MANISH PANDEY has sealed his spot for CT 2017

WC2011INDIA

1 hour ago, Lord said:

Dhoni too :agree:

Dhoni should have played to help with the transition. I wouldn't want to have a youngster thrown at the deep end directly. I would've played Pant as a batsman the way Aus played Gilchrist initially when Healy was still around. Eventually you get Pant to take over. Also, I would want Pant to play alongside somebody like Dhoni so Pant can be groomed by one of the greatest wkt keeper batsmen in odis.

Rahane is simply not good enough and Yuvraj is past it and doesn't offer anything at this point (batting, bowling or fielding). Dhoni is still a pretty good wkt keeper and a decent odi batsman.

19 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Dhoni should have played to help with the transition. I wouldn't want to have a youngster thrown at the deep end directly. I would've played Pant as a batsman the way Aus played Gilchrist initially when Healy was still around. Eventually you get Pant to take over. Also, I would want Pant to play alongside somebody like Dhoni so Pant can be groomed by one of the greatest wkt keeper batsmen in odis.

Rahane is simply not good enough and Yuvraj is past it and doesn't offer anything at this point (batting, bowling or fielding). Dhoni is still a pretty good wkt keeper and a decent odi batsman.

Agree about Rahane but Yuvi has easily looked better than Dhoni in last few months.Anyway I dont want either

As for keeping,Pant is a good keeper too.

Grooming etc can be done from the sidelines.You dont waste a spot for that.Same argument was given for Sachin lol

Barring injuries, I see very little practical chance of either Pandey or Pant getting in the playing 11.

The team I expect ( not my choice )

Rohit 

Rahul / Dhawan

Kohli

Yuvraj

Dhoni 

Kedar 

Hardik

Jadeja 

Bhuvi

Shami

Bumrah

Reserves - Dhawan / Rahul, Pandey, Pant, Ashwin, Umesh.

will most probably be our team in the early part of CT. 

2 hours ago, Lord said:

Agree about Rahane but Yuvi has easily looked better than Dhoni in last few months.Anyway I dont want either

As for keeping,Pant is a good keeper too.

Grooming etc can be done from the sidelines.You dont waste a spot for that.Same argument was given for Sachin lol

Yuvraj always looks great against trundlers on pattas. But once he faces better bowlers he looks clueless. Do you recall the odi series against Aus where Johnson made him look like a tailender or the WT20 or the Asia Cup? Yuvraj is done. Dhoni shouldn't be around in T20s but in odis he's a much better bet than Yuvraj. Get Manish Pandey in there with Pant as an opener and once Pant has settled in, he can take over from Dhoni - hopefully by the time WC rolls in.

Lets wait till the the end part of ipl....after every match there is thread

Players like dhoni, rohit, dhawan, rahul n all shudnt go

pant, pandey, gambhir(srsly him) shud go

A lot of time is left, form n fitness will change a lot in next 1 mnths.....

Knowing our courageous selectors :giggle: and brave indian team mngmt mindset:p::p:.......there wud hardly be many bold decsions in case of injuries. In that case also many of us knws chances of bhajji, gambo, karthik are bright

11, for today :p:

Rahul

Pant (wk)

Kohli

Panday

Rana

Krunal 

Hardik

Ashwin / Kuldeep

Bhuvi / Umesh

Shami

Bumrah

Highlights:

* Pant to open and keep. I haven't seen him bat recently but going by the hype on this forum (trusting the fellow ICFers' judgment)

* #4 baton passes to Panday

* Dynamic trio of MI - Rana, Krunal and Hardik (difficult to lose)

* Team picked with an eye on  the ODI WC in 2019

Edited by zen