Whether Virat Kohli overtook Sachin as the test batsmen ??

velu

In tests , whether Virat Kohli surpassed Sachin as a batsmen ?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. In tests , whether Virat Kohli surpassed Sachin as a batsmen ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not there yet

There is a reason why the greatest batsmen never cracked 900 rating. He never was dominant thru out the series.He was steady eddy who got his runs once or twice in a series to maintain his average.This notion that that he faced and dominated better attacks is also not true.

His nostaligia was built on his odi exploits and Bradman's statement. This does not mean he was not a great batsman.

15 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Start praying that Virat Kohli does not score more runs so nobody writes anything about Virat and you guys can live peacefully in your Sachin nostalgia. Statistically he is going leaps and bound compared to Sachin which has already brought down the comparison to all hyperboles like "90s mein yeh hota tha, 90s mein woh hota tha, one man show, only 90s had good bowlers, impact of bhagwaanji was such that people would switch off TVs once he got out, etc" Good for melodrama and nostalgia but Indian cricket has moved on. As of now Virat Kohli is going beast mode playing all 3 formats and hence better than Sachin IMO. Kudos to him to rise to this level :hatsoff: 

All Sachin bhakts, me included will we overjoyed and dancing in the streets when Kohli overtakes SRTs numbers. What is there to fight about? we have had the privilege of having watched a prodigy like Sachin and are lucky to get a steely determined bat like Kohli.. enjoy them both, since they both wear the India flag on their hearts!

1 hour ago, Shunya said:

Most number of times 200 or more in a winning cause by an Indian. Next best is Dravid (5 times).

And to do it as captain, he is at top with 7 times. Next best for captains doing it is - Bradman & Ponting (6 times as captain)

ssssss.jpg.25737491f265a04e4ad0765ffdb5c0f6.jpg

TOI

Bradman tops the chart for most games with 200+ total match scores in winning cause in a test match. Kohli is inching towards Bradmanesque numbers in this regards as well. Only 5 more such games to go and he has played least number of games to breach these marks. :hatsoff: 

12 times - Bradman

10 times - Ponting

9 times - Sangakarra

8 times - Younis Khan

7 times - Virat Kohli

6 times - Greenidge, Kallis, Langer

5 times - Steve Smith, Amla, Dravid, Hammond, Inzimam

P.S - Sachin(2 times)

Source - Statsguru

Dude sachin has 0 MOMs in England for his last last 20 years of his career. Virat has 1 in his 2nd England tour itself. He is nothing but overhyped little man who made kiddos like Raki and kira believe boost is secret of his energy. :phehe:

10 minutes ago, kruiser said:

All Sachin bhakts, me included will we overjoyed and dancing in the streets when Kohli overtakes SRTs numbers. What is there to fight about? we have had the privilege of having watched a prodigy like Sachin and are lucky to get a steely determined bat like Kohli.. enjoy them both, since they both wear the India flag on their hearts!

:two_thumbs_up: I do not hate any Indian player be it Sachin or Dhoni or Kohli. I enjoy every cricket great. There is nothing to hate.

I guess everyone was Sachin fan in 90s, but most of them moved on starting 2000s  as we had other greats as well and now 2011s is completely different. Only some are stuck back in time saying everything that happened in 90s is greatest because Sachin played then. Thats just dumb and blind fanboyism. Kohli is too good right now. When you have to play equal number of extreme formats like T20s and Tests in an year makes it almost impossible to maintain the Gold standard everywhere. Hence someone like Kohli is very very hard to find. 

40 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Start praying that Virat Kohli does not score more runs so nobody writes anything about Virat and you guys can live peacefully in your Sachin nostalgia. Statistically he is going leaps and bound compared to Sachin which has already brought down the comparison to all hyperboles like "90s mein yeh hota tha, 90s mein woh hota tha, one man show, only 90s had good bowlers, impact of bhagwaanji was such that people would switch off TVs once he got out, etc" Good for melodrama and nostalgia but Indian cricket has moved on. As of now Virat Kohli is going beast mode playing all 3 formats and hence better than Sachin IMO. Kudos to him to rise to this level :hatsoff: 

Why would I prey kohli should not score he was s one man army in all format especially in odi ever since old legend retired. He is the only reason that deadweights like Budhau is hadn't still kickedout. Only thing is aisi badi badi batey ek chamchey k much se achhi Nahi lagti....:giggle:

Edited by raki05
10 minutes ago, Shunya said:

:two_thumbs_up: I do not hate any Indian player be it Sachin or Dhoni or Kohli. I enjoy every cricket great. There is nothing to hate.

I guess everyone was Sachin fan in 90s, but most of them moved on starting 2000s  as we had other greats as well and now 2011s is completely different. Only some are stuck back in time saying everything that happened in 90s is greatest because Sachin played then. Thats just dumb and blind fanboyism. Kohli is too good right now. When you have to play equal number of extreme formats like T20s and Tests in an year makes it almost impossible to maintain the Gold standard everywhere. Hence someone like Kohli is very very hard to find. 

:hysterical:

16 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Why would I prey kohli should not score he was s one man army in all format especially in odi ever since old legend retired. He is the only reason that deadweights like Budhau is hadn't still kickedout. Only thing is aisi badi badi batey ek chamchey k much se achhi Nahi lagti....:giggle:

12 minutes ago, raki05 said:

:hysterical:

Tum toh bhai Sachin ke chamche kehlani ke bhi layak nahi ho... Wat a great batsman he was, but all thats left is you defending him...

Kohli ne to le li hai sabki :aha: Bure din aanewale hai bhai tumhare... Time to admit Kohli is better. 

12 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Tum toh bhai Sachin ke chamche kehlani ke bhi layak nahi ho... Wat a great batsman he was, but all thats left is you defending him...

Kohli ne to le li hai sabki :aha: Bure din aanewale hai bhai tumhare... Time to admit Kohli is better. 

:hysterical:.....Matlab kohli k kandhey pe bandukh rakh k ladai Kar rahey ho Aur burry din mere aaney wale hai.....abey puja Archana Ka samy ho rha hai jai puja Karo pony god ki...kohli is in pnatheon of greats list like Sachin/ gavaskar/dravid/sehwag....tum ja ke dudh chadhao Baba k ling pe....24dhoni1.jpg.8a67c4358bbe5d0dfcc0a1d48b1d4f91.jpg

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

:hysterical:.....Matlab kohli k kandhey pe bandukh rakh k ladai Kar rahey ho Aur burry din mere aaney wale hai.....abey puja Archana Ka samy ho rha hai jai puja Karo pony god ki...kohli is in pnatheon of greats list like Sachin/ gavaskar/dravid/sehwag....tum ja ke dudh chadhao Baba k ling pe....24dhoni1.jpg.8a67c4358bbe5d0dfcc0a1d48b1d4f91.jpg

Sachin+Tendulkar+Virat+Kohli+India+v+Sri

Tendulkar has carried the burden of the nation for 21 years. It is time we carried him on our shoulders."
Virat Kohli 

:yay:

Edited by Laaloo
1 minute ago, raki05 said:

And who said he can't ,even Sachin would be happy if kohli surpass him. Just like Gavaskar was happy when an Indian broke his record for highest century.

So why are people getting worked up , he is already much better odi player than Sachin ever was , he was lagging in tests but in last 30 tests he pretty overtook Sachin there too.

He will never match Sachin final stats except odi hundreds, but it does not mean he is not better than Sachin.

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

So why are people getting worked up , he is already much better odi player than Sachin ever was , he was lagging in tests but in last 30 tests he pretty overtook Sachin there too.

He will never match Sachin final stats except odi hundreds, but it does not mean he is not better than Sachin.

Everyone is having their own opinion like you have yours. Why do u care so much abt others if you think he is better or other thinks he is not better how does it matter. What matters is Indian cricket is in right direction and we are producing one legend after another. 

2 hours ago, raki05 said:

Everyone is having their own opinion like you have yours. Why do u care so much abt others if you think he is better or other thinks he is not better how does it matter. What matters is Indian cricket is in right direction and we are producing one legend after another. 

I do undertand people have opinion and I am not there to change their opinions.I don't care if anyone thinks he is not better or not but what I find amusing is people are getting offended and using foul language when someone is saying Sachin is not best.