Should foreign stars who played PSL be allowed to take part in IPL?

Should we make players choose between IPL and PSL?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should we ban the players?

• Yes, ban them from this year's IPL edition to send a warning
    • Life ban from any IPL related activity, this includes future commentary gigs, coaching, consultancy etc
    • No, let them play PSL
  2. 2. Should the ban apply to non-players (websites, sponsors, commentators, coaches etc) involved with PSL?

IMO anybody who associates in any way with PSL should be banned at least from this year's edition and be given a final warning. If they repeat it next year, life ban. And this includes not just the players but also coaches, physios, analysts, commentators, anchors, sponsors, web sites, apps, UAE cricket association, broadcasters, producers etc.

I don't give a * about that garbage league nor am I interested in wasting my time to find out but I think T20 superstars like ABDV, Watson are playing PSL this year. And ESPNcricinfo is covering the event. 

Edited by Gollum

IPL and PSL are independent of national ties, they're pro leagues based on a capitalistic model. Just like English Premier League football has no distinct Englishness about it.

Players are not slaves, they are highly talented at what they do and should be given complete freedom. Banning players who participate is PSL is very North Koreasque.

4 minutes ago, MechEng said:

IPL and PSL are independent of national ties, they're pro leagues based on a capitalistic model. Just like English Premier League football has no distinct Englishness about it.

Players are not slaves, they are highly talented at what they do and should be given complete freedom. Banning players who participate is PSL is very North Koreasque.

Very well said. That is something you expect Pakistan to do, not India.

48 minutes ago, MechEng said:

PCB depends a lot on PSL for its finances. PCB the board is highly political, that's why Najam Sethi had to resign when IK got elected as PM. PCB's patron-in-chief is Imran Khan, a position once held by the likes of Musharraf and Zia. By targeting PSL we are looking to target PCB which in turn will pinch their govt and national morale (1 sport country, no other prominent entertainment outlet). Isn't that the whole point behind us not playing bilaterals with them? We have to use every tool to straighten that dog's tail. If they change their policy wrt terrorism we will accommodate them, a fair trade. 

Players still have 6-7 other leagues to play in, we aren't going after the others. We are giving them freedom here, just a choice they need to make. 

If this is North Koreasque, what about the international sporting ban on apartheid South Africa? Apartheid itself was local, their govt didn't meddle in the affairs of other countries. What Pakistan is doing is much worse than apartheid, tens of thousands are dying each year in AFG alone because of their state policy. Then they pump in jihadis into India, destabilize Bangladesh, train jihadis who target other cricket playing countries like Eng, Aus. 

Edited by Gollum
1 hour ago, MechEng said:

59 minutes ago, Khota said:

Very well said. That is something you expect Pakistan to do, not India.

ummmmm

sorry no

don't give a rats arse.

phuk PSL since its called pak super league. 

Ban every player who plays in PSL from participating in IPL. Pronto. And do it with prejudice. 

:agree:

42 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Can you guys tell me the difference in payments between IPL and PSL in American dollars thanks?

Im just curious. If the amount is a lot, just threaten to ban players in the future, this will decimate Pakistan the sh1t hole terrorist country that it is.

one order of magnitude. 

14 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Our fight is not against other foreign players, so lets not make random enemies. We have to play this smart, not like fool and make everyone our enemy. 

Rubbish. This is a simple maneuver by the BCCI to erode and destroy cricket in Pakistan.

Players in western country will see the bigger picture here, money and not supporting a terrorist country its a win-win.

As I said what is the difference in pay for IPL and PSL in US dollars?

17 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Rubbish. This is a simple maneuver by the BCCI to erode and destroy cricket in Pakistan.

Players in western country will see the bigger picture here, money and not supporting a terrorist country its a win-win.

But international players will see this as an attack on their dignity by being arm twisted like this. Nobody will sell their self respect for money.

16 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Their pay is really low compared to what IpL gives them. You can google it, I don’t know and neither care. 

We have to remember there are lot of talented players around the world who don’t get picked in IPL and still need to make money, so I won’t ban them if they play in other leagues.

We are going same route what we did once to our own players, during ICL, lets not do that to other more young talented players around the world.

We are distracting ourselves by bringing this whole PSL shyt here. Why worry whats happening in their league. Lets just do other things if we really want to make it a big action.

These foreign players from South Aftica, Australia etc and their country again have not done anything to India that they have to pay the price. They are not making any statement against India. 

25 minutes ago, MechEng said:

But international players will see this as an attack on their dignity by being arm twisted like this. Nobody will sell their self respect for money.

When India was forced (by GOI) to pull out of a David Cup final against South Africa because of apartheid did Amritraj and co. see it as an attack on their dignity? 

Many T20 mercenaries have already sold their self-respect for money especially the likes of ABDV and some of the WI superstars. 

How else do you counter evil? I am sure GOI and BCCI can arrange presentations and documents to prove Pakistan's complicity/culpability in international jihad if the players are so morally conflicted or mindful of their dignity/self-respect. We can prove to them that by boycotting PSL they will be doing a service to humanity. 

90% international players who play IPL have nothing to do with PSL. It is about bringing back the other 10%, if they decide to change their minds...swagatam, else let them be happy with no Indian money. 

38 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Since when has this group become a hate group?

Huh?

These players are highly talented world players. IPL can try these tactics and the end of the day, it will be left with no one but Indian domestic players. And the whole sheen about IPL will go.

You sure? You mean to say that the remaining foreign players who don't play PSL will also abandon IPL and go running away to play that inferior league with 10% compensation? Is PSL really that successful, is PCB so mighty?

How would one feel if Indian players are not allowed in English county?

If Indians are pushing terrorists into England causing deaths of 1000s of their civilians/personnel and loss of billions of dollars ....maybe then my conscience will say we deserve to be kept out of English county. In that case I will urge my govt to stop their nefarious activities in England. 

Edited by Gollum
5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

When India was forced (by GOI) to pull out of a David Cup final against South Africa because of apartheid did Amritraj and co. see it as an attack on their dignity? 

Many T20 mercenaries have already sold their self-respect for money especially the likes of ABDV and some of the WI superstars. 

How else do you counter evil? I am sure GOI and BCCI can arrange presentations and documents to prove Pakistan's complicity/culpability in international jihad if the players are so morally conflicted or mindful of their dignity/self-respect. We can prove to them that by boycotting PSL they will be doing a service to humanity. 

90% international players who play IPL have nothing to do with PSL. It is about bringing back the other 10%, if they want to...good, else let them be happy with no Indian money. 

Huh?

You sure? You mean to say that the remaining foreign players who don't play PSL will also abandon IPL and go running away to play that inferior league with 10% compensation? Is PSL really that successful, is PCB so mighty?

If Indians are pushing terrorists into England causing deaths of 1000s of their civilians/personnel and loss of billions of dollars ....maybe then my conscience will say we deserve to be kept out of English county. In that case I will urge my govt to stop their nefarious activities in England. 

GOI can do this to it's own citizens because playing for your country is very different from playing for your franchise.

As I said before, IPL is like capitalistic America, you get paid for your performance there is no sense of strong loyalty like you would see when playing for your country.

We have to remember there are lot of talented players around the world who don’t get picked in IPL and still need to make money, so I won’t ban them if they play in other leagues.

Those who aren't good enough to get picked in IPL can stay with PSL. How will the proposed ban affect them? Or they can play the other T20 leagues and hope that they become good enough to get picked in IPL one day. 

We are going same route what we did once to our own players, during ICL, lets not do that to other more young talented players around the world.

ICL was way worse. We banned them from playing in IPL as well as for country, domestic. These players can play in IPL, BBL, CPL, BPL, SLPL, APL, SAPL.....plus also represent their country/state/county if applicable.  

These foreign players from South Aftica, Australia etc and their country again have not done anything to India that they have to pay the price. They are not making any statement against India. 

But they are indirectly supporting an entity that is looking to bleed India by a 1000 cuts. Come on man, it isn't fair. They want Indian money, they want stardom in India but they also want to get involved with something that hurts India. Can't have it both ways. 

Edited by Gollum
24 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Huh?

Whats huh about it? Look at your post. This sheer madness of fake nationalism is spreading everywhere and now I see it on ICF too.

Yes. It is not about PCB. It is about arm twisting. BCCI is already infamous world over, and make no mistakes, people dont like BCCI. One such false move will have a ripple effect and ICC will be forced to take actions against BCCI. England, South Africa, Australia are waiting to pull down BCCI and this will be perfect timing to do that. And over a prolonged period of time, BCCI will be left with nobody.

I had no idea you have joined  secret services. Are you part of RAW? If not, then why dont you keep to cricket?