"I feel like it is my fault and it is killing me," says Mrs. Warner

Candice Warner thinks she wrecked her husband's emotional mindset.

On the one hand, I applaud her for trying to defend her husband, but holy crap ... is this how fragile the mighty Ozzie cricketers' mindset is?  After years of calling everyone else a mental midget, they have completely disintegrated.  Now their significant others are having to defend them in public and taking blame for their foibles.  

Let me tell you something, Mrs. Warner.  It is not your fault.  This was never about you.  It is Quinton deKock's fault for unnecessarily abusing an opponent's spouse.  But really, it is your husband's fault.  Completely and totally.  He was an integral part of a culture that encouraged such behavior for decades.  The tide turned and you got caught in the crossfire.  Now, hold your head high and tell your 32-yr old baby to quit whining.  

1 hour ago, Brainfade said:

Candice Warner thinks she wrecked her husband's emotional mindset.

On the one hand, I applaud her for trying to defend her husband, but holy crap ... is this how fragile the mighty Ozzie cricketers' mindset is?  After years of calling everyone else a mental midget, they have completely disintegrated.  Now their significant others are having to defend them in public and taking blame for their foibles.  

Let me tell you something, Mrs. Warner.  It is not your fault.  This was never about you.  It is Quinton deKock's fault for unnecessarily abusing an opponent's spouse.  But really, it is your husband's fault.  Completely and totally.  He was an integral part of a culture that encouraged such behavior for decades.  The tide turned and you got caught in the crossfire.  Now, hold your head high and tell your 32-yr old baby to quit whining.  

It is neither her or her husbands fault. It is Cricket Australias fault where they encouraged  bullying and trash talking. Now roosters are coming home to roost so modify your behavior from this point on.

It is well known throughout cricket and with journalists but not reported over the last few years of the disgusting remarks David Warner has been making about race, religion , sexuality and was only a matter of time before someone snapped and said the wrong thing which De Kock did . There is no room ever for that kind of remark on a cricket park.

Where Mrs Warner made herself  more of a target compared to any other cricket wife in that they were turning David Warner cricketer into Brand Warner which was including her .

Another thing I would have to question her judgment on was taking her children through the airport's home.

David Warner was working and sent home in disgrace by his employers , Mrs Warner was not there working but on  a holiday and in no way we're they on the tour as a couple . I personally felt it was very unfair for the two children to experience that " homecoming" 

1 hour ago, Tattieboy said:

It is well known throughout cricket and with journalists but not reported over the last few years of the disgusting remarks David Warner has been making about race, religion , sexuality and was only a matter of time before someone snapped and said the wrong thing which De Kock did . There is no room ever for that kind of remark on a cricket park.

Where Mrs Warner made herself  more of a target compared to any other cricket wife in that they were turning David Warner cricketer into Brand Warner which was including her .

Another thing I would have to question her judgment on was taking her children through the airport's home.

David Warner was working and sent home in disgrace by his employers , Mrs Warner was not there working but on  a holiday and in no way we're they on the tour as a couple . I personally felt it was very unfair for the two children to experience that " homecoming" 

Kids go where their parents go.   Can't blame them for travelling together.  

Some valid points about the Warners marketing themselves though.  

11 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Kids go where their parents go.   Can't blame them for travelling together.  

Some valid points about the Warners marketing themselves though.  

I know they do but I am sure it could have been arranged the kids and mother left by another entrance and not go through the media circus 

4 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

This is Cricket Australias fault. There is no way people were not aware of the abusive behavior of these jerks.

I agree about not making the kids go through the shame part.

As a wife , one should stand by the spouse and show support but kids should be kept away from the tamasha.

There is this whole new wave of branding and marketing of celebrity kids these dsys. While it is not easy to keep them away from the limelight , but using them blantantly without their consent ( as minors) is just crossing the line.

Kids deserve to be protected.