ODI WC vs T20 WC

Also, it was pretty boring because the favorite teams in each match won. This time around, because of the ficklesness of the format, it throws up surprises.

Also, at least in the last year's WC, qualification hinged upon the last game of the Group stages. This World Twenty20, not the case.

22 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Last year ODI Wc was played ,most of the matches were boring, people started calling it boring WC This year T20 WC is so exciting almost every match is worth watching , clearly there is no future for ODI's

T20 barely has any break and lesser time for ads. Means lesser revenues.

ODIs are where the money is.

The problem with the ODi WC is the bloated format. Nearly one month of the 1.5 month long tourney is meaningless as you know that the test sides will get to Q/F (knockouts) anyway. The real fun begins Q/F onwards but at that point, there's just 10 days of cricket left! In WT20, every game counts as a defeat in group stages can knock a team out (look at SA or Aus this WT20). If the ICC restructures ODI WC and makes the group stage games meaningful, I'm sure ODI WC would be a fun event too.

Test series against other good teams are equal in importance with the 50 over WC in my opinion. T20 WC comes nowhere near, but is more important than any bilateral limited overs series. Having said that I've enjoyed this tournament a lot more than the 50 over one. Every match has a meaning. Even the games between the top teams lack an edge in the early stages of the CWC because you know they're all still going to get through

Edited by YCCC

Simply put, the emotions of 2nd April 2011 is unparalleled. You experience it only once and only when you win the ICC Cricket World Cup. 

When India won the ICC World Twenty20 in 2007, it was great. But nothing can match the happiness of the night of 2nd April 2011. 

On 3/27/2016 at 3:24 PM, Singh bling said:

Last year ODI Wc was played ,most of the matches were boring, people started calling it boring WC This year T20 WC is so exciting almost every match is worth watching , clearly there is no future for ODI's

I believe you meant to say "Clearly there is no future for Test Cricket". Seriously, you have to be either unemployed or on welfare to even bother with that sh*t format. 

On the other hand you have to be kidding me ... Winning a WCT20 < Winning a ODI WC.

4 hours ago, Adi_91 said:

Simply put, the emotions of 2nd April 2011 is unparalleled. You experience it only once and only when you win the ICC Cricket World Cup. 

When India won the ICC World Twenty20 in 2007, it was great. But nothing can match the happiness of the night of 2nd April 2011. 

Spot on...odi wc above all...

Purist and traditionalist always want to keep original form alive , but unfortunately things keep on changing.look at teams Like England and West Indies , they reached Semi final of T20 while they suck in ODI format. ICC, BCCI and other boards has phased out ODI  tournaments, now its just  WC cup champions trophy and meaningless ODI series. . Players these days are preparing just for T20  so it means more competetion.

I like ODI Wc but the fact is you cannot have exciting competetion after just 4 years when players and countries are hardly going to prepare for that

5 hours ago, Adi_91 said:

This is because we are generation growing up watching ODI world cups and many exciting ODI tournaments .The the generation 5-6 year onwards will only remember exciting T20 clashes. .Just keep your nationalism aside and tell me when was the last Exciting ODI cup or tournament you have seen, not bilateral? 

Edited by Singh bling