Iyer, Pant to lead IND A in New Zealand A one-dayers

Mosher

Shubman Gill to miss start of New Zealand A one-dayers

Shubman Gill, the 18-year old Punjab batsman, who earned a maiden India A call-up on Sunday, has been ruled out of the first three one-dayers against New Zealand A because of a side strain.

Gill, who was set to join the India A squad in Visakhapatnam on Wednesday, injured himself at a training session in Mohali prior to joining Punjab's pre-season camp, ahead of their Ranji Trophy opener on October 6.

"I've been advised bed rest for a week after which there will be a fitness assessment," Gill, for whom this was also a maiden call-up to Punjab's Ranji side, told ESPNcricinfo. "I'm trying to get fit soon. Hopefully I can play the fourth and fifth one-dayers."

Link -http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20903654/shubman-gill-miss-start-new-zealand-one-dayers

On 10/2/2017 at 2:43 PM, tweaker said:

Vijay Shankar is selected for the full series

indicates that they are trying this guy out well and if shankar perfroms he has good chances to come into the national side at some stage.

i beleive he is too good as a batsman and if he bowls even a lil , he can be picked in australian and african trips.

On October 3, 2017 at 12:41 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Shubman Gill to miss start of New Zealand A one-dayers

Shubman Gill, the 18-year old Punjab batsman, who earned a maiden India A call-up on Sunday, has been ruled out of the first three one-dayers against New Zealand A because of a side strain.

Gill, who was set to join the India A squad in Visakhapatnam on Wednesday, injured himself at a training session in Mohali prior to joining Punjab's pre-season camp, ahead of their Ranji Trophy opener on October 6.

"I've been advised bed rest for a week after which there will be a fitness assessment," Gill, for whom this was also a maiden call-up to Punjab's Ranji side, told ESPNcricinfo. "I'm trying to get fit soon. Hopefully I can play the fourth and fifth one-dayers."

Link -http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20903654/shubman-gill-miss-start-new-zealand-one-dayers

Damn I wanted to see him play. I heard lot of good things about him.