What you do for living?

Trichromatic

2 minutes ago, velu said:

same here .. but now full tiem trading :dance::dance:

i like to code and hate team meetings and status meetings .. most of the work i did is timepass work only except some good work in a startup and some time in netapp

Do you trade manually or did you develop Algorithms?

27 minutes ago, maniac said:

Do you trade manually or did you develop Algorithms?

manual only ..

planning to automate the order execution part later if things go really well ..

algorithmic trading is illegal in india ..

but there are grey areas for retail .. like we can seperate the decision making part as a seperate module and order execution part  as different module and play with it ( good enough for retail traders  )

12 minutes ago, maniac said:

Just kidding....most people  in IT are in  for either the money or immigration...do you disagree?

I was just joking not personally against you 

I have the same opinion anway , we have too many misfits in IT . Guys who should be in creative , finance or media fields are stuck in IT and its too late before they realise . 

I was a misfit too , my interests have always been in economics and unfortunately I did well in school and back then if you score well you just had to take up science/engineering , ironically my dad was a banker and commerce was never an option for me . I hated BE (mech) , it was nothing like i imagined . My idea of doing CA after Eng got zero support .  once I started working . I moved from Unix - DB / Middleware support jobs and started coding few years back and lately into cloud / RPA etc . I have most things you can imagine in a 12 year career . As long as I can keep it interesting , I guess I will stick around . 

25 minutes ago, velu said:

same here .. but now full tiem trading :dance::dance:

i like to code and hate team meetings and status meetings .. most of the work i did is timepass work only except some good work in a startup and some time in netapp

My exposure to coding was very late , I love it though ..but unfortunately am at a stage of my career where they expect me to mange people / projects / solutioning its become increasingly difficlult to work on my coding skills and then you know with the time trading takes . I know I need to take a call very soon .

Hows going full time working for you ? Have you felt the pressure of not having that steady income ?

18 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

I have the same opinion anway , we have too many misfits in IT . Guys who should be in creative , finance or media fields are stuck in IT and its too late before they realise . 

I was a misfit too , my interests have always been in economics and unfortunately I did well in school and back then if you score well you just had to take up science/engineering , ironically my dad was a banker and commerce was never an option for me . I hated BE (mech) , it was nothing like i imagined . My idea of doing CA after Eng got zero support .  once I started working . I moved from Unix - DB / Middleware support jobs and started coding few years back and lately into cloud / RPA etc . I have most things you can imagine in a 12 year career . As long as I can keep it interesting , I guess I will stick around . 

My exposure to coding was very late , I love it though ..but unfortunately am at a stage of my career where they expect me to mange people / projects / solutioning its become increasingly difficlult to work on my coding skills and then you know with the time trading takes . I know I need to take a call very soon .

Hows going full time working for you ? Have you felt the pressure of not having that steady income ?

i did work 5/6 years in korea and 1 year in europe .. saved some money and invested it in my hometown ..

i can get 60/70k from my parenst per month if i want , this removes the pressure on me to earn ..

even when i was working , after i started trading i really never cared about the rating and other stuffs ..

main priority was trading and then comes the work :phehe:

1 hour ago, velu said:

i did work 5/6 years in korea and 1 year in europe .. saved some money and invested it in my hometown ..

i can get 60/70k from my parenst per month if i want , this removes the pressure on me to earn ..

even when i was working , after i started trading i really never cared about the rating and other stuffs ..

main priority was trading and then comes the work :phehe:

Thats good to know . I tend to do better at work when am trading well . lol Had a really good 2 years in this new company a double promotion means there is too much expectations from me now . I should have just stayed low profile :(

if I have another 3-4 of good years I could be atleast at VP level . I think the day they promote me again , I am going to quit . 

Edited by jusarrived

On 29/10/2017 at 1:44 PM, jusarrived said:

What did you hate about mech? :cantstop: What you thought it was and what it came to be actually?