ICC U19 WC 2018 : India vs Pakistan (SemiFinals)

PBN

Have to say though Lot more of these u 19 players get into Pak team than Indian team...may be it is easy to break into the Pakistan squad I don’t know but watching the highlights from 2012 U19 wC, almost 80% of the pak team ended up

playing international cricket where as the only name I see there who even remotely came close is Sandeep Sharma

Gill is tall nd skinny.. Has all the ingredients of a virat kohli 2.0 In making. Builds innings like him.. Single doubles nd in boundary in between.. He is only 19 i guess, so can include power game as he matures nd get bulked up.. Lovely wrist..batting looks so sheen.

Edited by Amit228
6 minutes ago, maniac said:

Have to say though Lot more of these u 19 players get into Pak team than Indian team...may be it is easy to break into the Pakistan squad I don’t know but watching the highlights from 2012 U19 wC, almost 80% of the pak team ended up

playing international cricket where as the only name I see there who even remotely came close is Sandeep Sharma

Its similar to football in that the failure rate is pretty high at U-19 level, even those who excel in a tournament often don't make it.

U-21 level is a better gauge of talent but cricket not having it means the step up from U-19 to international level is often too large to make.