Congratulations to Pakistan for return of international cricket in Pakistan

Trichromatic

“I send both teams and the PCB the very best wishes from the whole cricket family for a competitive series that the passionate fans in Pakistan can enjoy," said the ICC chairman

The ICC Chairman has today welcomed the return of international cricket to Pakistan ahead of the Independence Cup taking place in Lahore this week.

Mr Shashank Manohar said: “This is a good day for world cricket as the PCB hosts a World XI in Lahore for three T20 International games. It has been a long and tough journey as the PCB, Pakistan players and fans have been starved of the opportunity to stage, play and watch international cricket in their own country. I am hopeful that today marks the start of the safe and steady return of international cricket to Pakistan.

“The ability of Pakistan to play international cricket at home is crucial to the long term health of the game in Pakistan and one of the main reasons why the ICC established the Pakistan Task Force under the leadership of Giles Clarke, to explore, in partnership with the PCB, how we can get international cricket back to Pakistan safely and on a regular basis.

“I send both teams and the PCB the very best wishes from the whole cricket family for a competitive series that the passionate fans in Pakistan can enjoy. I sincerely hope that this week’s games mark the start of a steady flow of international cricket to this great cricket nation.”

https://www.icc-cricket.com/media-releases/470433

Congratulations to the Pakistani brothers on return of Intl Cricket in their country after a decade Long Yearning. Hope that you are able to provide a safe environment to the touring Cricketers and this brings allot of joy and happiness in your country, and also send out a strong message to the budding terrorists in your den.

Having said this, realistically, who will be the first touring Country to play a full tour in Pakistan? My take is Sri Lanka, their board has already expressed interest a few times in spite of being the primary victim of the attack, followed by Bangladesh and Zimbabwe since they have already toured once. 

Though I doubt Countries Like Australia, England, South Africa, West Indies will risk playing a full series in Pakistan yet. India playing in Pakistan is not even a debate. 

Pakistan should look to host PSL in Pakistan next and hope that foreign players agree to play there, which will be a big step forward after the Independence Cup Series. 

Kudos !!

Edited by Sean Bradley
Hope none of the foreign players get killed. Even if jihadis strike they will target only the visitors(excluding Amla and Tahir) as they showed in 2009. 

I know it must hurt you to see cricket being played in Pakistan..but stick to cricket..just for today.

Besides, terrorists kill Pakistanis too.

Shame for ICF

Say something about game

Pakistan 197 for 5

BABAR 55 BALL 86,Malik 20 ball 38,Shahjad 36.

T.Perera gone for 23 odd in his last over.

World xl need 198 to go 1/0 in 3 match t20 series.

Amla and Tamim opener

90-96 degree temp. In Pakistan  at 8.30 pm

Pakistan beat world xl by 20 runs

Sammy should sends early as his efforts were Praiseworthy

16 ball 28 not out under terrible heat :3 sixes in vain.

177 for 7

Lost by 20 runs

World xl starts well but great bowling by Shadab,sohail and Raees took 2 wickets each

Edited by Wapas
7 hours ago, cric_fan said:

Thanks!

Probably just a one-off series tbh.

Don't be so certain. Having players from NZ, AUS, SA tour the country (let's cross out finger and hope nothing bad happens) will ensure some faith in the security provided by PCB. This will certainly make Lankan and Bangla cricket board send teams to your country for half/full tour. First baby step completed and PCB is doing a good job at it.