Navdeep Saini bowling with genuine pace now ( Fastest of 152.9 kph )

2 hours ago, nsareen said:

He was always a good bowler but stayed around 140 for most part of his career which has been televised, this sudden bump in speed can be attributed to good rhythm, is what I’m debating, which might not always be there within a season too..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He had hit 145kph in Ranji trophy so no surprise that he is hitting 150 in t20s. No bowler bowls same pace every game spell, so, variations will always be there. Khaleel loss of pace happened due to change in his action in an effort to swing the ball. He started bowling with straighter arm than slingy arm.

2 hours ago, nsareen said:

He was always a good bowler but stayed around 140 for most part of his career which has been televised, this sudden bump in speed can be attributed to good rhythm, is what I’m debating, which might not always be there within a season too..

he has hit 147 in the past. 150 are effort balls probably. but good 

But he is bowling 150 effortlessly.

Looking effortless is different from actual effortless dude! It’ll be wise to say he touched 150 & only in this tournament & only in t20s & only in first 2 overs... let’s not go overboard with what happens in ICF usually..

3 minutes ago, nsareen said:

Looking effortless is different from actual effortless dude! It’ll be wise to say he touched 150 & only in this tournament & only in t20s & only in first 2 overs... let’s not go overboard with what happens in ICF usually..

I didn't say he touched 150 in international cricket but he did touch 145 plus before in 4-day games, so, I have no doubt about his pace. I had not seen even Aaron and Yadav clocking 145+ in 4-day games. In their early days.

8 hours ago, nsareen said:

Saini's normal speed range is 135 k to 145 k. 

The fact that he can bowl 150 k is interesting

But I expect him to be 135 to 145 more often than not.  But even that is quite good.

Disappointment regarding speeds will arise only if he bowls slower than that.

Edited by express bowling
On 3/2/2019 at 2:13 PM, express bowling said:

Saini's normal speed range is 135 k to 145 k. 

The fact that he can bowl 150 k is interesting

But I expect him to be 135 to 145 more often than not.  But even that is quite good.

Disappointment regarding speeds will arise only if he bowls slower than that.

This could be his peak . It will be a loss if india does not give a chance  after wc atleast in tests and he should be one of the resrves in 50 overs as he always bowls wicket to wicket. 

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

A snorter by Saini hit the UP captain on the jaw ... and he could not take the field while his team was bowling.

Saini has developed a very good short ball in the last 18 months.

Condolence to the batsman, but Saini keeps on showing that he belongs to the international level. He has it in him to perform or at least get a chance to play for India.

Who really cares how he performs for India right away, its about developing these people who have fire to bowl fast for their team.

Saini has that. And playing for India, wearing that jersey might just make him more lethal. Experience is so vital, he needs that right away at international level. 

India is missing it big time but not paying attention towards him. 

On 3/1/2019 at 1:15 AM, Cricketics said:

Exactly, he might struggle a bit in international cricket, but then who doesn't. Anyways, we will play other bowlers most likely ahead of him if doesn't perform right away for India, so no harm in having him in the squad.

Also, hoping he get picked to play in last few Odis vs Australia, even though the squad is announced, hoping they can always change the squad at a later date too.

Also we have couple of World Cup warm up games. Ample amount of time still left for Saini to have a. proper feel of playing for India. 

Just that people who matter the most - selectors, now need to make this important call and select this guy. 

Any fast bowler who can beat umesh yadav should be picked.

Umesh yadav has very little brains and just has pace ..saini seems to be bowling faster than umesh as of today and he definitely has a bit of brains for sure. I think Siraj and saini both are better than umesh yadav and one of the two should be our fourth pacer.

I see only one spinner playing in England and v may need 3 pacer and hardik.

26 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Umesh yadav has very little brains and just has pace ..saini seems to be bowling faster than umesh as of today and he definitely has a bit of brains for sure. I think Siraj and saini both are better than umesh yadav and one of the two should be our fourth pacer.

I agree, enough games given to Umesh. Time for Saini. Though I will always have respect for Umesh because he did serve as our pioneer of fast bowling. He did push other guys around him to bowl fast, so for that we must give him credit.

Its just unfortunate that he isn't the most smartest bowlers out there to use his skills, but he always had weapons and still do, just not has used it correctly through out his career.

It's a shame because he had the talent and fire to stay fit and put his all is what I liked about him. He used to even throw himself on the field as a fast bowler, which not many from India used to do. Hence I keep calling him the pioneer of this new fast bowling culture.

Time for Saini and co now. 

5 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I agree, enough games given to Umesh. Time for Saini. Though I will always have respect for Umesh because he did serve as our pioneer of fast bowling. He did push other guys around him to bowl fast, so for that we must give him credit.

Its just unfortunate that he isn't the most smartest bowlers out there to use his skills, but he always had weapons and still do, just not has used it correctly through out his career.

It's a shame because he had the talent and fire to stay fit and put his all is what I liked about him. He used to even throw himself on the field as a fast bowler, which not many from India used to do. Hence I keep calling him the pioneer of this new fast bowling culture.

Time for Saini and co now. 

I was and even support Umesh today too but V can't close our eyes and shut our brain.

15 runs in last over..when bumrah gave 2 runs in second last over...10th batsman batting 4 Yorkers n 2 Yorkers on the 8th stump would have made india win.

The batsman had just come..fastish Yorkers go for 1 runs only...Umesh messes up.

See Praveen Kumar, Irfan..see Zak and even that average unlucky ishant with experience are using there brain.

I went to bat at 19th over and I had to hit from the first ball..the intelligent bowler knew that I am a batsman and did bowl at the seventh stump even when I was facing the first ball ...I could not reach to the ball n not score of it.

But I got the message loud and clear that bowler is not attacking my stumps.. I took off stump guard and he bowled at the stump which I nicked for a four..next ball again I was on off stump n ready to play at 7th stump ..I could reach the ball n score a 2.

Point I want to say is there was a Cricket with some brains going on..bowler was winning sometimes and some times I managed.

Umesh bowls at 143 to 145 with little bit of run up like bumrah ..so much of talent...why can't he use a bit of brain.

See that Vijay..his slow ball is 114k and his fast ball is 126k..still he won us a match and  is applying his brain..with practically zero talent as a medium pacer. Even he is beating umesh today..I am against Vijay shankar as his talent less bowling will be thrashed when v will need him the most but what is our highly talented umesh doing in bowling.

If u see umesh's batting ..one can come to know that umesh can bat better than ishant and even bhuvi..

But see bhuvi..he always scores runs. Shammi and umesh are more talented batsman than bhuvi but they don't apply themselves as batsman....I have given up on him.

Time for Siraj and Saini now. One of them should go to England as 4th pacer.

8 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Yes for Saini. Not yet for Siraj.