Pakistan fast bowling factory

1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Oh yes I forgot about that. Around 3 years maybe. Then again he made his debut in 2004. I wouldn't be surprised if Shami was atleast 5+ years older than stated. No way was he 23 on debut. 

Shami is easily 30 plus according to me.

50 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

he bowled quicker not because of his age but change in his running approach. 

But, question is ...  is it possible to bowl 135 k to 147 k whole day at age 35 / 36  no matter how optimized the bowling run up and action are  ?   (  unless a bowler was much quicker than that earlier and this is the reduced speed ... which is not the case with Shami  )

53 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Shami looks much older than his official age.  

But he has bowled at his quickest in the last 2 years  (   bowling 135 k to 145 k / 147 k  throughout the day in tests barring the first 2 SA  tests  ).  If he really were 5 years older than his claim ... would this have been possible  ?

I'd say he's around 32/33 now. Also I don't  think he has played a whole lot of cricket across formats in the last 3 years. Mostly tests. So he hasn't clocked a lot of miles I guess. But he sure does get injured quite a bit . As rkt said, Shami modified his run up, based on Akhtar s advice, and he gives it his all. Doesn't hold back . I don't think he"ll be around by this time next year though .

I don't think RP was much older. He looked very young. Maybe a year or so. But I definitely think PK was around 7 years older. No way was he 21 when he played the CB series in OZ. More like 28. Heck im 28 now and I look much younger than he did then :)))

15 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

But he sure does get injured quite a bit .

Shami injured his left knee during the Australian test series in December 2014.  But, he kept on playing or was told to keep on playing till March 2015 till the World Cup while taking cortisone injections, as he was considered our key ODI pacer those days.

I think this aggravated his knee injury a lot more than necessary...  and has made this a chronic issue.  Shami has not suffered from any other major injury.

So, this prone-to-injury state of his might be more due to a poor decision of playing on / delaying surgery  then an age related issue.

As rkt said, Shami modified his run up, based on Akhtar s advice, and he gives it his all. Doesn't hold back .

Shami shortened his run-up steps as per Akhter's advice.  This has perhaps aided his bowling speed consistency a bit by improving his rhythm  ...  but has had a greater effect on his bounce ... as he is able to stay more erect at the point of delivery.

Edited by express bowling
19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

But, question is ...  is it possible to bowl 135 k to 147 k whole day at age 35 / 36  no matter how optimized the bowling run up and action are  ?   (  unless a bowler was much quicker than that earlier and this is the reduced speed ... which is not the case with Shami  )

shami's official  age is 28 now, 26, two years back, so, if his age was 5-6 less in official docs then he was 31-32 in 2016-17. it is possible at 31-32 to do that.

24 minutes ago, express bowling said:

If it is a 5 year difference then he would be 33.

yeah around 33-34, but we all are just guessing. He may actually be 28 who knows, but i had seen one of his recent interviews on TV after the scandal.  he had quite a grey beard. grey beard at 28 is high unlikely.

2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Oh yes I forgot about that. Around 3 years maybe. Then again he made his debut in 2004. I wouldn't be surprised if Shami was atleast 5+ years older than stated. No way was he 23 on debut. 

Bro, I am 39. And I cant believe Dhoni is younger than me. He could still be older than me. @velu Do I look older than Dhoni ( ps - be very careful of ur answer :hitler:

Shami looks older, but I think he could be 32ish. 

Shaheen though, is just way too tall and because of his height he may look older. Somehow, I dont believe he is faking his age too much, neither is Bumrah or Umesh or Bhuvneshwar.

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Bro, I am 39. And I cant believe Dhoni is younger than me. He could still be older than me. @velu Do I look older than Dhoni ( ps - be very careful of ur answer :hitler:

Shaheen though, is just way too tall and because of his height he may look older. Somehow, I dont believe he is faking his age too much, neither is Bumrah or Umesh or Bhuvneshwar.

dhoni look 27 if he shaves his grey beard :phehe:

you can pass as 35 if you reduce your beer tummy 

Edited by velu
2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Yep . I don't believe that bumrah, Umesh or bhuvi have fudged their age and I think Shaheen too is quite young if not exactly 18. And yes Shami looks 32-33 to me too like I mentioned earlier in this thread .

I think India have a balanced attack now with the arrival of Pandya, and Bumrah. Kumar is a good swinger and two good spinners really lend balanced to this attack to go with a fine batting line up. 

Pak have been losing their best to scandals but they are now back in shape. They have a long supply of fast bowlers in 

Amir, Hasan Ali, Usman Shinwari, Rumman Raees, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Junaid Khan, Muhammad Irfan (still good in T20s) and Faheem Ashraf the all rounder gives them the same balance that Pandya gives to India. 

Their spin attack is very good in Shadab, Hafeez (allowed back), Muhammad Nawaz (all rounder), Haris Sohail (part time all rounder), Imad Wasim and Shoaib Malik. 

Plenty of bowling options. No wonder if India is leading the ODIs and Pak is leading T20s. Two top teams with balanced attacks but India has the edge in batting. 

India has the edge in bowling and I will tell you why. First of all, I am surprised that most of the people over here rate Pakistani bowling attack slightly above India. 

Simple fact is, that India is still not playing their best attack. Apart from Bumrah, Bhuvneswar and Umesh, we still have a C string bowlers. 

The other thing is, at times bowlers like Hassan Ali and Amir could perform well. However, these are not mentally sharp bowlers and they are still young in international cricket. Give them time to perform. Whereas, bowlers like Bumrah and Bhuvi are sharp mentally. In similar lines like Wasim, Waqar or Mcgrath used to be. They may not be performing at that level now, but you will see that with time they will keep improving. These are hungry bowlers, unlike the bowlers of the past. 

Already the Indian bowlers are consistently faster than the Pakistani bowlers. And in time you will see that the performance too will consistently be better.

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

India has the edge in bowling and I will tell you why. First of all, I am surprised that most of the people over here rate Pakistani bowling attack slightly above India. 

Simple fact is, that India is still not playing their best attack. Apart from Bumrah, Bhuvneswar and Umesh, we still have a C string bowlers. 

The other thing is, at times bowlers like Hassan Ali and Amir could perform well. However, these are not mentally sharp bowlers and they are still young in international cricket. Give them time to perform. Whereas, bowlers like Bumrah and Bhuvi are sharp mentally. In similar lines like Wasim, Waqar or Mcgrath used to be. They may not be performing at that level now, but you will see that with time they will keep improving. These are hungry bowlers, unlike the bowlers of the past. 

Already the Indian bowlers are consistently faster than the Pakistani bowlers. And in time you will see that the performance too will consistently be better.

Also Pakistani bowlers have caught the old Indian disease and are slowing down now after the initial burst.Look at Amir and Hasan now.

Also Pakistani bowlers have caught the old Indian disease and are slowing down now after the initial burst.Look at Amir and Hasan now.

Hasan bowling very fast in PSL..clocking 148kph. These guys have cleary been ordered to concentrate on line & length rather than speed when playing for Pak under the guide of Azhar Mahmood.[mention=14777]Rightarmfast[/mention]

better not to assess anything based on t20 speeds.

Many bowlers hit 150 in t20, its 4 overs. 

ODI and Tests mean you have standard LOI and Test bowling speeds. 

True but he has shown he can still bowl quick when given the freedom.
Just now, cric_fan said:

True but he has shown he can still bowl quick when given the freedom.

4 overs is down to an initial burst in an ODI game or a sussing initial part of spell in a test morning. Its just that professional cricketers can go 150% for those 4 overs knowing fully well they do not need to bowl or field after that. does not workout similarly in actual games ( ODI and Tests - t20 are games for batsmen )