IPL will start from Sept 19 in UAE and final will be on Nov 8- BCCI Sources (Post 36)

13 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

if this goes ahead we will get annihilated in Australia tests.. you heard it here first.

Then so be it..

Usually i would be saying country over ipl, but the financial situation is so dire that for our cricketing structures to survive something has to be sacrificed. I think many Aussie players will partake. Dont see the Acb will stop them given that if bcci cancels the tour they will be up the creek without a paddle. So both sides will have players involved just before a test series.

But i do hope somebody tells likes of Rahane and Pujara two test cricketers who have earnt enough money to forgo the ipl and play test cricket. Bcci need to be wise and compensate them. Dont think these two add to glamour coefficients of ipl.

Its also good that kohli is with rcb. Mostly should be the out of the running quickly so he can relax and get into test mode.

The bcci needs to be smart and decide which players wont add to the ipl glamour and are test players. Rahane Pujara Ishant etc. Ensure you keep like an india a vs india b game in india or aus.

Pakistan may win/draw/lose in England but I admire how they are preparing. Landed in England so early, big contingent and playing so many warm ups and intra-squad matches. They did the same before the previous 2 Eng tours (2016, '18). If a poor board like PCB can do this what stops BCCI? With our resources, talent, depth, fast bowling attack if only we take pre-SENA tour preparations more seriously !!!!

But no, we had Kohli's wedding and a useless SL series, so arrived in RSA 5 days before 1st test and didn't have a single outdoor session. And we prepared for Eng tests by playing T20s/ODIs with Kookaburra on pattas. In NZ we warmed up by playing 5 T20s and 3 ODIs when the need was to have more 4 day warm ups preferably with FC status. 

1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

Then so be it..

Usually i would be saying country over ipl, but the financial situation is so dire that for our cricketing structures to survive something has to be sacrificed.

If financial situation of Indian cricket depends so much on 1 IPL season, I don't think BCCI is managing the $$$ properly, how did they flourish before 2008? Can the board be more transparent about its financial allocations/transactions? No wonder the state of Indian cricket is so dire, stinks of corruption. I don't care about other boards be it ECB or CA....only BCCI chomus who I doubt have Indian cricket's best interests at heart. 

I don't mind IPL but the way these administrators are whining and crying, I mean give me a break....it is as though they are the only *ers suffering because of Covid and them deshbhakts are doing the nation a favor by hosting a league which btw has title sponsorship of a Chinese company. 

Edited by Gollum
27 minutes ago, Gollum said:

If financial situation of Indian cricket depends so much on 1 IPL season, I don't think BCCI is managing the $$$ properly, how did they flourish before 2008? Can the board be more transparent about its financial allocations/transactions? No wonder the state of Indian cricket is so dire, stinks of corruption. I don't care about other boards be it ECB or CA....only BCCI chomus who I doubt have Indian cricket's best interests at heart. 

I don't mind IPL but the way these administrators are whining and crying, I mean give me a break....it is as though they are the only *ers suffering because of Covid and them deshbhakts are doing the nation a favor by hosting a league which btw has title sponsorship of a Chinese company. 

Too many associations have big ticket infra projects under construction 

Its at the ranji level where the problems lay.

On a per capita basis the bcci does not earn much

5 hours ago, Gollum said:

Pakistan may win/draw/lose in England but I admire how they are preparing. Landed in England so early, big contingent and playing so many warm ups and intra-squad matches. They did the same before the previous 2 Eng tours (2016, '18). If a poor board like PCB can do this what stops BCCI? With our resources, talent, depth, fast bowling attack if only we take pre-SENA tour preparations more seriously !!!!

But no, we had Kohli's wedding and a useless SL series, so arrived in RSA 5 days before 1st test and didn't have a single outdoor session. And we prepared for Eng tests by playing T20s/ODIs with Kookaburra on pattas. In NZ we warmed up by playing 5 T20s and 3 ODIs when the need was to have more 4 day warm ups preferably with FC status. 

Agree they managed to draw their last two test series there.  I think their bowlers like English conditions & their batters play swing better than our superstars who get destroyed by Moeen Ali of all people. They prepare well no doubt about that. 

15 hours ago, Gollum said:

You ask questions and you answer them yourself :laugh:

5 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

IPL chairman this year is Brijesh Patel from Karnataka. He will make sure RCB wins. It is phiksed. Chaap do , Abhi.

K factor in IPL now :(( If K factor was the kingdom and Kumble was its mafia head then Brijesh Patel is The Godfather. Can’t forget the 90s when between the Dravid’s and Srinath’s we snuck in Ganesh,Johnson Somasundar and also probably a lot more games than Sunil Joshi deserved  

Annavaru Brijesh Patel :hail:

Edited by maniac
9 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

IPL chairman this year is Brijesh Patel from Karnataka. He will make sure RCB wins. It is phiksed. Chaap do , Abhi.

RCB ka captain kohli hai unko fiing bhi nahin jeeta sakti

If K connection will come it ll come for KXIP who has more Karnataka connection then RCB

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

RCB ka captain kohli hai unko fiing bhi nahin jeeta sakti

If K connection will come it ll come for KXIP who has more Karnataka connection then RCB

Don’t underestimate Don Brijesh Patel. I don’t think even the notorious Mumbai lobby has ever managed to have 10/11 players from Mumbai.

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

K factor in IPL now :(( If K factor was the kingdom and Kumble was its mafia head then Brijesh Patel is The Godfather. Can’t forget the 90s when between the Dravid’s and Srinath’s we snuck in Ganesh,Johnson Somasundar and also probably a lot more games than Sunil Joshi deserved  

Annavaru Brijesh Patel :hail:

These guys you mention came in during GRV's period.

Brijesh Patel era was in 2003. Not to forget Vijay Bharadwaj. All were Ranji winners. So deserved a chance.  

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8552/scorecard/66061/india-vs-australia-3rd-match-titan-cup-1996-97

There were 6 from Karnataka in this team. :rcb:

Edited by coffee_rules

IPL 2020 set to begin on September 19

The 2020 edition of the Indian Premier League is set to begin on September 19 and the final will be played on November 8, Brijesh Patel - the IPL Governing Council chairman - confirmed the window Cricbuzz, on Friday (July 24). The tournament will be held in UAE, pending clearance from the Indian government.

Earlier in the week, the BCCI had zeroed in on the United Arab Emirates as the venue for the 13th edition of the tournament after long deliberations of hosting it in India had failed following the worsening of the coronavirus pandemic in the country.

The Emirates Cricket Board, and SLC, had approached the BCCI with the offer of playing host to the IPL, stating that they had the required infrastructure for it. With the ICC postponing the Men's T20 WC - originally scheduled to be held from October 18 to November 15 - a window opened up for IPL to be held.

Further details regarding the plan of departure for teams and the full schedule of the tournament will be chalked out at the IPL Governing Council meeting next week.

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/113563/ipl-2020-to-begin-on-september-19-final-on-november-8

I dont care about abroad tour anymore atleast ipl is fun to watch and no stresss. Also financialy it will be beneficial at so many level. If anyone thinking that going 2 months before the abroad tour India would be able to win the tour of Aus it's pure assumption. As, even if no ipl bcci would arrange some other random series than giving 2 months for training. Also i dont think even if you give 4 months preparation to fattus like hahane,kohlis and their minions wo kuch ukhad payengey. So stop whinning and enjoy the thing where india has absolute control and on which padosi cry day and night.

52 minutes ago, raki05 said:

I dont care about abroad tour anymore atleast ipl is fun to watch and no stresss. Also financialy it will be beneficial at so many level. If anyone thinking that going 2 months before the abroad tour India would be able to win the tour of Aus it's pure assumption. As, even if no ipl bcci would arrange some other random series than giving 2 months for training. Also i dont think even if you give 4 months preparation to fattus like hahane,kohlis and their minions wo kuch ukhad payengey. So stop whinning and enjoy the thing where india has absolute control and on which padosi cry day and night.

I like IPL, SENA tours etc. but my favorite tournament is Asia cup/ Nidahas trophy kinda series. These are the tournaments I get most excited about and wait for months. Nothing feels better than watching some crying Pak/Bangla fans...hehe. :giggle:

Asia cup is like world cup for me and I will miss it dearly this year :((