RANJI TROPHY 2019-20

Suhaan

10 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

https://www.hotstar.com/in/sports/cricket/paytm-ranji-trophy-201920/shaw-slams-maiden-double-ton/1260014824

The way he packs a punch behind every shot, he is a special player

Great knock. He seems to be batting with more determination and looks keen to regain his place.

His fitness is a huge concern though. He was looking more unfit than everyone on the field. And already has a receding hairline which at 20 is so surprising. Physically he looks like what Sehwag was at 26-27. Needs to urgently get fitter or else another injury could be around the corner

14 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Who is better Sundar or Gowtham.

batting

Sundar- has a technique of a proper batsman

Gowtham - Handy batsman in bottom 4, better hitter ability then most bowler in our country. On odd days he can win u a game with cameo, but doing that in australian conditions wud be tougher then indian. But not good enough to bat in top 7 

Bowling

Both are good t20 bowlers

Gowtham i feel is better in longer format as bowler. TN doesnt use sundar much as bowler in 50 over or 4 day cricket

So it depends what qualities team is looking at. 

IF they want to have long batting at 8,9 so Gowtham is better

If they want 2nd all rounder who can bat in top 7 , its sundar

They both dont compete with each other

Sundar competes with - dube, Krunal, Axar, Jadeja

Gowtham competes with jadeja and bowlers , to his disadvantage chahar n bhuvi can bat

It wud be tough for gowtham to make in Wc squad coz he ll compete with bowlers, sundar already has been invested in and his competiton isnt much 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

batting

Sundar- has a technique of a proper batsman

Gowtham - Handy batsman in bottom 4, better hitter ability then most bowler in our country. On odd days he can win u a game with cameo, but doing that in australian conditions wud be tougher then indian. But not good enough to bat in top 7 

Bowling

Both are good t20 bowlers

Gowtham i feel is better in longer format as bowler. TN doesnt use sundar much as bowler in 50 over or 4 day cricket

So it depends what qualities team is looking at. 

IF they want to have long batting at 8,9 so Gowtham is better

If they want 2nd all rounder who can bat in top 7 , its sundar

They both dont compete with each other

Sundar competes with - dube, Krunal, Axar, Jadeja

Gowtham competes with jadeja and bowlers , to his disadvantage chahar n bhuvi can bat 

Chahar and Bhuvi cannot bat , Bhuvi can just hold his own.I would not call him a batsman for T20s.Unless Sundar can hit from ball one, I don't see the reason why he is included in the team.He to me is not good enough bowler.