Iyer and Siraj called up for T20s

Vk1

33 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Cricket is not all and always about stats my friend. Dhoni in the T20 team since 2007 and did absolutely nothing is a massive overstatement and something which only Laaloo can come with. :nice:

How it is an overstatement? Dhoni has done nothing as a T20 player since 2007 if you exclude last year where he tried to play like a T20 batsman should. Most of his T20I career, he had an SR hovering 110-115 and that is atrocious for a batsman who batted at 5-6. 

11 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

How it is an overstatement? Dhoni has done nothing as a T20 player since 2007 if you exclude last year where he tried to play like a T20 batsman should. Most of his T20I career, he had an SR hovering 110-115 and that is atrocious for a batsman who batted at 5-6. 

As I said...cricket is much more than stats. If you were a selector would you have dropped Dhoni in 2007-2012 period? Even though in that 5 years he won you 2 LOI WCs? What your excuse would have been?

BCCI always considered bilateral T20Is as a side kick up until recently and there was no way most marketable player from India at that time could have been dropped. Its very easy to write big stuffs in internet but ground reality is very different.

Dhoni now should retire from T20s...AGREED.

Edited by Austin 3:!6
3 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

As I said...cricket is much more than stats. If you were a selector would you have dropped Dhoni in 2007-2012 period? Even though in that 5 years he won you 2 LOI WCs? What your excuse would have been?

BCCI always considered bilateral T20Is as a side kick up until recently and there was no way most marketable player from India at that time could have been dropped. Its very easy to write big stuffs in internet but ground reality is very different.

Dhoni now should retire from T20s...AGREED.

no, but we can drop him now. I did not say we should have dropped him then though he did nothing as a batsman to justify his place. 

54 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

It doesn't work that way and sorry to say you are being clueless here. Dhoni (2005 - 2012) was an absolute beast of an ODI batsman. Yes he may not have the number to show in T20s (Internationals only) but he always had higher ceiling than the likes of Karthik, Parthiv etc. Top it up with the T20 WC win in 2007 and all the achievements in IPL, you simply cant drop a player of such calibre at his very peak. What did you expect selectors to do? Strip him from captaincy and drop from the team just after he won you the WC or drop him from the team when by far he is the most successful player in IPL? And replace with whom? Karthik? LOL

Cricket is not all and always about stats my friend. Dhoni in the T20 team since 2007 and did absolutely nothing is a massive overstatement and something which only Laaloo can come with. :nice:

spare me the dramatic. He has been the worst t20 batsman for us since the beginning. There are many others who also feel the same way. Sorry if truth hurts.

5 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

So basically no answer :laugh1:

Saha who is leagues ahead of Dhoni as a keeper has done much better in IPL as well....while Dhoni has dated Deepika,Saha has a IPL 100....so at times IPL becomes a benchmark and some times international??? Wah

:clap:

Tell me which captain has survived 3 first round wt20 exits???

Edited by maniac
9 minutes ago, maniac said:

Saha who is leagues ahead of Dhoni as a keeper has done much better in IPL as well....while Dhoni has dated Deepika Saha has a IPL 100....so at times IPL becomes a benchmark and some times international??? Wah

Dhoni has an IPL avg of 38 with a Strike rate of 137 and 17 fifties.

Saha avgs 25 in IPL with a strike rate 130, 6 fifties and a solitary hundred.

And Saha has done much better than Dhoni in IPL? :laugh:

Oh dear...you and Laaloo need to really take a break from these Dhoni mania and stop these big one liners which has no substance to back it.

Maybe try harder next time :nice:

48 minutes ago, maniac said:

Saha who is leagues ahead of Dhoni as a keeper has done much better in IPL as well....while Dhoni has dated Deepika,Saha has a IPL 100....so at times IPL becomes a benchmark and some times international??? Wah

Three first round exits? Damn that's so embarrassing especially in cricket where the number of good teams can be counted on half a hand. 

Most football managers would get sacked for one early tournament exit never mind three but hey Process > Results

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Dhoni has an IPL avg of 38 with a Strike rate of 137 and 17 fifties.

Saha avgs 25 in IPL with a strike rate 130, 6 fifties and a solitary hundred.

And Saha has done much better than Dhoni in IPL? :laugh:

Oh dear...you and Laaloo need to really take a break from these Dhoni mania and stop these big one liners which has no substance to back it.

Maybe try harder next time :nice:

Saha doesn't claim to be a T20 legend and he still has a 100 and that too in a final...don't believe I ever saw Saha do this in IPL

IMG_0152.JPG.681bc7eedf9d8fb9295dc5645d63e36f.JPG

Saha doesn't claim to be a T20 legend and he still has a 100 and that too in a final...don't believe I ever saw Saha do this in IPL

IMG_0152.JPG.681bc7eedf9d8fb9295dc5645d63e36f.JPG

Lol...when no response...put some random photos. No one is saying Saha claimed to be a T20 legend. But you said Saha has much better IPL record than MS which is factually wrong.

Atleast try to make sense sometimes

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Lol...when no response...put some random photos. No one is saying Saha claimed to be a T20 legend. But you said Saha has much better IPL record than MS which is factually wrong.

Atleast try to make sense sometimes emoji23.png

I said done much better because Saha is obviously the better keeper which we all can agree on and guess what when it mattered the most Saha stood up...the guy has almost 2 100s in IPL...opens the innings and sets up momentum...doesn't suck it....we all know Dhoni's stats are taken with a pinch of salt...Yes he can have an average of infinity for all i care.

2 hours ago, maniac said:
[mention=17963]Austin 3:!6[/mention] you didn't have a response for his 3 first round exits and constant sucking in Wt20s but you are stuck on Saha because you had a brainwave where you discovered Saha has a marginally lower sr than Dhoni and you want to focus on that :cantstop: boy so much to learn from Dhoni fans :hysterical:

Its you who made the bold statement that Saha has got much better IPL record than Dhoni and it got proved factually incorrect. Then you tried to deviate the topic with some random pics and bringing Deepika affair etal. Thats called desperation

Now lets talk about 3 T20 WC exists. Lets put ourselves in selectors shoe and lets be honest.

A) We all agree that Dhoni was an absolute beast of an ODI batsman in his peak years (2005 - 2012). But for some unexplicable reason he dont have the stats to show in international T20s. But because of his heroics in ODIs and IPL he was given a much longer rope in T20Is. Dhoni at his peak had a much higher ceiling as a batsman compared to Karthik/Patel/Saha etc. Its like Sehwag never delivered in ODIs but we persisted with him knowing his capabilities.

B) He lead his team to win the T20 WC in 2007. And then went on to win 1st ever ODI series in Aust in 2008. There was no way Dhoni could have been removed atleast till 2011 even though we flopped in 2 T20 WCs - 2009 and 2010.

C) I remember there were few murmurs after the 2010 T20 WC but he then went onto win the WC 11. Again, selectors could not remove him.

D) He went onto win 2010, 2011 version of IPL as well which only restore selectors trust.

E) We flopped in T20 WC in 2012 and before selectors could think of removing him...he went onto win the CT 13.

For BCCI and selectors at that time, ODI tournaments were much coveted and they didnt care about international T20s. There was no way Dhoni could have been removed as a batsman or as a captain on that period of 2007 - 2013.

Cricket is much more about stats and you simply dont dump a player of that caliber just bcoz you dont like someone...lol.

31 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Atleast try to make sense sometimes emoji23.png

He lived his life on this forum with nonsense like that. Do you seriously expect any sensible reply to that post ? Lol