Navdeep Saini bowling with genuine pace now ( Fastest of 152.9 kph )

On 2/27/2019 at 6:27 PM, express bowling said:

Saini against Andhra today  ( as seen on Hotstar now )

1st over

2nd over

Touching 150k in first over...it means he was already warmed up. Avesh touched 147k a few times but is saini now fastest in India as of today by a country mile.

2 hours ago, Cricketics said:

If there is any surprise selection left for World Cup, I hope it is this guy now. And I hope he does well.

I hope t see Aaaron, Thampi and Saini rock this IPL. 

4th pacer is umesh yadav n saini is looking definitely better than umesh. So as far as I am concerned it's an easy selection.the consistent pace he is showing..it would be foolish not to pick him.

11 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

4th pacer is umesh yadav n saini is looking definitely better than umesh. So as far as I am concerned it's an easy selection.the consistent pace he is showing..it would be foolish not to pick him.

Exactly, he might struggle a bit in international cricket, but then who doesn't. Anyways, we will play other bowlers most likely ahead of him if doesn't perform right away for India, so no harm in having him in the squad.

Also, hoping he get picked to play in last few Odis vs Australia, even though the squad is announced, hoping they can always change the squad at a later date too.

Also we have couple of World Cup warm up games. Ample amount of time still left for Saini to have a. proper feel of playing for India. 

Just that people who matter the most - selectors, now need to make this important call and select this guy. 

He wasn’t bowling with this pace some 6 months back, I would say let’s not conclude this is his normal pace, we have been deceived by SMA trophy in the past, Khaleel bowling 147+ too & we thought wow here is a fast bowler & we know how that ended up.

I feel at times it’s the rhythm which is good for a particular bowler & which helps generate the extra pace. I would guard everyone to not go overboard with what we have seen with Saini’s pace, even though it’s promising, we can’t be certain until we see it consistently across formats..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, nsareen said:

He wasn’t bowling with this pace some 6 months back, I would say let’s not conclude this is his normal pace, we have been deceived by SMA trophy in the past, Khaleel bowling 147+ too & we thought wow here is a fast bowler & we know how that ended up.

I feel at times it’s the rhythm which is good for a particular bowler & which helps generate the extra pace. I would guard everyone to not go overboard with what we have seen with Saini’s pace, even though it’s promising, we can’t be certain until we see it consistently across formats..

Khaleel was flash in the pan. Saini has been in this thread for a long time as a test prospect. Other similar names Avesh and Ankit.

Khaleel was flash in the pan. Saini has been in this thread for a long time as a test prospect. Other similar names Avesh and Ankit.

He was always a good bowler but stayed around 140 for most part of his career which has been televised, this sudden bump in speed can be attributed to good rhythm, is what I’m debating, which might not always be there within a season too..