Is Kohli too poor to be captain

G_B_

36 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

Lol. Why were we losing with them when he was captaining? LOL.

Lol Because captaincy discussion is just not about selection only. In any case you only followed dhoni's career. And to add to that you are a dhoni fanatic. I don't think it would be any useful to continue the discussion.Hope you understand and feel free to downvote as much as possible if you don't agree.

I thought younger generation has much improved with regards to hero worship culture. Such craze was seen for film stars in 90's, 80's and before.Sachin fans were crazy. Then dhoni fans inherited from them and went a notch higher in craziness. Hope kohli fans do not continue the trend in future.

Edited by Pollack
3 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Lol Because captaincy discussion is just not about selection only. In any case you only followed dhoni's career. And to add to that you are a dhoni fanatic. I don't think it would be any useful to continue the discussion.Hope you understand and feel free to downvote as much as possible if you don't agree.

I thought younger generation has much improved with regards to hero worship culture. Such craze was seen for film stars in 80's and before.Sachin fans were crazy. Then dhoni fans inherited from them and went a notch higher in craziness. Hope kohli fans do not continue the trend in future.

Keep going with baseless stuff like that so that you can run away and ignore your own bias.

You think you are the only one who has watched cricket, it must be truly difficult for you to be discussing it here on a forum then, maybe you should contact Star Sports and apply for an expert alongside Gavaskar and co.

Lol Because captaincy discussion is just not about selection only. In any case you only followed dhoni's career. And to add to that you are a dhoni fanatic. I don't think it would be any useful to continue the discussion.Hope you understand and feel free to downvote as much as possible if you don't agree.

I thought younger generation has much improved with regards to hero worship culture. Such craze was seen for film stars in 90's, 80's and before.Sachin fans were crazy. Then dhoni fans inherited from them and went a notch higher in craziness. Hope kohli fans do not continue the trend in future.

I am more worried about Umesh Yadav fans :pray:

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

India was poor in handling pressure situations before dhoni in Odis. We don't  have good back up for yuvraj.

I was talking about tests and ashwin and Jadeja.

We were poor in handling pressure in ODI before that NatWest final which was turn around. Under dhoni we sharpened those skills.Yuvraj, dhoni, Raina all get credit for that.

I was talking about tests and ashwin and Jadeja.

We were poor in handling pressure in ODI before that NatWest final which was turn around. Under dhoni we sharpened those skills.Yuvraj, dhoni, Raina all get credit for that.

We kept losing finals after NatWest.Natwest was turning point.

Right after the CT in SriLanka .We lost ODI series to WI in India.Fking West Indies.

That's how awful we were in ODI deciders then.

7 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

We kept losing finals after NatWest.Natwest was turning point.

Right after the CT in SriLanka .We lost ODI series to WI in India.Fking West Indies.

That's how awful we were in ODI deciders then.

Bilaterals are meaningless when it comes to pressure.We were talking of handling pressure ? If its freaking West Indies like you say so emphasising it then where is the pressure? :biggrin: Also you cannot win each and every series.

Edited by Pollack
Bilateral are meaningless.We were talking of pressure ? If its freaking West Indies like you where is the pressure? Also you cannot win each and every series.

It was the decider I was actually referring to.It was 3-3 and we lost the decider.Natwest was pretty much a meaningless tournament too in that sense .

I also remember us losing Tri series final in 2003 in India , obviously both CB series finals easily after competing roughly during the group stage etc.

Not worried at all. 2020 is not how you judge captaincy. If his team is doing bad or let MI comeback from 8-4, doesn't mean its the captaincy fault, similarly if his team somehow wins a game from nowhere after being down and out, doesn't mean Kohli deserve the credit.

I am honestly not worried about his captaincy.

Dhoni was a great captain, the best ever we have had no doubt, and so will be Kohli.

13 hours ago, I6MTW said:

yea I actually think Kohli has a lot to learn from captaincy. He should be dropped as a captain and have someone else captain the side. He's not ready for loi captaincy as evident from his last few years of ipl outings. Should stick to and concentrate on test captaincy and batting only as of now.

Why can't he learn while being captain. More hands-on practise. No? 

IPL captaincy is meaningless. He has a choker team which relies on individual brilliance.

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

Why can't he learn while being captain. More hands-on practise. No? 

IPL captaincy is meaningless. He has a choker team which relies on individual brilliance.

Hes been the captain of the choker team for a while now .

I can understand they lost a few finals , but a team with likes of Gayle , AB , Virat , Watson and domestic talents like Jadhav , Chahal and Mandeep in its linup cannot manage to win even half of its games ? 

3 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Still needs time , there are areas he can improve a lot . At this point he is too emotional for my liking , its all good when the team is winning but these things get exposed when going gets tough . 

This. Needs to get him emotions tuned to think with a clear head, especially in LOIs where things happen really fast.