Sachin Tendulkar v Virat Kohli - who is better ODI batsman?

Who is better ODI batsman?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better ODI batsman?

^ it can be also interpreted as despite peak years, Kohli cant capture the imagination of cricket crazy nation. 

You know the reason. Just check last game. Kohli wasn’t comfortable throughtout the inning. Edges, misses struggle. That too against like of mediocrity. And hence Kohli cant capture imagination. I dont want to stop my work just to see someone missing shots against mediocre bowler.m or just ordinary. I will rather just watch highlights 

I would pay to watch only two batsmen, Viv Richards and Kohli.

The beauty of Kohli is his ability to stick around even when he is not at his best. You may not be best everyday you go to work but still giving your best and being consistent is hall mark of greatness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank ye god that he dint get to face phelukwao, Pretorius and maharaja attack like Mr kohli had during SA odi series.kohli goes missing even on slightest bit of pressure. Atleast Sachin never went missing in ICC tournament against greatest of Pakistani attack. Where as kohli Sahab got out shamelessly and coz a most shameful defeat against Pakistani in the biggest of stage. As I said even past zim attack was better than what kohli is facing in this era of Odis.

Thank god we are not praising Kohli for scoring meaningless 98 like they did for Sachin in match against Pakistan in 2003 World Cup against aging Akram and Waqar who played their last matches.

Thank god we are not praising Kohli for never showing up in SENA countries like Sachin.

Thank god we are not living in era where we are praising Kohli for scoring runs against likes of Douglas Hondo .

Dude, Rohit(also Dhawan) has scored over Kohli in Australia and England??. What do you say for that?. Context matters a lot man. 

Context matters , Rohit is not some useless fellow , he is one of the best openers in history of Odi cricket. So him scoring should be held against Kohli what kind of logic is that?

Kohli has scored the toughest runs against best bowling attacks of both SA and England in tests where he emerged the best batsman from both sides.

He would do just fine and do better than Sachin against any attack and anywhere in world.

Sachin was nothing more than a steady eddy who amassed his stats due to his longevity.

18 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Kohli has scored the toughest runs against best bowling attacks of both SA and England in tests where he emerged the best batsman from both sides.

He would do just fine and do better than Sachin against any attack and anywhere in world.

Sachin was nothing more than a steady eddy who amassed his stats due to his longevity.

In SA he just score better than other indian player without impact. ABD was best player of the tournament. In Eng he scored against old anderson and faded broad as the most influntial bowler was young sam  curran. So what are you talking about best bowling. The best bowling which india played during entier sena tour was SA and Aus. We all know who scored most run in Aus even pant scored more than kohli.

38 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Thank god we are not praising Kohli for scoring meaningless 98 like they did for Sachin in match against Pakistan in 2003 World Cup against aging Akram and Waqar who played their last matches.

Thank god we are not praising Kohli for never showing up in SENA countries like Sachin.

Thank god we are not living in era where we are praising Kohli for scoring runs against likes of Douglas Hondo .

Lol I am enlightened today.  Don't know what to say.  

If that innings is meaningless then cricket is meaningless.

Edited by Nonbeliever
46 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Context matters , Rohit is not some useless fellow , he is one of the best openers in history of Odi cricket. So him scoring should be held against Kohli what kind of logic is that?

In your post, You compared SRT to Kohli in SENA countries, I'm saying there are other batsmen who are more than Kohli within the team itself who have done well outside india in england and australia.

The context is there are 2 batsmen from within the same team as Kohli who have contributed more than in him in not one but 3 ICC events, 2013 - england, 2015 - australia and 2017 - champions trophy.

There's a hole in your comparison. Based on your logic, If SRT isn't good enough so is Kohli in grand scheme of things when it comes to ICC events and in at-least 2 of the 4 SENA countries.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Thank God we are not calling Afridi an ODI legend while calling the Fab 4 over rated in Tests. Oh wait...

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

Kohli was shitting in his pants in his first series against eng. Where as sachin scored 100 in all Sena countries even before 20 years old. That guys is just spouting whatever comes to his mind.

If England attack is so mediocre  then why your Rahul  shitting in his pant twice  in every  match

52 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

In your post, You compared SRT to Kohli in SENA countries, I'm saying there are other batsmen who are more than Kohli within the team itself who have done well outside india in england and australia.

The context is there are 2 batsmen from within the same team as Kohli who have contributed more than in him in not one but 3 ICC events, 2013 - england, 2015 - australia and 2017 - champions trophy.

There's a hole in your comparison. Based on your logic, If SRT isn't good enough so is Kohli in grand scheme of things when it comes to ICC events and in at-least 2 of the 4 SENA countries.

ICC events have all teams so scoring against Namibia or Kenya does not make Sachin a greater batsman in SENA countries. Kohli is number 3 batsman and if his openers are doing the job how is it his fault. Since when ICC trophy scores are only thing which measures greatness of player.

He did his part in both win CT finals 2013 and 2011 world cup finals.Yes Kohli has to much better in ICC 50 over world cup as main batsman.He has excelled in T20 world cups and it is just matter of time he will make his mark in 50 over world cup too.

Timing of world cups has been bad for him so far, 2011 he was too young and 2015 he was coming off a long and tiring tour of Australia. Can anyone say Kohli buckles undre pressure of these world cups ????

30 minutes ago, Nonbeliever said:

World cup 1992. 8 centuries

1996..16 centuries In asia

1999..11 centuries in egland

Come 2015 and you saw 38 centuries in Australia.

This time it will cross 50.

It does not mean that bowling was greatest in 1992, all it means is scoring has evolved and batsmen have become more adapt in scoring fast.

43 minutes ago, Nonbeliever said:

World cup 1992. 8 centuries

1996..16 centuries In asia

1999..11 centuries in egland

Come 2015 and you saw 38 centuries in Australia.

This time it will cross 50.

1992 - sachin 0 total  8

1996 - sachin 2 total 16

1999 - sachin 1 total 11

2003 - sachin 1 total 21

2007 - sachiin 0 total 20

2011 - sachin 2 total 24

2015 - total 28

sachin too feasted in an era where centuries are more frequent than ever  :lol: 

Edited by velu

Some people have no clue, they talk like Sachin never had a bad series, any batsman can have bad series. What they do when they are in form matters the most. I will take Kohli over Sachin any day when in form anywhere against any attack.

Our great man Sachin looked clueless and was absent in many series over his 200 tests. 

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35320.html?class=1;orderby=batting_average;orderbyad=reverse;template=results;type=batting;view=series

Edited by putrevus
1 hour ago, raki05 said:

Kohli was shitting in his pants in his first series against eng. Where as sachin scored 100 in all Sena countries even before 20 years old. That guys is just spouting whatever comes to his mind.

typical mentality to discredit kohli & other players to make it sachin look better ..

sachins centuries in wc.. 

2 vs kenya

1 vs lanka

1 vs namibia

1 vs england

1 vs sa

1 minute ago, velu said:

typical mentality to discredit kohli & other players to make it sachin look better ..

sachins centuries in wc.. 

2 vs kenya

1 vs lanka

1 vs namibia

1 vs england

1 vs sa

A long time ago when commenting in SA, Harsha started to blow Tendulkar’s bugle during commentary. Said he does well in multi nation ICC tournaments. Pat Symcox replied - that could be because a lot of weak teams also play in such events :lollypop:

5 minutes ago, velu said:

1992 - sachin 0 total  8

1996 - sachin 2 total 14

1999 - sachin 1 total 11

2003 - sachin 1 total 21

2007 - sachiin 0 total 20

2011 - sachin 2 total 24

2015 - total 28

sachin too feasted in an era where centuries are more frequent than ever  :lol: 

Being a computer u are expected to be better at numbers.