped the illegal entry of outsiders. What's your take on NRC? Should illegal Bangladeshis be allowed to stay in India or should we start a process of identifying them? Status quo or should we take the initiative? Do you support cross border strikes (Myanmar, PoK) or should we not make the costs of enemy adventures known? Dawood's properties in Mumbai are being auctioned, his family's network and assets are being targeted, good or bad? 

As per this LINK (South Asia Terrorism Portal) Naxal violence has come down under NDA rule. More LW extremists have been killed, civilians and security personnel are dying in lesser numbers. If you have a better source I am all ears. 

India Year Wise Breakup

Years

Civilians
Security Force Personnel
LWE/ CPI-Maoists
Total
Total*

Edited by Gollum

35 minutes ago, ProudLiberal said:

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_India

What do we have here? Under upa govt from 2009-2014 around 280 people were killed in terrorist attacks in India but under 56 inch waale modiji around 290 people were killed in terrorist attacks in India but but modi ji has stopped terrorists with his 56 inch wali chaati. 

Pretty sure there's an addition mistake. Go and do the tally, it seems they have added the count of 2015 Manipur/Myanmar casualties (enemy combatants) in the final figure. 

Modi was sworn in on 26 May 2014, adding the numbers from then till now I get 290 deaths (much less than Western Europe). I suggest you do the same. This is a wiki link, time permitting I will check the Global Terror Database and present the exact numbers. 

From that link it also seems terror has been confined to certain areas, before 2014 it was pan India but now not the case. There is always scope for improvement but only a delusional mind will call present security situation worse than it was 5-15 years ago. Security personnel have taken the brunt and will continue to do so because we are in an unofficial war. 

Edited by Gollum

6 hours ago, ProudLiberal said:

Don't have time to read your essay, will reply when I get the time but just to add to my previous point of how badly modi has handled kashmir, here is the report from india today

In last 5 years, J&K saw 93% rise in death of security personnel in terror attacks

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/pulwama-terror-attack-jammu-kashmir-terrorism-data-last-5-years-soldiers-killed-1456427-2019-02-14

image.png.faf0d13260afab6cfc9ab00db4e4e854.png

The data recently released by the Ministry of Home Affairs shows that between 2014 and 2018, there has been a 93 per cent rise in the number of security personnel killed in terrorist incidents in Jammu and Kashmir. Besides this, these five years also saw a 176 per cent rise in the number of terrorist incidents in the state.

However, since 2016, the number of terrorist incidents has seen an upward trend. For example, the number of terrorist incidents in Jammu & Kashmir rose by 54.8 per cent in 2016, six per cent (342 incidents) in 2017, and 79.53 per cent (614 incidents) in 2018. In fact, the year 2018 saw nearly 51 terrorist incidents every month.

Between 2014 and 2018, the number of civilians killed in Jammu & Kashmir has risen by 35.71 per cent; number of security persons killed has increased by 93 per cent; and the number of terrorists killed has seen a rise of 133.63 per cent.

India has witnessed the third highest number of terrorist attacks in 2016, more than Pakistan that has slipped to the fourth position, according to the latest data compiled by the US State Department. The department said more than half of the terrorist attacks in India in 2016 took place in four states: Jammu and Kashmir at 19 per cent, Chhattisgarh at 18 per cent, Manipur at 12 per cent, and Jharkhand at 10 per cent.

Ab to modi aayega 
Ab to modi aayega 
Desh main bhagwa chhayega 
Desh main bhagwa chhayega 
Ek hi naara ek hi naam 
Jai shree ram Jai shree ram 
Ek hi naara ek hi naam 
Jai shree ram Jai shree ram. 

Edited by vayuu1

4 minutes ago, ProudLiberal said:

Nope, I did the addition myself and removed the myanmar casualties from my calculation, there might be some error as I did the calculation in a hurry but the point is there isn't much difference in the no. of deaths from terrorism between the two regimes, no matter how much modi fans try to hype up his improvement in national security, fact of the matter is upa-2 was as effective, if not more, as modi govt. I will search for more accurate data later, go to leave for work now.

Do the addition again, it is 290 and not 470. 

Regarding your other post India is much more than Kashmir, hell even in that state Jammu and Ladakh are overlooked. If Kashmiris don't mend their ways they will face the music, they are responsible for their present state more than anyone else. 

Wiki isn't a good source.

Digging around I see that number of attacks in India is up mainly courtesy Kashmir but casualties/injuries are less. And civilians are safer, security personnel are more affected. And number of terrorists/separatists being neutralized is at an all time high.

UPA-II numbers are bad mainly because of 2 very bad years 2009, 2010. 

wd11f0S.jpg

Last 5 years we have had major terror attacks in: London, Paris, Manchester, NYC, Orlando, Las Vegas, Sydney, Melbourne, Barcelona, Brussels, Berlin, Nice, Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Istanbul, Stockholm, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Manila, Jakarta, Colombo, Tehran, Dhaka, Christchurch, Nairobi, Cairo...pretty sure many other high profile cities.

When was the last time we had a terror attack in one of our big cities? 190 million Muslims in India, Kashmir, next door neighbor is the global fountainhead of jihad, other neighbors too are Islamist hotspots, Rohingya crisis, ISIS....you may hate BJP/Modi but at least give credit where due. 

Edited by Gollum