What if Rohit replaces Rahane in first test

1 minute ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

forget Rahane, if Rohit replaces hardik Pandya or if Shikar Dhawan enters the field along with Murli vijay when we bat, then I will start riots in the streets. 

Will wait for it. Do let me kno where you will start it

1 minute ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

forget Rahane, if Rohit replaces hardik Pandya or if Shikar Dhawan enters the field along with Murli vijay when we bat, then I will start riots in the streets

If you seriously say this, I want to follow the news of your riots on the streets because the former event is DEFINITELY going to happen. 

13 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

forget Rahane, if Rohit replaces hardik Pandya or if Shikar Dhawan enters the field along with Murli vijay when we bat, then I will start riots in the streets. 

too much man... As long as we are winning, everything goes... Kohli is the boss of this team and all players in the test team are happy with that including Rahul, Rahane and everyone who is on bench.

If indeed Boria is right, playing 5 bowlers is a must, so Pandya gets in. 

Rohit in place of Rahane, doesn't seem to be a terrible idea. It has more to do with Rahane's own failure than Rohit's success. Rahane has been in an atrocious form lately (averaged 3.4 in the last series, 29 since the NZ series). Granted he has a stellar record overseas, but it seems far fetched for a mentally 'feeble' guy like him to get to form right away in such a crucial match. Also the fact that Rohit has had a blockbuster year doesn't make it easier for Rahane to hold his place.  

All said, Rahane will get back in the side for the 2nd and 3rd tests, as the tracks will be greener and India will prefer 6 batsmen.

P.S.- I can make peace with Rohit playing in the middle order, but no way should dhawan be allowed to open!

7 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

If indeed Boria is right, playing 5 bowlers is a must, so Pandya gets in. 

Rohit in place of Rahane, doesn't seem to be a terrible idea. It has more to do with Rahane's own failure than Rohit's success. Rahane has been in an atrocious form lately (averaged 3.4 in the last series, 29 since the NZ series). Granted he has a stellar record overseas, but it seems far fetched for a mentally 'feeble' guy like him to get to form right away in such a crucial match. Also the fact that Rohit has had a blockbuster year doesn't make it easier for Rahane to hold his place.  

All said, Rahane will get back in the side for the 2nd and 3rd tests, as the tracks will be greener and India will prefer 6 batsmen.

P.S.- I can make peace with Rohit playing in the middle order, but no way should dhawan be allowed to open!

Rahane will warm the benches in this series as tracks will be flat. In tests, SA bowlers are superior than Indian bowlers. 

Just now, Jimmy Cliff said:

Boria is the only one who's suggesting that Rahane will be dropped. Cricinfo thinks Jadeja, Rahul :(( and Umesh are out with the only question mark being about the no. 6 slot with Rohit more likely to play if the surface is bowler friendly. I think Rahane will play tbh. 

Boria is trustworthy as he always has some inside information.

1 minute ago, jusarrived said:

First overseas test in SA after a long time with no practice games , its a no brainer to go with 6 batsmen ..even if its a flat pitch you will be up against bowlers who know the conditions well . why put this kind of pressure on your batting in the very first test ? 

What do you expect from this brainless management? I said it after June 18 2017, we now officially lag behind Pakistan in terms of tactics/strategy and team selection.