Justice for Rahul Campaign (JFRC)

Saha is one of the greatest pure keepers of all time. Now I haven't watched prime Healy but my dad reckons Saha is the greatest Indian keeper and the world's best since Bob Taylor. I trust my old man because he has watched a lot of cricket, doesn't get swayed easily by modern day so called superstars. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Saha is one of the greatest pure keepers of all time. Now I haven't watched prime Healy but my dad reckons Saha is the greatest Indian keeper and the world's best since Bob Taylor. I trust my old man because he has watched a lot of cricket, doesn't get swayed easily by modern day so called superstars. 

jack russell was pretty good too, although he was pretty ordinary when keeping against spin (not really his fault given quality of eng spin reserves). I saw peak Healey enough. Feel that Saha comfortably outclasses him against spinners, although I'd pick Healey for pacers.

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

I don't know what this means in test cricket. Saha doesn't play ODIs. He has done whatever is required from him as batsman. He has bailed us out in tough situation. Averages 35 ever since he became regular and has only improved his performance with bat.

Away tours just started.. Don't be fooled with that average. 

10 minutes ago, Vijy said:

that's true. saha reminds me of prasanna jaya from sl in some ways.

indian keeping standards qre quite low compared to the past, since the emphasis has shifted to batting. if the likes of pant kept on some of the pitches saha played on, they would have conceded over 15-20 runs in byes.

Pant isn't bad but also, as Gollum implied just after you, keeping to Sudan, Saini, Rana, Khejroliya, Shorey and Mishra on an Indore pitch is a different ballgame compared to keeping to international bowlers.

Edited by NameGoesHere
7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Frankly watching a game on a 50-60" inch screen in HD compared to 20" crt does help. Look at below its from 92 wc. Dhoni surly have picked a few things from previous keepers. 

Edited by jf1gp_1
4 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

Pant isn't bad but also, as Gollum implied just after you, keeping to Sudan, Saini, Rana, Khejroliya, Shorey and Mishra on an Indore pitch is a different ballgame compared to keeping to international bowlers.

I agree. I didn't say that Pant was bad though - just that the keeping standards have gone down (which is a fairly straightforward statement made by many I believe). of the above bowlers, only saini is (at the moment) close to that calibre and the pitch was a lot more docile indeed.

5 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I agree. I didn't say that Pant was bad though - just that the keeping standards have gone down (which is a fairly straightforward statement made by many I believe). of the above bowlers, only saini is (at the moment) close to that calibre and the pitch was a lot more docile indeed.

Yeah I got that.

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

in reality, apart from karthik for 2 tours and a few isolated instances, we've never had a keeper score 100s or even crucial match-winning 50s outside the SC. even dobby does not have 1 outside SC I think. even among the others, the few that exist are in WI which is a weak team. indian keepers have never been good enough batsmen to score 100s (forget about daddy 100s) in oz, sa and eng. we should be satisfied with what we have in saha - generally a safe keeper, and a decent bat at 7 or 8.

Saha is already a better Test batsman than dobby. We should be grateful for having him.  

11 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

So do we pick players of gut - feel ?

I never said pant should be picked...Saha is the Best option available for us unfortunately. I would take single legged Saha ahead of hype boy pant and his slogging.. He is nowhere near ready. No point trying to push a kid into a team just be dropped again. He did nothing for past year to get into the Team anyway.. His keeping is nowhere near INTL standards. It's was alright but nothing great..

Edited by Rasgulla
15 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Frankly watching a game on a 50-60" inch screen in HD compared to 20" crt does help. Look at below its from 92 wc. Dhoni surly have picked a few things from previous keepers. 

Nice video, I only knew More for that Javed Miandad scene in WC 1992 and the costly drop of Gooch in Lord's after which he added 300 runs. 

More was very good.  Not to derail the thread, and at the risk of remembering things in a more rosy light than they were, Sadanand Viswanath was a really really really natural keeper.  Lost both parents (father committed suicide) and then hedrunk himself out of the game.

Check this

Gavaskar himself reminisced in One Day Wonders: “People will talk about many other reasons why we won the World Championship of Cricket in 1985 but one of the main reasons was the presence of Sadanand Viswanath behind the stumps.”

20 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

More was very good.  Not to derail the thread, and at the risk of remembering things in a more rosy light than they were, Sadanand Viswanath was a really really really natural keeper.  Lost both parents (father committed suicide) and then hedrunk himself out of the game.

Check this

omg thats so sad

Vijay's total Score: 13+1=14

Dhawan's: 16+16= 32 (and he dropped a costly catch)

Vijay was accusing KL of being close friends with Kohli and, now he couldn't back it up when India needed him the most.

Dhawan was never cut out to be for overseas tours, he's not only costing us with his batting but with his unbearable fielding too. Missed out a run-out chance as well. 

Against consensus opinion Dhawan played the first test and KL Rahul was left out. I'm not here to cry over spilt milk as that does nobody any good but this error definitely needs to be rectified for the next test. KL Rahul right now is hot, with the limited and sporadic chances he's been given, he seems to perform more often than not. Sadly, this golden period will not last for ever and if he is continually disregarded by selectors, he will never reach his full potential. Why is that? Because when he is performing well, he will be doing many things correctly. But if these good habits are not rewarded by selection, he will over try and aim to improve his game further and that's where you can over complicate things. Also, we have a very lucrative t20 league, its very tempting for this disregarded youngster to say screw it, let me concentrate on IPL: if I do well, I make money and I may get selected for the national team. So then he adapts his game to t20, as that's what he's mostly playing and test cricket loses a high calibre KL Rahul forever. I feel the above is exactly what happened to Rohit Sharma. When he was young, he looked so good, but was never given a look in for tests. Year after year, IPL after IPL passed and what was the result? Inability to play the swinging ball, planting of front foot outside off stump and playing around the pad and playing pull shots off the front foot. All of this you can get away with in low quality cricket. But against a top quality pace attack on a fast wicket, you will be seriously exposed. I think Rohit is now beyond repair, his habits are now formed. Lets hope the same doesn't happen to KL Rahul. BCCI, time to put politics aside and do the right thing.