Tauseef takes dig at IPL, says PSL has ‘damaged’ it

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

since pakistanis are basically half turk half persian and half saud...wait thats 1.5 ok..they are still that much, arabian proverb for them.

c16d7ac6978257e86ff6d1f716e69758.jpg

half turk, half Persian, half saud? more like punjabi, Sindhis, balochis and afghans :D 

Edited by Temujin Khaghan
17 hours ago, thecricketer said:

Published: May 1, 2017
204SHARES
 SHARE TWEET EMAIL
PHOTO: REUTERS

PHOTO: REUTERS

Pakistan Cricket Board’s selection committee member Tauseef Ahmed believes the Pakistan Super League (PSL), despite its young age, has already emerged as a major threat to the glitzy cash-rich Indian Premier League.

“A country (India) has been organising such a league for six or seven years, but we have only staged it twice and results are there for all to see,” Tauseef told The Express Tribune. “Our PSL has, in my opinion, inflicted severe damage on their league, and the credit goes to everyone including both Najam Sethi and Shaharyar Khan.”

Tauseef is of the opinion that just two seasons of PSL has replenished Pakistan’s talent pool, which is a testament to the league’s success.

“The PSL gave us new talent such as Muhammad Nawaz, Muhammad Asghar before and now Shadab Khan,” he said. “These players have already played under so much pressure in PSL that the stress of international cricket doesn’t overwhelm them.”

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1398347/tauseef-takes-dig-ipl-says-psl-damaged/

Something's damaged for sure!!

2 hours ago, horizonspeaks said:

PSL indeed has damaged something. It's some bilateral internationals. People are more inclined to watch T20 leagues than the bilateral ODIs. In fact PSL final was watched by more Indians than Pakistanis. 

That's gonna happen given the fact India has one of the largest middle class economies in the world and actually has broadband internet so yeah Indians are more likely to watch/stream stuff. After all as far as Pakistanis are concerned most of them are cabbies logging in from Bradford or Birmingham and there can't be too many of those :giggle: 

11 minutes ago, kira said:

lol you still here, I thought you didn't care about this forum :laugh1: #PhateecharBeggar

You haven't seen reality in that case. I have seen Pakistanis call themselves 'Indians' and have seen them call their shops 'Indian Store' or 'Indian and Pakistani Store'. Hypocrisy isn't new for them :giggle: 

OTOH I've yet to see an Indian passing himself/herself off as 'Pakistani' or labeling their store 'Pakistani Store' :agree: 

I mean what I don't understand is that in this world, someone can want to be successful by doing well for himself... how can he be successful by destroying another person? Same with PSL and IPL.. do well for yourselves and enjoy the fruits. Why do you want to enjoy someone else's destruction. What kind of sick mentality is that? and what kind of sick philosophy/doctrine do you follow that teaches you that?

17 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

I mean what I don't understand is that in this world, someone can want to be successful by doing well for himself... how can he be successful by destroying another person? Same with PSL and IPL.. do well for yourselves and enjoy the fruits. Why do you want to enjoy someone else's destruction. What kind of sick mentality is that? and what kind of sick philosophy/doctrine do you follow that teaches you that?

hmmmm the answer is so obvious isnt it :bebored:

On ‎02‎-‎05‎-‎2017 at 1:47 PM, sarchasm said:

And this is what you call a neurotic obsession. It is not enough to be successful for themselves, they have to inflict damage on India. Has anyone from IPL and BBL or other league said that they exist to inflict damage on their rivals?

Today Inzamam , their Chief selector while launching the team for champions trophy said  they hope to do well against India on 4th June ..without mentioning what's their plan for the tournament and whether they will do well in the tournament..such neurotic obsession

10 hours ago, Alf Stewart said:

He is right in the PSL has been huge success whereas I don't think this years ipl has been a great edition

Lol in PSL, teams barely made scores more than 130 and even there the chase was so bad. PSL is pathetic. Even the lowest form of IPL is better than highest form of PSL whatever that may be.

36 minutes ago, laaloo said:

Lol in PSL, teams barely made scores more than 130 and even there the chase was so bad. PSL is pathetic. Even the lowest form of IPL is better than highest form of PSL whatever that may be.

Lol at your IQ level 

Amount of runs doesnt determine the quality of cricket/matches,Cricket is the battle between ball and bat so If the batting sides dont score too many runs all the time it could also be due to superior quality of bowling.

And certainly your comment exposes your ignorance regarding PSL as this year there were number of high scoring matches with some successful chases as well.