Boom-Boom-Boomrah

The following is my opinion of Bumrah that I had posted in another thread

I am very hopeful about Bumrah for the following reasons

• he bowls in good areas while maintaining good speeds of 135 k to 143 k.
  • he gets zip off the pitch
  • his unorthodox action would make it difficult for the batsmen to gauge the trajectory of his deliveries
  • he has a good yorker and good bouncer
  • he gets seam movement and some swing too
  • he does not look like a spraygun and bowls to a plan
  • he has a good slower ball
  • most importantly...he takes wickets

I was a bit surprised to see Sran picked ahead of Bumrah for the ODIs. Bumrah is the more " ready " pacer for LOIs among the new pacers coming up.

The reason given was that he is a left hander. This logic works when there are 2 or more pacers od similar quality or maturity..then the variation helps.

The great West Indian bowling attacks of the '70s and '80s did not have a single left arm pacer. Neither did the great Aussie attack of the late '90s and early 2000s.  They did not just take an average left-armer for the sake of variety.

lot of our bowlers start well, but dont maintain it,  has happened too many times with. I am not getting too excited. Let him play without pressure of expectations for a while. 

Hasnt happened a lot lately though . Its been a few years we had a pace bowler start this well , but generally I get the scepticism . 

Hasnt happened a lot lately though . Its been a few years we had a pace bowler start this well , but generally I get the scepticism . 

They all have started well. Aaron started well against England in ODIs. Yadav started well too at home in ODIs against WI and England. BK started well at home in ODIs.

They all have started well. Aaron started well against England in ODIs. Yadav started well too at home in ODIs against WI and England. BK started well at home in ODIs.

We always look for pacers who combine pace with decent accuracy more than one off performances.

Yadav never had accuracy and BK never had pace.

Aaron's case is sad because, before his last injury and the operation that followed....Aaron combined extreme pace with decent accuracy in a few ODIs.  After coming back, his radar is not working...maybe because of some changes in bowling action.

True. Aaron started off really well against England. Bowled a few awesome reverse swinging yorkers. I think he picked up 2 or 3 wickets. But he got injured after that. Changed his action and never was the same bowler after that.

Aaron bowled well after his comeback vs SL. He bowled a few balls over 150K and then got injured again. Watch the video below of his bowling vs SL. 

http://www.starsports.com/cricket/tour/tourid=220/matchvideos/vod/video=india-sri-lanka-1st-odi-aaron-bowling-package/index.html

Edited by Mosher