"175" is lucky for Ind in ODI WCs

zen

Both the times, India lifted the WC, one of the batsmen hit 175 -> Kapil in 1983 (Zim) and Sehwag in 2011 (BD). If someone hits 175 in this WC, it could serve as  a favorable sign for India :dontknow: 

The contenders: 

• Rohit vs. AFG, BD, and SL 
  • Dhawan 
  • Kohli 
  • KL
  • Pandya, if promoted can have an absolute damaging effect 

Wht if someone scores 176 or 174. Will it be acceptable @zen :phehe: I'm assuming @Laaloo wont go to the bathroom when Sachu was batting. I remember Gavaskar was saying during the 2015 finals that India scored 183 in the 1983 wc and defended it. Since NZ scored 183, he was making the case of NZ doing the same thing. It turned out Aus chased it in under 30 overs :laugh: Let go of the superstitions and just enjoy the wc.

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Wht if someone scores 176 or 174. Will it be acceptable @zen :phehe: I'm assuming @Laaloo wont go to the bathroom when Sachu was batting. I remember Gavaskar was saying during the 2015 finals that India scored 183 in the 1983 wc and defended it. Since NZ scored 183, he was making the case of NZ doing the same thing. It turned out Aus chased it in under 30 overs :laugh: Let go of the superstitions and just enjoy the wc.

a) 175 :orderorder:

b) we do not know if 183 is lucky or a favourable sign for either Ind or NZ

c) this is a fun topic :dance: 

That 175 is the best batting  innings I have ever watched. The pressure of 17/5, the world cup scenario, the strike rate at which Kapil scored those runs in that era is simply unmatchable.

Having watched Viv as well, only Kapil

capable of scoring runs as or more quickly than Viv in those years.

6 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

That 175 is the best batting  innings I have ever watched. The pressure of 17/5, the world cup scenario, the strike rate at which Kapil scored those runs in that era is simply unmatchable.

Having watched Viv as well, only Kapil

capable of scoring runs as or more quickly than Viv in those years.

You were in the stadium for that game?

10 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

You said you watched 175 game. That game was not televised I think

Matches in those days were not televised if they were played abroad. Full live telecast started only in 1985 iirc for foreign tours.

The 1983 wc final was shown on TV. Doordarshan showed feeds only after India made finals.

Edited by Straight Drive
27 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Matches in those days were not televised if they were played abroad. Full live telecast started only in 1985 iirc for foreign tours.

The 1983 wc final was shown on TV. Doordarshan showed feeds only after India made finals.

I guess, he asked the question because you said: "That 175 is the best batting  innings I have ever watched." .... Since there is no recording available for that inning as it was not covered, the only way to have watched it was by being at the stadium 

Edited by zen
2 minutes ago, zen said:

I guess, he asked the question because you said: "That 175 is the best batting  innings I have ever watched." .... Since there is no recording available for that inning as it was not covered, the only way to have watched it was by being at the stadium 

You put it the right way. I forgot to mention the exact line

33 minutes ago, zen said:

Now I understand what he meant.  Should have framed it properly.