Young Batsman Making Debut ODI - Kohli Captaincy Watch

If he is a puppet, then he doesn't deserve to be a captain. 

At the moment he is not showing us that aggression in his captaincy which we all thought will be unleashed once he became the captain, its seems (at least for me) that something is holding him back, playing two spinners on a bouncy track that too against Pakistan in champions trophy final is the proof!!!

What are you guys talking about. 

This guy has made Umesh Yadav our premier test bowler, unlike Dhoni who never believed in quick bowling and played so many trundlers. That's the reason,Kohli has the best test win ratio over all indian test captains combined as he nurtured and supported our pace bowlers. 

kohli got Kuldeep Yadav in the odi and T20 squad over Dhonis favourite Jadeja

kohli got Kedar Jadhav in, a guy who can rotate strike from ball 1 over Dhonis friend Rayadu And Yuvi

kohli has never dropped KL Rahul in the squad in order to build his confidence. 

Players like Rishabh debuted under Kohli and hopefully will be supported. 

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

I still has my doubts about kohli being full fleshed captain, don't think he is as aggressive off the field as he is on the field, he might be a puppet of some oldies in the team.

Well, Kohli most probably follows ketogenic diet or something close to it. So he will never be full fleshed in near future at least. :nice:

This guy has made Umesh Yadav our premier test bowler, unlike Dhoni who never believed in quick bowling and played so many trundlers. That's the reason,Kohli has the best test win ratio over all indian test captains combined as he nurtured and supported our pace bowlers. 

kohli got Kedar Jadhav in, a guy who can rotate strike from ball 1 over Dhonis friend Rayadu And Yuvi

Well he did played trundlers over real quick bowlers to hide his inability in wicket keeping
43 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

:phehe::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Umesh was constantly dropped in Tests and he was dropped after 4th ODI match bringing back Bumrah.. How will that help his confidence. 

Kuldeep played in last practice match where Dhoni was captain and he picked 6 wicks :giggle:which was televised on TV even after that he was not selected to Eng series after that. We all know about Aus series fallout with kumble and He made his debut under Rahane for final Test where he did well. 

Kedar debut was under Dhoni get your facts right Mr. Dilutional rahul :giggle:

Last time I checked KL was still sitting on bench even after winning last series and he was dropped in SL series in midway. Great way to boost confidence. 

Players like rishab pant was dropped after 1 T20I 

Nice try :drool:

This post is strictly about the ODI team and not T20 team, which OP and rest are talking about. 

People throwing theories with bullet points to show how many seniors Kohli tried should remember that Yuvi was part of BCCI regime and in the selectors’ scheme of things when Kohli took over all of sudden when Dhoni decided to quit captaincy. And this has been mentioned hundred times, yet people blame Kohli. Yuvi was not dropped but was injured and hence could not play more or else he would have played in the tournaments which Dhoni last captained. Check the timeline of his career when he was dropped, before coming up with theories. Don’t assume that people won’t remember. Lot of people remember facts so stop coming up with random things. 

Also, same people were mad that Kohli won’t drop yuvi and Kohli did. Yuvi and co are no where to be seen since west indies tour post chanpions trophy. After telling same fans million times to wait for the Champions trophy to be over when Kohli and coach will rebuild the team, people did not agree. You can already see we are rebuilding. Pandya and Pandey have taken over the middle order roles and are featuring regularly now. Raina, Yuvi, Mishra,  are no where to be seen.

Guys like KL Rahul have been told to fix your ODI form and fitness and compete with other younsters like Pandya and Pandey, which will only make our odi team stronger. We are already strong number 1 and just keep getting better. We have never thrashed Australia this bad like we did just now, 4-1. This is big even at home.  Team is gettinng ready for 2019, and its going to take some time. Things don’t happen over night that you get all youngsters you want.

Kohli isn’t perfect and will never be perfect just like any other great captain in the past. But we as supporters need to be considerate about the ODI team.  These aren’t like bugs and fixes in an app where manufacturer depends on user to find faults so they report and manufacturer can fix. Kohli and co know what they are doing and they know the standard of each player and what thy will offer in the ODI team.  They won 4-1 just now but will continue to play the best combination to get better and get ready for the 2019. That is what at the end of the day, we should also want, that team is getting ready for 2019. 

Kohli rested Jaddu, Yuvi, Ash. Credit to that.

He is good at backing bowlers. Credit to that(Allthough i personally view, he is now implementing Kumbles ideas/selections).

May be he will rest MSD the day he has learned art of captaining limited overs match.

Its his choice/selection of batsmen which is concerning

Even in Test matches, there are hardly any debuts...I think there in total only 4 debuts in more than 2.5 years...Karun Nair, Jayan Yadav, Pandya, Naman Ojha :phehe:...What the hell is happening?...I feel Dhoni is remote controlling him there also...Dhoni hai hai

Edited by Shunya
20 hours ago, Shunya said:

Even in Test matches, there are hardly any debuts...I think there in total only 4 debuts in more than 2.5 years...Karun Nair, Jayan Yadav, Pandya, Naman Ojha :phehe:...What the hell is happening?...I feel Dhoni is remote controlling him there also...Dhoni hai hai

Test team is more or less settled other than #6 spot for a proper batsman if Pandya isn't playing at that position. I can understand amount of players making debuts.  

22 hours ago, mishra said:

Kohli rested Jaddu, Yuvi, Ash. Credit to that.

He is good at backing bowlers. Credit to that(Allthough i personally view, he is now implementing Kumbles ideas/selections).

May be he will rest MSD the day he has learned art of captaining limited overs match.

Its his choice/selection of batsmen which is concerning

He is batsman himself and right now only superstar batsman, others are good but i wouldn't put them in World XI team. Where as new guys like Iyer and Pant have potential to become superstars.