India against Spin

The problem is it is easy to shut these Ind batsmen for runs ,even top players like Rohit and Dhawan. Almost no one manipulates spinners by playing sweeps, reverse sweeps etc. Look at Handscomb, he gets out to spinners but never gets stuck because of his range of strokes against them.Similarly Khawaja plays these reverse sweeps to disrupt the spinners.,

Yesterday Rohit blocked too many balls from Lyon as if it was a test.

The other issue is the players not even use their feet against the spinners, so overall this one dimensional and conventional batting lineup is so boring, that someone like Pant would have been good. Alas he ain't ready yet. 

I had hopes from Sarfaraz Khan but don't know where he disappeared.

this is the problem with the rotation policy of the team management. I mean, it seems they doesn't have a plan while doing the rotation policy .To be more precise  the requirement is  a set of batsmen  from which  top 6 + WK can be chosen with maximum left-right combo and for all conditions against all set of bowlers. Unfortunately that has not been the case as was evident in the last match. PLaying so poor against Zampa ...  

4 hours ago, SK_IH said:

The problem is it is easy to shut these Ind batsmen for runs ,even top players like Rohit and Dhawan. Almost no one manipulates spinners by playing sweeps, reverse sweeps etc. Look at Handscomb, he gets out to spinners but never gets stuck because of his range of strokes against them.Similarly Khawaja plays these reverse sweeps to disrupt the spinners.,

Yesterday Rohit blocked too many balls from Lyon as if it was a test.

The other issue is the players not even use their feet against the spinners, so overall this one dimensional and conventional batting lineup is so boring, that someone like Pant would have been good. Alas he ain't ready yet. 

I had hopes from Sarfaraz Khan but don't know where he disappeared.

Apparently Iyer is an excellent player of spin, from the Sehwag school of bashing. The more I think about it the more I am confused why Kohli got rid of him so quickly. Bizarre !!!! It seems these superstars don't want the youngsters like Iyer, Pant, Rahul, Gill to steal the thunder. All this chewtiyapa in selection and batting order is being done to keep the reputation of top 3 intact. 

@SK_IH @vvvslaxman @rtmohanlal @putrevus check this out, Australia vs India A match before the 2017 test series. Watch how Iyer manhandles Lyon and O Keefe....202* of 210 balls, kinda like that Sachin double for Mumbai against Australia before 1998 test series (same venue Brabourne, Mumbai). Even his FC strike rate is Sehwag like, 81.54 !!! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKpfCkOqaE4

SCORECARD

Edited by Gollum
4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@SK_IH @vvvslaxman @rtmohanlal check this out, Australia vs India A match before the 2017 test series. Watch how Iyer manhandles Lyon and O Keefe....202* of 210 balls, kinda like that Sachin double for Mumbai against Australia before 1998 test series (same venue Brabourne, Mumbai). Even his FC strike rate is Sehwag like, 81.54 !!! 

SCORECARD

its just pathetic how he has been treated by the TM. Imagine someone like washed up Raina was selected ahead of him for Eng series in the XI :rotfl: 

15 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@SK_IH @vvvslaxman @rtmohanlal check this out, Australia vs India A match before the 2017 test series. Watch how Iyer manhandles Lyon and O Keefe....202* of 210 balls, kinda like that Sachin double for Mumbai against Australia before 1998 test series (same venue Brabourne, Mumbai). Even his FC strike rate is Sehwag like, 81.54 !!! 

SCORECARD

that was flat pitch.  handling them on a flat pitch and then on a rank turner at Pune both are two completely different things.

18 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@SK_IH @vvvslaxman @rtmohanlal @putrevus check this out, Australia vs India A match before the 2017 test series. Watch how Iyer manhandles Lyon and O Keefe....202* of 210 balls, kinda like that Sachin double for Mumbai against Australia before 1998 test series (same venue Brabourne, Mumbai). Even his FC strike rate is Sehwag like, 81.54 !!! 

SCORECARD

considering the genetics , i love iyer  ..

my cricekt acumen says , iyer is poor mans pant ..

would pick pant ahead of iyer 

21 minutes ago, Gollum said:

SCORECARD

yeah... i have always had a grudge w.r.t how he was treated . Infact had created 1 or 2 threads w.r.t this

17 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

that was flat pitch.  handling them on a flat pitch and then on a rank turner at Pune both are two completely different things.

Bhai even ODIs are played on flat pitches. Just cited this example to show his game against spin and high SR, something we are missing in present middle order. 

Edited by Gollum
13 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

his main problem is handling genuine pace.  

As bad as Rayudu? How was Raina in his initial days, a conqueror of genuine pace?

Waise at #4 more often than not his task would be guiding the innings in middle overs at high tempo, especially against spin and medium pace....something that comes naturally to his playing style.  

Why was he dropped after 5 innings? Avg 42, SR 96+ in ODIs, similar stats in List A, consistent runs in domestic for the last few years, no ATGs to block the middle order spots.

Edited by Gollum
6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

As bad as Rayudu? How was Raina in his initial days, a conqueror of genuine pace?

Waise at #4 more often than not his task would be guiding the innings in middle overs at high tempo, especially against spin and medium pace....something that comes naturally to his playing style.  

Why was he dropped after 5 innings? Avg 42, SR 96+ in ODIs, similar stats in List A, consistent runs in domestic for the last few years, no ATGs to block the middle order spots.

i dont know why he was dropped.  probably, they wanted a more exp batsman.  I have been one of the biggest supporter of Iyer on this forum since his U19 days.