Should India pull out of CT after terror attack in UK?

^ Yes, Very Sad. Above has to be down to fact that just about 2 months back there was parliament attack. A month back frnd of mine generously offered 2 tickets for semis at Edbaston. One more terrorist incident between now and then, I will find it very hard to go and attend the game.

29 minutes ago, asterix said:

I was planning to go to a match with my kids. Now I've put the tickets back on sale. Don't want to take any risk. :sad:

I managed to get tickets to the Pak game but my parents have told me in no terms i am going to the match. They dont want to take the risk.

I managed to get tickets to the Pak game but my parents have told me in no terms i am going to the match. They dont want to take the risk.

Yes, lots of peer pressure to avoid crowded places for the time being...

Although I'm a firm believer that terrorists won't target anything Pak related...

2 hours ago, asterix said:

Yes, lots of peer pressure to avoid crowded places for the time being...

Although I'm a firm believer that terrorists won't target anything Pak related...

They may the Indian section of the crowd given most of the time the fans of various teams, especially India and Pakistan are segregated.

England touring India in 08 has no bearing on current events. They toured because India provides excellent security for visiting teams.

Can England guarantee equally good security for such a big event? I mean, if terrorists could easily attack a concert by a famous American singer, an attack on some cricket match can't be too difficult.

BCCI has to consider the safety of its players. England looks unstable, and even moreso when you consider the string of terrorist attacks taking place all across Europe, they are frequent occurrences. This probably isn't the best time to tour.

Edited by Manny_Pacquiao

^ What exactly are you implying? Unfortunately, In a world we live in, There is never a thing called guarantee. UK has increased threat level to "imminent" and deployed armed guards. Its a rare site to see armed ones as anti terror activity is intelligence driven.

Indian Government hasnt issued any VISA advisory or anything. While BCCI is completely justified to get assurance from UK authorities and ECB, To me, It is simple case of we stand by UK in its hour mourning? I say Yes.

Looks like another terrorist attack in London:

Fears of new terror attack after a white van 'mows down 20 people' on London Bridge amid unconfirmed reports of gunfire and stabbing

• There have been unconfirmed reports of at least seven victims being stabbed 
  • Witnesses said a white van veered off the road on London Bridge and hit people

A white van has reportedly ploughed into 20 people in a suspected 'terror attack' on London Bridge station, amid unconfirmed reports of gunfire and stabbing. 
Armed police are at the scene where witnesses said bodies were 'strewn' on the road at the landmark in central London.
The bridge is in lock down and the area around it is closed with bus routes being diverted, as armed police attend the scene and boats search the water.
There are have been unconfirmed reports of at least seven people being stabbed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4569638/Car-ploughs-20-people-London-Bridge.html