Kohli pick KL Rahul - so much for ICF conspiracies

12 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

You cant have one opener for green tracks and one for flat in Tests . its bad for VJ , Dhawan as well as KL who would need a settled partner at other end . 

we play 10-12 tests in a year and how do you expect VJ to be ready just for overseas tours ? 

Also , what exactly is the big gain of Dhawan scoring quickly on some of these flat pitches . Viru scored much faster , when most other batsmen scored ~45-50 SR and that made difference in some matches , these days most batsmen score at 55-65 SR on flat pitches and to make a difference to result even if one batsmen scores a 150 at 100 SR ( his overall SR is 65 not 80 btw) the team will get to a score of 500 may be at best ~8-10 overs before . I honestly dont see a point . 

Fully agree.

To add, if we have Pujara, Ashwin and Jadeja in XI and fill the other 8 spots with random Ranji performers we will still win majority of our subcontinent matches. It is overseas where we are struggling, and we need players who do well overseas in team not just home flat track bullies.

Vijay is indispensable to the team in terms of number of balls he faces shielding the middle order. There was a stat that he played the most number of balls in team during our combined SA/Eng/Nz/Aus last tour cycle. That was the main reason the middle order were able to score runs and compete.

Today is another example, the openers getting out early without facing much balls meant Kohli was in early facing the new ball and failed.

Why would you rest your favorites on green track unless there is a sinister motive. I hope Rahul also becomes a n00b like Pandya and proove Kohli that he is better than what Kohli thinks.

After the series more likely then not on basis of average, Kohli will go back to his favorites.

15 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Lol. Dhawan played ahead of Vijay and result hehe 17/3 :laugh:. Captain saheb and his buddy no 2 back in the pavilion with their bff Rohit. 

Wait till we hear from Sastri uncle...he will have an answer ready..

People commenting on Dhawan are just jealous that his manly mustache.

People commenting on Kohli are just jealous of his girlfriend.

People commenting on me are just jealous of my black label.

4 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Well done kohli on picking Raul and no doubt pressure from Mumbai mob and dhoni to pick someone else . 

Kohli great captaincy 

Mixing up formats. Rahul's spot in tests was never in danger. It's ODIs where he has lost his place.