Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ankit_sharma03

ICC refuse to change Cricket World Cup bails

Recommended Posts

The bails being used at the Cricket World Cup will not be changed mid-tournament after the ICC insisted their repeated failure to dislodge despite the ball hitting the stumps is a "statistical anomaly".

A bowler's delivery has struck the stumps five times in the opening 13 completed games of the tournament, only for the electronic bails to remain in place.

 

The latest reprieve - for Australia batsman David Warner against India on Sunday - led to both country's captains expressing their disapproval of bowlers not being rewarded for their work.

 

"We wouldn't change anything mid-event as it would compromise the integrity of the event - the equipment is the same for all 10 teams across all 48 games," the ICC said on Tuesday.

"The stumps have not changed in the last four years. They have been used in all ICC events since the 2015 Men's Cricket World Cup and in a range of domestic events.

 

"This means they've been used in more than 1000 games - this is a statistical anomaly. This issue has always been part of the game, with the accepted concept being that it requires some force to disturb a batsman's 'castle'."

 

 

Link - https://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12123/11739679/icc-refuse-to-change-cricket-world-cup-bails

Share this post


Link to post

It is not same for all , bails are not hit in every match.Australia did not have any bails issue when they bowled against India.Just because it might even out in some other matches means that it is alight and same for every team.

 

ICC is the most useless organization.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

It is not same for all , bails are not hit in every match.Australia did not have any bails issue when they bowled against India.Just because it might even out in some other matches means that it is alight and same for every team.

 

ICC is the most useless organization.

If it happens against virat or rohit in finals and helps us will you say same? Now that it has happened and few countries got advantage/disadvantage of it then i think we should keep it for this wc and then after worldcup is done icc might have to look at alternatives.

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Nikola said:

If it happens against virat or rohit in finals and helps us will you say same? Now that it has happened and few countries got advantage/disadvantage of it then i think we should keep it for this wc and then after worldcup is done icc might have to look at alternatives.

I won't only if you can give me a gurantee that will happen in finals. If Warner had got out then it would have changed whole complexion of the match. 

 

My question to you, would have been happy if Warner ended up with 160 not out and won the match for Aussies. They lost by just 36 runs.Or it happens again in finals and India is at receiving end.

 

He was out and bowlers as is are having hard time with flat pitches and useless balls which don't swing.Now we are denying them wickets even after hitting the wickets.

 

"We wouldn't change anything mid-event as it would compromise the integrity of the event - the equipment is the same for all 10 teams across all 48 games," the ICC said on Tuesday.

 

What kind of statement is this , any match it happens is compromising the integrity of the game.

 

Why can't they change it now??

Edited by putrevus

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, someone said:

Good decision, a bit of luck makes the sport exciting. This is no different to hitting the post in football....

 

Exactly, adds to the drama. So many important tennis matches have been decided by a lucky net cord at a crucial juncture, adds to the unpredictability, luck is always a factor in every sport. 

Share this post


Link to post

Did not watch the Warner incidence but from what I read the ball came off the gloves. If the bails have to be dislodged, a certain amount of minimum force should be required. If the force was not enough, I do not see why the bails should "just fall off" at the slightest touch 

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, zen said:

Did not watch the Warner incidence but from what I read the ball came off the gloves. If the bails have to be dislodged, a certain amount of minimum force should be required. If the force was not enough, I do not see why the bails should "just fall off" at the slightest touch 

there you go (clip)

 

https://twitter.com/ICFans/status/1137933526957903877

 

https://twitter.com/RahulSadhu009/status/1137882359561195520

Edited by Stuge

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, putrevus said:

It is not same for all , bails are not hit in every match.Australia did not have any bails issue when they bowled against India.Just because it might even out in some other matches means that it is alight and same for every team.

 

ICC is the most useless organization.

So you want changes to be made mid way ? Like they did with the 2.5m rule for lbw back in 2011 ?

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Stuge said:

So you want changes to be made mid way ? Like they did with the 2.5m rule for lbw back in 2011 ?

Each match is independent, I dont know how it previous match will effect the future matches.India got hosed against Australia and if that happens again against NZ .How is it helping anybody .

 

If this happens in finals and the batsman who gets that luck goes on and wins match for his team is that correct decision by ICC.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×