India's Bowling Attack Best Most Versatile in the world

CG

Like I said earlier on the forum, South African bowlers are not as much a threat abroad. Least of all, Philander. Even Rabada would be rendered toothless in subcontinent.

Indian bowling is at a different level. Would be interesting to see how they fare against the trio of Imran, wasim, waqar, and the duo of waqar and wasim in away records. I am guessing our bowlers are better.

SA fast bowling attack is probably the best but beyond SENA they would struggle...even in SA the Aussie attack over performed until last years tour. India on other hand have an attack that can challenge in SENA and totally dominate in SC conditions including Windies. SA needs good spin twin (Warne/Gill like combination to be world beater)  

Overseas avgs are helped by playing in SA, Eng and Aus, which was w/o a couple of key batsmen

In Ind, pitches are tailor made for Ashwin and Jadeja 

Though with Bumrah and Shami, we have two wkt taking bowlers. Kuldeep can be developed in tests too to bring in the element of mystery 

1 hour ago, zen said:

Overseas avgs are helped by playing in SA, Eng and Aus, which was w/o a couple of key batsmen

they will play who is put in front of them

ABDV did not playy in SA - but that was known. Smith and Warner is a big impact agreed. But i would say this bowling attack would have still fared well even with all the above batsmen played in all the games. 

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

ABDV did not playy in SA - but that was known. Smith and Warner is a big impact agreed. But i would say this bowling attack would have still fared well even with all the above batsmen played in all the games. 

Hard to say that as for e.g. w/o Pujara, we would have lost the series (and Aus bowlers could have had much better averages) .... Similarly, key batsmen of the other team could have made impact too 

2 minutes ago, zen said:

Hard to say that as for e.g. w/o Pujara, we would have lost the series (and Aus bowlers could have had much better averages) .... Similarly, key batsmen of the other team could have made impact too 

yeah, there is trouble in w/0 Pujara corollary, if not Pujara someone who is similar would have been identified for the position, maybe Mayank would have played in place of Pujara in an alternate universe. And similarly for Aus Indian bowlers would have found a way to get the wickets of smith and warner for lesser than how much it cost for Indian wickets.  meaning its not happenstance that Indian team did well in Aus they had the game plan and execution for it. 

5 minutes ago, Vilander said:

yeah, there is trouble in w/0 Pujara corollary, if not Pujara someone who is similar would have been identified for the position, maybe Mayank would have played in place of Pujara in an alternate universe. And similarly for Aus Indian bowlers would have found a way to get the wickets of smith and warner for lesser than how much it cost for Indian wickets.  meaning its not happenstance that Indian team did well in Aus they had the game plan and execution for it. 

Point is that we have seen everyone bat. And it was difficult to score those runs esp. in the first two tests .... If we had lost at Adelaide, we could have lost the series .... Let's not discuss for the sake for it! 

Edited by zen

see these sats are for past 3 year period the whole cycle of away tours, they are the only team that averages lesser away than home and almost similar averages( so no home advantage really). There is remarkable consistency in this, just because they are Indians and we self-loath we should not belittle this.

Even our drunk cheerleader did not have the awareness to hype them as best in the world, he must have thought "they are Indians so must be crap #hick# - i will say best ever from india that should be 150% of what i think they are so we are good - #hick#"

3 minutes ago, zen said:

Point is that we have seen everyone bat. And it was difficult to score those runs esp. in the first two tests .... If we had lost at Adelaide, we could have lost the series .... Let's not discuss for the sake for it! 

agreed. But then pujara played and smith and warner did not - my point is you can not statistically analyze which does not exist just extrapolate what can be from a derived trend.

Abdv Saved SA otherwise it would have been 3-0.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Vilander said:

ABDV did play in SA.