If both are in peak form - would you pick Irfan Pathan vs Hardik Pandya ?

fineleg

28 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Irfan Pathan had a good technique along with power, he played fast bowlers pretty well, for me he was among the few good BATSMEN we had for overseas.

The way his career ended was a mystery , also sad was his career coincided with Dhonis captaincy and he destroys bowlers confidence, also injury and changes in his action took it's toll.

Think V Shankar can be a decent allrounder as well batting wise he is among the top batters in Domestic ,game wise, bowling is decent and can only improve, he can move the ball n gets bounce.

his bowling is not decent. he is faster than ganguly and robin singh but in terms of his abilities, he's about the same. he's more of a part-timer than a batting all rounder in tests. in ODIs, if he can bat at a sufficiently high gear, he can be a batting all rounder.

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

I will go with hardick, peak or not peak he is much better bowler then irfan, irfan used to relied on swing, grass etc. i mean he was thrashed by "lallus" like afridi and hafeez.

Its easy to trash Irfan after the fact.  Pandya will also have his days where he gets spanked.   He went for 10 RPO in yesterday's T20 IIRC.   We shouldn't be too judgy on bowlers for conceding runs in LOI cricket - the game is structured in favor of batsmen, and bowlers are liable to have their share of bad days.   

Thought just occured to me - for all the stereotyping of the vegetarian, dhoka faafda eating Gujjus - Gujarat has given us 2 of India's best pace bowling "allrounder" candidates.   Gujju boys!!  :p:

Its easy to trash Irfan after the fact.  Pandya will also have his days where he gets spanked.   He went for 10 RPO in yesterday's T20 IIRC.   We shouldn't be too judgy on bowlers for conceding runs in LOI cricket - the game is structured in favor of batsmen, and bowlers are liable to have their share of bad days.   

Thought just occured to me - for all the stereotyping of the vegetarian, dhoka faafda eating Gujjus - Gujarat has given us 2 of India's best pace bowling "allrounder" candidates.   Gujju boys!!  :p:

But don't you think pandya is more reliable and all condition type bowler then pathan??? pathan was a trundler, below average and almost useless on flat pattas where as pandya can crank it up to 145k when needed and has done well on pattas too (ct 2017 final vs pak).They both are gujjus but i dont think they are veggies,especially pathan.

37 minutes ago, speedheat said:

But don't you think pandya is more reliable and all condition type bowler then pathan??? pathan was a trundler, below average and almost useless on flat pattas where as pandya can crank it up to 145k when needed and has done well on pattas too (ct 2017 final vs pak).They both are gujjus but i dont think they are veggies,especially pathan.

You say that now.  Nobody thought of Pathan as a "trundler" after his first tour to Pakistan.   And for the first couple of years of his international career.  

Pak is not strong in batting, and can be kept quiet by bowling pacy short ones, which Pandya is good at.   If he bowls the same stuff to a Warner, Finch or AB/Faf, he may well get tonked.   He did go for a few runs against England at Eden IIRC.   

Pandya is a batsman who can bowl, he's going to have his share of trundlery thumpings.   I hope he doesn't, but lets see.  First 3-4 years of Pathan's career was quite decent.