What would be your playing XI for the New Zealand ODI series?

Here's mine:

1. Rohit Sharma
  2. Prithvi Shaw
  3. Virat Kohli
  4. Shreyas Iyer
  5. KL Rahul
  6. Manish Pandey
  7. Ravindra Jadeja
  8. Kuldeep Yadav
  9. Mohammad Shami
  10. Navdeep Saini
  11. Jasprit Bumrah

More or less similar XI to the Australia series. If Kohli has decided that Rahul should be in the middle order then he needs to give him a long run in that spot and not keep shuffling him from the middle order to the opening slot when it becomes available and then back to the middle order. Prithvi Shaw should come into the XI in place of Dhawan.

33 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Here's mine:

1. Rohit Sharma
  2. Prithvi Shaw
  3. Virat Kohli
  4. Shreyas Iyer
  5. KL Rahul
  6. Manish Pandey
  7. Ravindra Jadeja
  8. Kuldeep Yadav
  9. Mohammad Shami
  10. Navdeep Saini
  11. Jasprit Bumrah

More or less similar XI to the Australia series. If Kohli has decided that Rahul should be in the middle order then he needs to give him a long run in that spot and not keep shuffling him from the middle order to the opening slot when it becomes available and then back to the middle order. Prithvi Shaw should come into the XI in place of Dhawan.

Yes. This would be the line up

2 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Here's mine:

1. Rohit Sharma
  2. Prithvi Shaw
  3. Virat Kohli
  4. Shreyas Iyer
  5. KL Rahul
  6. Manish Pandey
  7. Ravindra Jadeja
  8. Kuldeep Yadav
  9. Mohammad Shami
  10. Navdeep Saini
  11. Jasprit Bumrah

I will say give Pant a go at 6 if he is fit. 

Not that Pandey has done anything wrong and deserves a shot, but he has been inconsistent in past whenever given a chance and somehow feel that he may have missed the bus. He is already 30 and we should look to invest in Pant from a long term planning standpoint. Pandey can still be in the squad though and be the backup as far as ODI is concerned. Also I think he should not be in the T20 squad anymore.

19 minutes ago, RajBan said:

I will say give Pant a go at 6 if he is fit. 

Not that Pandey has done anything wrong and deserves a shot, but he has been inconsistent in past whenever given a chance and somehow feel that he may have missed the bus. He is already 30 and we should look to invest in Pant from a long term planning standpoint. Pandey can still be in the squad though and be the backup as far as ODI is concerned. Also I think he should not be in the T20 squad anymore.

Above team what we expect and not one might wish. Reason for going for Manish is he played last match, looks in good form this season , KL keeping better than Pant in 2 matches,Iffy kind of form Pant has shown. A Failure would further damage Pant. He should slug it out till IPL and iron out issues & have a good IPL. Out of team for few months is OK, but once comes back should score that much that no body can throw him out. 

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

Or may be they keep rahul at top in dhwan absence keep pant chance for 3 more matches in middle order and Shaw would warm the bench.

You can't keep switching Rahul from opening to No. 5 to opening and back again. If they're playing him at 5, he should keep playing at 5 even if the first choice openers aren't playing. There needs to be consistency.

4 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Here's mine:

1. Rohit Sharma
  2. Prithvi Shaw
  3. Virat Kohli
  4. Shreyas Iyer
  5. KL Rahul
  6. Manish Pandey
  7. Ravindra Jadeja
  8. Kuldeep Yadav
  9. Mohammad Shami
  10. Navdeep Saini
  11. Jasprit Bumrah

Rohit 

shaw 

kohli 

iyer 

rahul 

pant 

jadu 

kullu 

shami 

saini 

bum 

1. Rohit

2. Shaw

3. Kohli

4. Iyer

5. Rahul

6. Dube

7. Jadeja

8. Shami

9. Kuldeep

10. Saini

11. Bumrah

----  Rahul must be tried at 5 ... and his keeping skills tested too.

---- Ideal time to try Shaw as an opener.

----  Dube needs to be checked out too as a No.6 batsman.

---- Shami and Kuldeep should practice some batting.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

1. Rohit

2. Shaw

3. Kohli

4. Iyer

5. Rahul

6. Dube

7. Jadeja

8. Shami

9. Kuldeep

10. Saini

11. Bumrah

----  Rahul must be tried at 5 ... and his keeping skills tested too.

---- Ideal time to try Shaw as an opener.

----  Dube needs to be checked out too as a No.6 batsman.

---- Shami and Kuldeep should practice some batting.

Dubey at 6 is risky. Otherwise won't fiddle with that team.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Why  ?

Dube has been chosen as a No.6 batsman.  ( He is a batsman who bowls a bit ).  If he can't be trusted then he should not be in the squad.

Seems to me that at best he is a No 7 batsman at international level. He should be allowed to bat at 7 and then if he does well gradaully move him up the order.