Beer + boiled peanuts = Heaven !!!

velu

Just now, coffee_rules said:

Available in most old style bars, not in posh pubs, egg burji as well

Had egg omlette for 20 rs in a bar in Bengaluru few years back. Awesome along with beer. If I visit that place again I would have it again..it was that tasty. I was staying in hotel and could find nothing apart from this bar which was lit by only one bulb. The food was so nice that I carried some kebabs and preferred it over food at the hotel I was staying.Sadly I don't know which place was that.

16 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Available in most old style bars, not in posh pubs, egg burji as well

I go to regular bars as well , may be I need to ask for it next time . Mumbai is far better that way , unlimited free chakna even when I visited last month but drinking in a upscale pub in Blore is cheaper than a regular bar in Mumbai though 

Edited by jusarrived

14 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Prefer liqour with dry fruits like cashew, pista and badam.

Used to have boiled peanuts with Lion Beer and Khajuraho beer along with plate full of peanuts for 5 paise decades back though.

Nice . The cheapest I remember when I started drinking , you would get a KF pint for 18 rs and 15 if you return the bottle . There where few pubs in Bangalore , 140 rs  for 2 pitchers and free popcorns in happy hours . 

54 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

No you want to go to heaven follow my diet

Neem leaves

Yoga

Karela juice

3rd eye meditation

ICF analysis 

Dry grass khichdi

Now that’s heaven 

add some yeast to those juices and allow it to ferment .. we get somabana :yess:

Just now, jusarrived said:

Nice . The cheapest I remember when I started drinking , you would get a KF pint for 18 rs and 15 if you return the bottle . There where few pubs in Bangalore , 140 rs  for 2 pitchers and free popcorns in happy hours . 

In our times Lion and Khajuraho were the only brands in beer.  Kingfisher came very late into Indian liqour market probably only in 80's. Beer was not popular then as it is now. Hard drinks was more sold than beer.

San Miguel was another brand I liked (much more than Heneikken, Foster, LP, Haywards,Tuborg and Carlsberg). San Miguel wasn't marketed well otherwise it would have been one of the best beer in Indian market post 2000.

17 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

I go to regular bars as well , may be I need to ask for it next time . Mumbai is far better that way , unlimited free chakna even when I visited last month but drinking in a upscale pub in Blore is cheaper than a regular bar in Mumbai though 

if our target is beer then pubs are cheaper than typical bar/restaurants .. 

2 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

In our times Lion and Khajuraho were the only brands in beer.  Kingfisher came very late into Indian liqour market probably only in 80's. Beer was not popular then as it is now. Hard drinks was more sold than beer.

San Miguel was another brand I liked (much more than Heneikken, Foster, LP, Haywards,Tuborg and Carlsberg). San Miguel wasn't marketed well otherwise it would have been one of the best beer in Indian market post 2000.

I know Khajuraho offcourse, but not sure about lion . San Miguel sounds familiar. I still prefer hard drinks over beer , feel bloated after a few mugs , but yeah don’t remember most grown ups never drank beer in my family back then .