England vs West Indies | 1st Test | Ageas Bowl, Southampton | Jul 8-12 | Match Thread

19 hours ago, Gollum said:

How does every other test team look so much better than us in England?

If you closely look at it,  none of our players are good players square of the wicket. Most of our players prefer drives rather than cut or backfoot punch which is extremely effective in these conditions.  Kohli got also exposed in NZ due to that whereas Williamson employed backfoot punch & square cut to a great extent.  Other reason last time we took finished Murli Vijay to Eng that Afghanistan bashing came to bite us.  Had Mayank or Shaw opened there result could've been different both are good square of the wicket.  

10 minutes ago, Norman said:

Am I the only one who's mighty impressed by this Bess guy ?

Performed brilliantly in South Africa and bowling with a great control here too. Can become England's Nathan Lyon... Looks solid with the bat too. 

Any random offie will make our batsmen dance, especially Rahane. But I guess Eng will play only one of Moeen/Bess against us. 

22 minutes ago, Norman said:

Am I the only one who's mighty impressed by this Bess guy ?

Performed brilliantly in South Africa and bowling with a great control here too. Can become England's Nathan Lyon... Looks solid with the bat too. 

He's good. Gets a lot of drift.