Ram Navami Triggers A Saffron Surge In Bengal

rageaddict

Keel calm and have some rosogulla.  Damn, I wish I could have some right now.  There's this place in Bombay - they make rosogullas the size of tennis balls - just ridiculously good.  Bhaishankar Gaurishankar.   I miss Bombay.  Hardly any effete bongs running around.:p:

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Keel calm and have some rosogulla.  Damn, I wish I could have some right now.  There's this place in Bombay - they make rosogullas the size of tennis balls - just ridiculously good.  Bhaishankar Gaurishankar.   I miss Bombay.  Hardly any effete bongs running around.:p:

Desai Bhaishankar?

The one near the Jain mandir?

No frills, but the best rosogullas ever. Have been going there, ever since I can remember.

They have an outlet at Kalbadevi too.

16 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

1. Not all of North India were 'mostly Buddhist', the only region of North India described as 'mostly buddhist' is the Bengal-Bihar region, where Pal Empire was based. Rest of Ganges had a healthy mix of hindus, buddhists & Jains, same with the Indus Valley, though there is no evidence that Buddhism was present in significant quantities in Rajputana. 

The conversion from Buddhism to Hinduism started happening after 700s AD, when Bhakti movement was gaining ground in places like upper Ganges valley, South India etc. In places like Indus valley or Bengal the conversion happened mostly from Buddhism to Islam. 

2. Land incentive was a major incentive to convert but not the only reason as i pointed out. Conversion of tribals into muslim population was also a major reason. 

Thank you buddy!!

2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

You mean the phattugiri that affected everyone else in India ? Last i checked, the majority of Rajputs converted too. Phattus them too, eh ?

:laugh:  You clearly are way too sensitive to this "effete bong" line of attack.   Its almost as bad as Ganguly's ducking and weaving against the short ball.  :p:  

14 minutes ago, sandeep said:

:laugh:  You clearly are way too sensitive to this "effete bong" line of attack.   Its almost as bad as Ganguly's ducking and weaving against the short ball.  :p:  

Well thats coz after the hindi-belt betrayal of Bengalis, we are left to fend for ourselves. When its us who did the ground action and mostly Marathis and Gujjus did the 'politicking' while the Rajputs and Jats carried the banner of the British East India Army loyally, we'd expect atleast some credit from the inactive Hindi belt, living off of folklore history of some alleged 'bravery' 1000 years ago and having done jack-**** for India independence movement themselves. 

But no, apparently the Jats and Rajputs who got raped and killed off by the Muslims and then were loyal servants of the Brits are ' brave and ferocious'. But the region that gave us the man with balls to form an army against the British and actually attack them, while committing over 50% of violent crimes against the British officers are 'Phattus'. 

Go figure. the whole 'brave Jat/Brave rajput' is a bigger myth than the 'Phattu shouthies/Bengalis' myth.

Edited by Muloghonto

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

Well thats coz after the hindi-belt betrayal of Bengalis, we are left to fend for ourselves. When its us who did the ground action and mostly Marathis and Gujjus did the 'politicking' while the Rajputs and Jats carried the banner of the British East India Army loyally, we'd expect atleast some credit from the inactive Hindi belt, living off of folklore history of some alleged 'bravery' 1000 years ago and having done jack-**** for India independence movement themselves. 

But no, apparently the Jats and Rajputs who got raped and killed off by the Muslims and then were loyal servants of the Brits are ' brave and ferocious'. But the region that gave us the man with balls to form an army against the British and actually attack them, while committing over 50% of violent crimes against the British officers are 'Phattus'. 

Go figure. the whole 'brave Jat/Brave rajput' is a bigger myth than the 'Phattu shouthies/Bengalis' myth.

Dude, why stuck on history.  I think the modern bengali's effeteness is more diet based than anything.  I mean, look at all the hawt chicks and actresses that are Bengali.  Gotta be something in the food.

5 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Ya, Jat history is nothing. Hate generalisations but there may be some in the next para and so, sorry.

Many of Jats happen to be strong and good looking. carefree and chill. Work well as a group. Make good armymen. But besharam bhi hain jo reservation mangte hain. Aur nihayti besharam bhi hain kyonki they indulge in worst gutbaazi. Extremely overrated - 1 silver/bronze jeete nahi aur chane ke jhaad  pe chadha diya salon ko.

1 minute ago, randomGuy said:

Ya, Jat history is nothing. Hate generalisations but there may be some in the next para and so, sorry.

Many of Jats happen to be strong and good looking. carefree and chill. Work well as a group. Make good armymen. But besharam bhi hain jo reservation mangte hain. Aur nihayti besharam bhi hain kyonki they indulge in worst gutbaazi. Extremely overrated - 1 silver/bronze jeete nahi aur chane ke jhaad  pe chadha diya salon ko.

Thats coz Jats are not a historical people. They are originally pastoral people (cow-goat-camel herders) from Sindh & western Rajasthan region that spread after big chunks of Punjab and Haryana region was depopulated by Timur.  This is why we literally don't hear about Jats in history till like 300-400 years ago.  And this is why Jats are so varied- they took the customs and religion of the lands they went to. Thats why the Jats in haryana are hindu, Jats in Indian Punjab are Sikh and Jats in Pakistani punjab are muslims. You don't find Hindu Jats from Pakistan or Muslim Jats from Haryana very easily for this reason.

15 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Dude, why stuck on history.  I think the modern bengali's effeteness is more diet based than anything.  I mean, look at all the hawt chicks and actresses that are Bengali.  Gotta be something in the food.

Pretty much the only thing we do different from rest of India is less meat, more fish and tons of sweets. 
:confused:

Yeah, the record of Jatt people from the time of Bin Qasim is from the 'tharparkar' region, being semi-nomadic pastoralists. Their spread is documented in early-modern history, mostly finding mention after Timur depopulated the Punjab -Delhi region to a significant degree.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=ZvaGuaJIJgoC&pg=PA269&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

But of course, it doesn't fit the Hinduvta narrative, so instead of producing evidence based analysis as in above book, they will cry 'colonialist! evil white people! western imperialism!' etc etc. 

Ever heard of battle of rajasthan, ever heard of bappa rawal, ever heard of nagabhata Ist, nobody is denying Bengali's are cowards, but why are you guys turning blind eye in the name of secularism.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk