Twitterati unimpressed with Shardul Thakur wearing jersey number 10

velu

On 02/09/2017 at 6:56 AM, Temujin Khaghan said:

Iam not a SRT fan

But I demand BCCI retire #10 jersey for Indian ODI colours permanently in honour of Sachin Tendulkar!!!

P.S: After reading the OP, I immediately wrote the above comment and surprised to find, many people began with "I am not Sachin Fan" WTF!!!!

Is everyone ashamed of calling themselves a Sachinist?

Everyone is scared of feeling the wrath of rasgulla lol

13 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Don’t agree with retiring jerseys . As actually makes guy who worn it forgotten 

better to always see the nunber worn and then people comment who wore it before and remember the guy . Retire jersey and all forgoton 

No one will forget 10dulkar

I don't mind Jersey #10 to be retired forever. But having said this, retiring a jersey is especially relevant for those people who have died playing cricket like Hughes. That was done immediately. 

Problem is if more and more people want their jersey's retired, we won't have enough of numbers left ;-)

6 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

I don't mind Jersey #10 to be retired forever. But having said this, retiring a jersey is especially relevant for those people who have died playing cricket like Hughes. That was done immediately. 

Problem is if more and more people want their jersey's retired, we won't have enough of numbers left ;-)

No problem for Rohit...he can use “x” on his jersey...already people identify him as the X factor :aha:

1 hour ago, sarcastic said:

that is incorrect, numbers are the most numerous and abundant, basically they are till infinity so we will always have enough numbers. for instance shradul can get 364752 as his jersy number now.

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

that is incorrect, numbers are the most numerous and abundant, basically they are till infinity so we will always have enough numbers. for instance shradul can get 364752 as his jersy number now.

:p: Well offcourse I know that..>> But Shardul or for that matter any good player representing their country would not want a huge number on his jersey. Majority of players will not even want a three digit ( exception being 800 for Murali becoz it is so special for him). But it is very rare that any player will want big numbers even if they are available... A number is a code tag that immediately makes us remember the athlete in an instant. That is the reason why we have numbers in the first place. 

As I said earlier, I do not think it is a bad idea that number 10 is retired. But there has to be some sort of exceptional situation to do that in any particular case. Jersey retirement must be reserved for exceptional situations.  

10 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Pile of rubbish, why retire the number.

Cos , Sachin wore it.Gods Cloths cant be for mortals. End of discussion.  :whack3:

Seriously, that 10 number is far too heavy for any Indian player. No Indian player, specially batsmen will even wish to take that amount of pressure. And hence, a bowler was given that responsibility. But Sharadul would have soon realised what number 10 means on Indian Internationals jersey.

LOL, People coming all sort of argument like Sachin has to die hit by ball on the pitch for jersey to retire. Indian team should not have a opener.

If you want to pass it on then get a 16 year old Indian kid, Find/create a team of calibre of of bowling attack consisting Imran, Wasim, Waqar, Quadir  Take him to a away trip with a Indian team and ask him to get a MoM performance against them. The player has to be so committed for India that he has to forget his family and be available every game  for next 25 years. Till then, dont just demean the value and aura Sachin has created.

Bottom line is.

Sachin fans wants it. Thats that.:bow: Jersey has gained a status and we dont want that no.10 jersey to disrespected if wore by someone who isnt anywhere near morally ethically and cricketing calibbre.

Edited by mishra