Kohli wants Nehra ; Selectors want Shami for Champions trophy

I don't trust Indian media reporting to be accurate when it comes to cricket news.    

Its a bit unfortunate that if a captain wants a quality left-arm pace option in his squad, Nehra is right up there in the choices, old age, creaky bones and all.    Zaheer and Nehra need to spend a couple of weeks a year at the pace academy with the likes of Thampi, Sran, Nathu, Siraj etc.   Wouldn't that be a great thing to see in the 'off-season'.  

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I don't trust Indian media reporting to be accurate when it comes to cricket news.    

Its a bit unfortunate that if a captain wants a quality left-arm pace option in his squad, Nehra is right up there in the choices, old age, creaky bones and all.    Zaheer and Nehra need to spend a couple of weeks a year at the pace academy with the likes of Thampi, Sran, Nathu, Siraj etc.   Wouldn't that be a great thing to see in the 'off-season'.  

As I said it isn't some media just doubt it for hits.PTI has reported it and just circulated to other medias.PTI is neither for hits or profit to make up this .

They are basically like Reuters in India.

1 hour ago, BeautifulGame said:

As I said it isn't some media just doubt it for hits.PTI has reported it and just circulated to other medias.PTI is neither for hits or profit to make up this .

They are basically like Reuters in India.

That doesn't make them reliable.  Cricket journalism in India is rife with rumor mongering and shoddy reporting.  

That doesn't make them reliable.  Cricket journalism in India is rife with rumor mongering and shoddy reporting.  

PTI is reliable.There is a difference between news agency and media tabloidism.

As I say in every country media it is rife with rumor and tabloid stuff.Just have to differentiate between the reliable ones.

2 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Only kuldeep overall has the potential .  

The problem with others you have listed is that we cannot play them in all formats  it will always be difficult to play them ahead of both Jadeja who are world class in 2 formats and decent in other , Chahal is very good for shorter formats and hes been picked for that . I have been a mishra fan , but hes a Dinesh Karthik of spin bowling , chokes at international level .  

Nadeem and Axar are no better than Jadeja . 

I disagree. Nadeem would be in my list as well along with Kuldeep. The guy has the ball on a string and can vary his pace and length subtly. Very tough to go after him IMO.

6 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I disagree. Nadeem would be in my list as well along with Kuldeep. The guy has the ball on a string and can vary his pace and length subtly. Very tough to go after him IMO.

Hes 29 years old , I wundt put him in the same category as Kuldeep whos our future .