Kumble-Kohli communication had stopped six months ago

Kumble has shrewd timing. He gives a statement while Virat is on a flight. Now 2-3 days have passed and all we have is Kumble's position on the matter. That is the kind of stuff that Kohli will have to deal with from the PR stand point. Or he could just say he doesn't give a darn and focus single minded on what goes on at the playground.

There r several things, Kohli gets along well with his team mates, n article says 10 members of the squad had problems with coach.if this was down to Kohlis attitude then Dhoni would have not survived so long despite being a non performer.

I think Kumble wanted to full authority n partly captain from the sidelines n not give Kohli freedom, , as per reports Kohli is a fitness freak n a hard worker nnvery committed n wanting to win so being lazy n a spoilt brat is a stupid assumption.

I had earlier stated that Kumble had shown dignity in the way he moved out.  On thinking this over, and re-reading his final statement as coach I see that he pretty much identified Kohli as the issue.  So now I'm not so sure.  I think as more news comes out we will see that possibly both guys being strong minded characters, neither was willing to compromise, and even Kumble hasn't covered himself in glory.

3 hours ago, NameGoesHere said:

I had earlier stated that Kumble had shown dignity in the way he moved out.  On thinking this over, and re-reading his final statement as coach I see that he pretty much identified Kohli as the issue.  So now I'm not so sure.  I think as more news comes out we will see that possibly both guys being strong minded characters, neither was willing to compromise, and even Kumble hasn't covered himself in glory.

Re-read kumble's letter. Do not find anything disgraceful. He obviously has to write reason for resigning. He has done it gracefully.

I mustered courage to watch some TV debates on Indian channels earlier...most BCCI reps are giving it a spin to defend Kohli and treading carefully on Kumble by not directly blaming him where as the other experts and public sentiment from what I saw is hugely in favor of Kumble.

Interesting next few days

The cracks appeared to surface during the Champions Trophy when some protocol implemented by Kumble during his reign as coach were not followed by the players. "There were some rules he (Kumble) had put in place from his first tour as coach in the West Indies last year, which were ignored during the Champions Trophy," a source disclosed

Remember Kumble's rule about injured player not getting back directly after it without playing... Don't remember ....something along the lines.Looks like it was not followed and Ashwin was played by Captain against the will of Anil kumble. First Kuldeep selection and now favour in Ashwin's non selection.Anil Kumble was such a great addition( making right calls) and Kohli such a sucker to his buddies.

16 minutes ago, Pollack said:

The cracks appeared to surface during the Champions Trophy when some protocol implemented by Kumble during his reign as coach were not followed by the players. "There were some rules he (Kumble) had put in place from his first tour as coach in the West Indies last year, which were ignored during the Champions Trophy," a source disclosed

Remember Kumble's rule about injured player not getting back directly after it without playing... Don't remember ....something along the lines.Looks like it was not followed and Ashwin was played by Captain against the will of Anil kumble. First Kuldeep selection and now favour in Ashwin's non selection.Anil Kumble was such a great addition( making right calls) and Kohli such a sucker to his buddies.

If what you are stating is true then Kohli has to go. He is too arrogant.

In NFL if you dont practise by Thursday you dont get to play on Sunday. Kumble is right.

7 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Who knows what's happening 

maybe kohli wanted to axe dhoni but Kumble would not let him loool 

we really have have no idea why the relationship soured to this extent 

Send this to any of the news channel, they will be very happy to run it for you.

Kohli was literally running to Dhoni for help on field in CT, We might even not reached finals if not.

It was Kumble who wanted youngsters in team :D 

4 hours ago, NameGoesHere said:

Kumble's tenure was anyway over. He only had 1 year contract. So, he had to go out, but he played his cards well with resignation letter to get the sympathy. You think Kohli is not a disciplined and dedicated cricketer?

Edited by rkt.india
4 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Nice dribble of nonsense

then please make sense yourself!

I dont believe their issues were cricket related and because Kumble is a hard task master. Because Kohli is one of the hardest working cricketer in the world. His diet, his passion for fitness are immaculate. He has given up on Punjabi food for years. There was something else between the two, something personal.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

then please make sense yourself!

I dont believe their issues were cricket related and because Kumble is a hard task master. Because Kohli is one of the hardest working cricketer in the world. His diet, his passion for fitness are immaculate. He has given up on Punjabi food for years. There was something else between the two, something personal.

Lol. You are sounding as if they were fighting over a girl.