We need to create backups for Hardik Pandya in LOIs, to cover for his injury

Krunal should not be a back up option, but should be in the first XI at #6. He is a like-for-like replacement of Yuvraj, a big hitting left handed batsman that can pitch in with his left arm spin as 5th bowler combined with his brother Hardik. 

Having Krunal at 6 & Hardik at 7 will balance out Team India so much in the ODI format. Both can provide the much needed firepower we need in the lower order and both can contribute together as the 5th bowler. 

Hardik & Krunal should be used just as England use Stokes and Moeen; 2 big hitting batting all rounders batting in the top 7. 

4 hours ago, Sidhoni said:

I think you meant Kohli

The rot was set with Dhoni who was horrible never ever gave chances to any player on sidelines, same team regardless his CsK n rhiti henchmen, disgusting, n I'll be honest Kohli is maybe going the wrong path as well, any team game or squad should be progressing evolving to keep a higher standard n that happens with competition for places, building bench n trying out ur options.

Kohli is too scared to drop Dhoni n selectors are equally embiciles to be blamed, he is like an elephant in the room.

Same with Yuvi, even stalwarts like Dravid, Dada have reiterated the same thing in a diplomatic manner, but Kohli is to focussed on loyalty n friendship, he has to be a professional n think, is Dhoni good enough now, same with Yuvi n how the hell will they even work in 2019 when they cannot move this feet, take singles or play decent innings currently. 

We for the first time have brilliant talent waiting in the wings, guys like Sarfaraz, Pandey, Agarwal, K Yadav, Shankar, Gopal, Avesh, Nathu, let them boys be inducted in T20 sides n slowly phase them in ODi side.

Kohli needs to be a professional n take right decisions n not follow Dhoni who was horrible, his record is fantastic but he needs to grow as a odi Skipper n a planner n visionary like Dada.

2 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

That shankar is not even in selectors radar... What are we making here fantasy team that will play in moon:cantstop:

Shankar was always on the selector' s radar.He was there in all the A teams.He was selected for the Australian A series, but as he was injured, Pandya was selected & he impressed the selectors with his all-round performance.

Now Shankar is in the A team squad for the SA series

1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

@express bowling i like your dedication :hysterical: , but i dont think team or bcci are that bothered about it 

Krunal Pandya, Vijay Shankar and Axar Patel are all part of the 50-over A team touring South Africa.

Proving that the selectors are considering them for ODIs and preparing them.

My OP points out the need to include some of these players in our ODI side earlier than other types of players in the A team.

Edited by express bowling
16 hours ago, Tibarn said:

Is Shankar's pace up to mark?

Shud be able to give u 5+ overs and on some days and in some conditions may be even 10 .......we shud look at him as 6th bowling option nothing more then that 

He looks a solid batsman who can provide that solidity and can accelerate when needed. 

As 6th bowler he is a decent bowler with decent enough pace needed for that role

Edited by Ankit_sharma03