India opt out of warm-up game ahead of SA Tests

New guy

6 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

why have tour games at all then if they feel the home team will not provide you with ideal conditions? why are england playing 4-5 tour games in the ashes? not only is this not right but they should have played 2 practice games.Our batsmen are  not ready AT ALL.Dhawan the hack is set to open,Kohli wont play any cricket for a month too,Rahul is injured and needs match practice.

how many games did England won after playing so many warmups? 

13 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

No amount of nets and training will replicate actual match practise on those pitches. Whose idea is this? The anti Dhoni brigade can’t even blame Dhoni this time!

Dhoni will get exposed in warmups. It's all for saving Dhoni. :agree:

27 minutes ago, Pollack said:

What kind of logic is this?

more warmups does not mean you are going to win. Neither less warmup means you are going to lose.  There is no correlation between the two. It is all about skills. We had two warmups in England 2011 and we lost 4-0. if you dont have skills, does not matter how many warmups you play.   This team is decent, not great and will have to play at their best to win in SA.

Edited by rkt.india
2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

how many games did England won after playing so many warmups? 

Ridiculous logic. If a team loses after net sessions. That means net sessions are useless. If a team loses after coaching, that means coaching is useless. If a team loses after picking 3 fast bowlers. We should never pick fast bowlers again

Weaker teams will lose. That doesn't mean tour games don't help acclimitize after a long travel

26 minutes ago, New guy said:

Ridiculous logic. If a team loses after net sessions. That means net sessions are useless. If a team loses after coaching, that means coaching is useless. If a team loses after picking 3 fast bowlers. We should never pick fast bowlers again

Weaker teams will lose. That doesn't mean tour games don't help acclimitize after a long travel

Yes, they do if you have not played in that country before. Most of the players have played there and knows the conditions well. anyway i am not against wamrup games, but my post was again overreaction against cancellation of a 2-day warmup against a club side which was not going to serve the purpose anyway.

tell me what is the purpose of a warmup? to get acclimatized to the pitches and win games.  England is not a weak team but they are still losing. Let Aus tour England and they will lose too, irrespective of how many warmups they play.  So, it is not about warmups but skills suiting those conditions. 

17 minutes ago, Artie said:

He is back on the park but I suspect he will not play initially. Probably needs more miles in the legs. But you never know. 

That's a big hit to SA's chances.  I think Morkel is the keystone for SA's bowling attack - he may not always get the wickets, but keeps the pressure going that results in the other bowlers reaping the rewards.   

Can't expect Steyn to just resume bowling at his usual ATG level right away either, that means a lot of pressure on young Rabada...

On 12/12/2017 at 3:35 AM, MCcricket said:

So many doubters n wrist slitters, Kohli knows what he is doing , and agree the game might be against LogRat 11 in his backyard, so decision taken.

In a 2 day match , one side will bat for 1 day. And you will get only 1 day . 

In that also i feel only 2-3 hours may be competitive cricket per day . second half  would be time pass bowling stuff. 

Frankly do not see any value add in these 2 day warm up on patta pitches 

On 12/13/2017 at 1:53 AM, sandeep said:

That's a big hit to SA's chances.  I think Morkel is the keystone for SA's bowling attack - he may not always get the wickets, but keeps the pressure going that results in the other bowlers reaping the rewards.   

Can't expect Steyn to just resume bowling at his usual ATG level right away either, that means a lot of pressure on young Rabada...

yes, morkel's role is always underrated