US Intel says China has concealed extent of outbreak

sandeep

1 minute ago, Texy said:

France?:hysterical: Thats like opening test match batting with Debashish mohanty :cantstop:

I heard a reporter ask trump yesterday in his conference that there are rumors US and France are planning some action at global level... Im guessing other western countries will also be in the loop

4 minutes ago, Texy said:

France?:hysterical: Thats like opening test match batting with Debashish mohanty :cantstop:

Made me laugh, but don't underestimate them that much.  France carries clout at UN, and can push the EU into collaborating more with US & NATO. 

The real action against China will come after the pandemic stabilizes and countries are confident that they don't need to buy masks, gloves, ventilator parts, and pharma ingredients from China urgently.  

It is inevitable.  

40 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Why do numbers matter? The whole world should be more concerned about terminating the virus and work as a team instead of competing "Tera itna mara Kya? Mera tere se kam mara. Mera desh mahan"

3 minutes ago, MechEng said:

War?

trump in his usual style avoided answering yes or no but he did say people will find out at the right time. its quite simple the way I look at it. if indeed 100-200k people die in US (the military superpower of the world), they will be forced to retaliate somehow.  with an election on the way as well, I dont think Trump will be able to resist himself, kind of like how modi felt compelled to respond to Pulwama.

Edited by FischerTal

Just now, FischerTal said:

trump in his usual style avoided answering yes or no but he did say people will find out at the right time. its quite simple the way I look at it. if indeed 100-200k people die in US, being the military superpower of the world, if they don't retaliate, they will be forced to look weak. with an election on the way as well, I dont think Trump will be able to resist himself, kind of like how modi felt compelled to respond to Pulwama.

Hope it isn't a war. The economy will already be screwed after pandemic stabilizes, people would want to get back to normal life.

10 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Why do numbers matter? The whole world should be more concerned about terminating the virus and work as a team instead of competing

Because the numbers and data are used to fight the virus - to make decisions about how the virus is spreading, and choices about allocating public health resources.  

When China lied about human to human transmission in January, and the WHO backed it up, the world allowed infection-carriers from Wuhan to travel all over the globe, spreading it everywhere, instead of shutting down travel.  Just 2 weeks earlier international travel shutdown would mean that Italy, US etc would not be in the situation they are today.  

In an epidemic outbreak, quick, honest sharing of data is absolutely critical in driving the efforts to fight the virus.  

This is not just about a "competition" of numbers.   China lied the same way after SARS 20 years ago.  And the world updated rules that require countries to notify others about disease outbreaks.  Precisely to avoid or reduce the chances of what is happening today. The Chinese government broke the law by lying.  

24 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

trump in his usual style avoided answering yes or no but he did say people will find out at the right time. its quite simple the way I look at it. if indeed 100-200k people die in US (the military superpower of the world), they will be forced to retaliate somehow.  with an election on the way as well, I dont think Trump will be able to resist himself, kind of like how modi felt compelled to respond to Pulwama.

I think china is in for some trouble. You can't have that trust back once you've lost it. They are clearly exposed here. 

Edited by Autonomous