Pick one for ODI's: Amla or Kohli

1 hour ago, Zoranovic said:

A magnificent 103 to Amla in a pressure situation. 

Over to Kohli now to prove he is at Amla's level against the mighty Pakistan 

Kohli doesnt like to bash minnows so your team will be spared.

3 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Come on sir , pressure ? SA would have posted close to 300 or may be more had he got oit for a 0 . That's why I call him a zero impact player . It doesn't not matter to SA he scores or not .

SA lost QDK for not much and wickets for 5 runs around the 30th over. Amla withstood the pressure and ensured they didn't collapse.

If SA would've scored 300 regardless, by your logic all other batsman should have scored centuries too. 

2 hours ago, laaloo said:

Kohli doesnt like to bash minnows so your team will be spared.

The recent Test series against Australia and his dining out on Bangladesh would suggest otherwise 

7 minutes ago, Phoboyz said:

Long time lurker first time poster here.

I have to say that I like Amla over Kohli personally. Similar ODI records but Amla is much respected by the cricketing world including opposition countries whereas Kohli gets a divided reception at best.

Welcome.  Glad you started posting!

Amla and Kohli are different players - and they play different roles for their team.  Daburbhai had his peak phase a couple of years ago, when he was piling up big score after another, while VK had his last year.   Let's see how the current season plays out for them.   The real contest will be when we tour SA end of this year...

55 minutes ago, Phoboyz said:

I have to say that I like Amla over Kohli personally. Similar ODI records but Amla is much respected by the cricketing world including opposition countries whereas Kohli gets a divided reception at best.

23 minutes ago, Applelyard said:

Kohli's performance in the recent test series against Australia was a concern. Amla doesn't seem to crack under pressure like Kohli, they are both great bats but Amla for me.

@Zoranovicis that you? :blink:

3 hours ago, Applelyard said:

Kohli's performance in the recent test series against Australia was a concern. Amla doesn't seem to crack under pressure like Kohli, they are both great bats but Amla for me.

:rofl: at Amla doesn't crack under pressure 

Amla and AB De Villiers are the cause of South Africa's choking syndrome 

On 05/06/2017 at 3:08 PM, chewy said:

:rofl: at Amla doesn't crack under pressure 

Amla and AB De Villiers are the cause of South Africa's choking syndrome 

Amla ahead on the run tally in the CT.

I would take Amla anyday.

Great Thread OP you legend

Wth am i reading in this thread , 

On 2017-6-5 at 6:36 AM, Phoboyz said:

I dont think any one will take Amla over Virat for cricketing reasons , lets be honest here 

8 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Wth am i reading in this thread , 

I dont think any one will take Amla over Virat for cricketing reasons , lets be honest here 

Why not? Amla has beaten all Kohli's records

8 hours ago, Sgattick10 said:

If u pick world odi eleven Amla wouldn't find a place, he isn't an impact player, blowers aren't scared of him cos they know he won't go berserk but Kohli on his day esp on big days will demolish any opposition, will chase down any score and get u home. 

Wrong friend, Amla well enshrined in the greatest ODI Team of all time.

Amla, Gilchrist, Ponting, Sachin, Richards, ABV, Bevan, Afridi, Warne, Wasim, Waqar with Brett Lee carrying the drinks

8 hours ago, Pixel said:

Why not? Amla has beaten all Kohli's records

Wrong friend, Amla well enshrined in the greatest ODI Team of all time.

Amla, Gilchrist, Ponting, Sachin, Richards, ABV, Bevan, Afridi, Warne, Wasim, Waqar with Brett Lee carrying the drinks

Again I repeat , not for cricketing reasons . 

Am surprised you dint pick Moyo ahead of Tendulkar and Saqlian ahead of warne 

Not even close. Amala lays foundation, But still far behind a lot of players in limited overs cricket.

Kohli and Devil are two players who can lay foundation as well as destroy the attack. And they do it so often. Same is true with Smith too.

Williamson is probably comparable to Amala while Root lags behind him

1 hour ago, mishra said:

Not even close. Amala lays foundation, But still far behind a lot of players in limited overs cricket.

Kohli and Devil are two players who can lay foundation as well as destroy the attack. And they do it so often. Same is true with Smith too.

Williamson is probably comparable to Amala while Root lags behind him

I think the only batsmen who can challenge Virat in a few years is Root . Hes been playing some really good knocks . Hes not like Amla or williamson , hes got a few more gears than these guys and possibly we havent seen the best of him yet in ODI's .