Kohli wants Nehra ; Selectors want Shami for Champions trophy

3 hours ago, sscomp32 said:

No matter what the source i find it tough to believe. 

But its absolutely pathetic if this is true. :wall: 

And If he is favouring dilliwala's please add pant too. 

He needs to be in the side not these oldies. 

And Nitish Rana too... i won't mind that.

Give Kohli the players he has confidence in else how can he get the best out of the team if some players don't have his full confidence :dontknow: If Kohli is going to be held accountable for the results, which he will be, he deserves to get the players he wants. I just pray Rahane, Yuvraj and Rayudu are not in Kohli's list :pray: 

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Then by now we should have given India cap to the likes of Paul Valthaty, Kamran Khan and other one season wonders from the IPL.  I like Rana, but let the boy show some consistency for more than a couple of games.   

Couldn't agree more. Performing in a few games in one IPL season shouldn't be the sole selection criteria. If such performances had come at the back of a stellar domestic season, I wouldn't have a problem but this is not the case. Also, I wouldn't mind someone like Rana getting a go if CT was a T20 tourney but that's not the case. Rana has yet to prove he can cut in 50 overs format and there are enough guys ahead of him in the pecking order.

3 hours ago, sandeep said:

Then by now we should have given India cap to the likes of Paul Valthaty, Kamran Khan and other one season wonders from the IPL.  I like Rana, but let the boy show some consistency for more than a couple of games.   

Definitely. Even I am not saying he should b in team India right now. My statement only meant that if Kohli wants Delhites in ODIs, then I would prefer Rana over Nehra.

3 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Give Kohli the players he has confidence in else how can he get the best out of the team if some players don't have his full confidence :dontknow: If Kohli is going to be held accountable for the results, which he will be, he deserves to get the players he wants. I just pray Rahane, Yuvraj and Rayudu are not in Kohli's list :pray: 

Given a choice, I would still prefer any of these three over Nehra. Anyway, Rayudu is injured and out of contention. And it would be hard to drop Yuvi, given that he has scored 150 in the last series..

Edited by DDfan2017
2 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

Given a choice, I would still prefer any of these three over Nehra. Anyway, Rayudu is injured and out of contention. And it would be hard to drop Yuvi, given that he has scored 150 in the last series..

I would take Nehra over the other three. Yuvraj has shown the guy's extremely inconsistent - one decent knock is followed by bunch of failures. In a short tourney like CT where every game counts you can't afford to have players like Yuvraj. And Yuvraj hasn't shown he can do much on difficult pitches or against better bowlers. The guy's done and should've called it quits after the 2011 WC. This IPL has he has shown the same inconsistency with one decent knock while failing most of the time.

49 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I would take Nehra over the other three. Yuvraj has shown the guy's extremely inconsistent - one decent knock is followed by bunch of failures. In a short tourney like CT where every game counts you can't afford to have players like Yuvraj. And Yuvraj hasn't shown he can do much on difficult pitches or against better bowlers. The guy's done and should've called it quits after the 2011 WC. This IPL has he has shown the same inconsistency with one decent knock while failing most of the time.

What good can Nehra do over the other three?? Is he fit to bowl 10 overs? Even if bowls 10 overs, where will he hide him for the remaining 40 overs?:thinking:

Edited by DDfan2017
4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Unless Kohli shares Trump's brain he wouldn't say this. I get the idea of having a leftie in the side. But only when both bowlers are equally good at a given time. Shami is an outstanding bowler. Nehra is past his peak.  

I didn't even realise when Nehra was at his peak that he has to be past his peak. Lol... He always seemed to be a burden in the team, except WC'03