Baahubali 2 - Releases this Friday .India's most awaited release ever

BeautifulGame

i am surprised to see many here liked the movie I did not like the movie even a bit because story was a drag not to forget some unbelievable scenes like  baahubali idea to use longtree to jump the fort`s wall  i felt like i am watching child/cartoon movie. Only the first half was watchable. 

Bahubali 1 was super. Some of weapon design and chariots in the movie is unique in history of Global Film industry. Was offered screen print by local DVD guy for rs 100 in Delhi. Dont want to screw my experience. So curbed my temptation. Hoping more of those jugaad but appreciable engineered system in part 2. 

Just saw Baahubali 2 today and have to say WOW!!!

let me get a few things straight here and clear a few things to be subjective

this is not one of those fun north vs south, Bollywood vs "South Indian"'film industry things at stake here

neither this is about hyping and "Indian movie" or "Telugu pride" bull crap

also one more thing...when I saw part 1 despite I felt it was a a+ for effort I did feel a little underwhelmed given the hype it got and was annoyed at the cliffhanger ending

now having said that my opinion on part 2 without any spoilers 

fantastic and incredible and may I add for an Indian movie here because obviously if your benchmark is game of thrones and lord of the rings you will never be satisfied.

@laaloo @coffee_rules and @vayuu1 who have already watched it feel free to disagree with me but I felt the king coronation scene was truly epic and will become one of the most iconic scenes of Indian cinema.

as far as story goes and the acting goes it was top notch. 

The action scenes were incredible and for a change you can actually suspend your disbelief because this is a fantasy I mean sure we have done that before for more non-fantasy commercial crap be it South Indian cinema or Bollywood.

yes there are some negatives like from 10 minutes into the movie till may be About mins 25 minutes mark there is some nonsense comedy and romantic angle...i almost felt they are going to fk this up but once it picks up there is never a dull moment.

now on one hand we say hey this doesn't have the "depth" of lord of the rings etc and story seems to be taken from Ramayana and Mahabharata...of course it will be..we need to be inspired by our own epic than some other culture so I will give them a pass.

I loved it and thoroughly enjoyed it...if you go with an intention of criticizing every single aspect and comparing it with Hollywood or other movies you will not enjoy it and then again good chance you will not enjoy any movie.

forget the hype forget that you have to prove a point and just enjoy it as an Indian movie and good chance you will love it.

I think watching this movie made me realise, content has no language, a film should made star out of no body and not the opposite ,where film is dependent on star power, that's where Bollywood has to take risks, we need fresh stories and faces, fresh Ideas, I think u can describe the new era into before and after bahubali, ultimately content should be the winner not star power, this movie could be Bollywood's e.t or terminator or crouching tiger hidden dragon.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

King's coronation, Court scene devasena, 

Spoiler kattappa killing Bahubali is also an epic scene, quite well edited and poignant. The start of war when she walks with Ballala's son's head. 

The end fight scenes were a bit laughworthy when they start flying in bunches was a bit too much to digest.

Mine was, someone (not gonna break suspense) ordering kattapa to kill bahubali and how an innocent was duped into a treacherous scheme also the pindari fight scene and the devesana sivagami conversation in court regarding marriage .

I think watching this movie made me realise, content has no language, a film should made star out of no body and not the opposite ,where film is dependent on star power, that's where Bollywood has to take risks, we need fresh stories and faces, fresh Ideas, I think u can describe the new era into before and after bahubali, ultimately content should be the winner not star power, this movie could be Bollywood's e.t or terminator or crouching tiger hidden dragon.

There was a Rajamouli movie before this Bahubali called Eaga (Naan E in Tamil) .Not sure it was dubbed in Hindi but in that movie he broke the conception that one even need a hero to produce a mass entertaining film.

Content and creativity are king ,Instead of the same old boring nonsense that most big heroes serve up.

I watched this movie today. First, you have to realize this is an action/fantasy entertainer intended for mass audiences. If you go looking for a realistic, historical movie you wont get it.

The positives :

1) Characterizations especially Sivagami, Baahubali(father) and Anushka's character.

2) Drama - before the end of first half and beginning of second half.

3) Most of the action sequences. Were pretty intense and entertaining.

4) Its very good visually. Cinematography, art direction, costumes were all good.

The negatives :

1) Some of the action sequences lacked logic.

2) Songs and background score. The music in first part was much better.

3) CGI was not great but not too bad either. They are good if you compare to what you get in Indian movies. If you compare with Hollywood, they will fall short. Its pretty much the same what you saw in the first part.

Overall, its good if you know what you're getting into. At least, most people wouldnt complain its boring because almost 3 hours breezes past pretty quickly.

Edited by NareshK

On 5/1/2017 at 5:20 AM, G_B_ said:

you got to admit

Telegu film industry has moved ahead of the rest after this. Always thought TN cinema was the leader in the south

They have been ahead for some time now it started with the ramoji film city when the telgu movies moved from Chennai to Hydrabad, big budget and for what its worth they have also access to tech and acting talent from Chennai as well besides their own big resources in Hyd. Rana Dagubatti the telugu actor is a chennai born chennai film school educated for instance. 

On 5/1/2017 at 7:22 AM, coffee_rules said:

yes, there was a scene earlier when she tried with two arrows and had failed. quite convincing with the fictional timing of the scene.

f all liberals complaining abt logic, will be wide-eyed with star wars. fast-furious BS.

star wars is set in an other world and does not defy physics with out an elaborate rationale. FF is bs agree.

46 minutes ago, Vilander said:

They have been ahead for some time now it started with the ramoji film city when the telgu movies moved from Chennai to Hydrabad, big budget and for what its worth they have also access to tech and acting talent from Chennai as well besides their own big resources in Hyd. Rana Dagubatti the telugu actor is a chennai born chennai film school educated for instance.

So is Mahesh Babu and Chirenjeevi too.The Telugu superstars .

Even Allu Arjun and Probs speak pretty good Tamil.

23 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

So is Mahesh Babu and Chirenjeevi too.The Telugu superstars .

Even Allu Arjun and Probs speak pretty good Tamil.

yup the fundamental reason is there is no friction between the two industries no comical kaveri protests to be pitted against in, they can freely go about their work as they are supposed to.

Edited by Vilander

yup the fundamental reason is there is not friction between the two industries no comical kaveri protests to be pitted against in, they can freely go about their work as they are supposed to.

Yes more importantly , most of the big budget movies in both industries are often Bilingual so that they have access to joint market which makes these ventures less risky.The next Mahesh Babu movie is a bilingual as well.

Also the technicians are shared around too.So there is generally very good relations between both.

8 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

Yes more importantly , most of the big budget movies in both industries are often Bilingual so that they have access to joint market which makes these ventures less risky.The next Mahesh Babu movie is a bilingual as well.

Also the technicians are shared around too.So there is generally very good relations between both.

I think the dubbed movies are not distrbuted to all centers isn't it?Maybe A and B, is it distributed to all regions?

http://m.economictimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/day-after-watching-bahubali-cm-siddaramaiah-caps-movie-ticket-rate-at-rs-200-in-karnataka/articleshow/58481098.cms?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=ETTWMain

Day after watching Bahubali, CM Siddaramaiah caps movie ticket rate at Rs 200 in Karnataka

Welcome move, some multiplexes had ticket prices rs 500+ on first weekend

There was a Rajamouli movie before this Bahubali called Eaga (Naan E in Tamil) .Not sure it was dubbed in Hindi but in that movie he broke the conception that one even need a hero to produce a mass entertaining film.

Content and creativity are king ,Instead of the same old boring nonsense that most big heroes serve up.

It was called makkhi in Hindi, I think Nani played makkhi in it with Samantha as the female lead and kiccha sudeep as villain if I am not wrong.