KL Rahul is the next batting superstar from Asia

He is Smith's heir, not Kohli's or Root's or KW's...KLR was born to dominate and not just be one among many leaders of the pack. He has the ability to enter the SRT-Viv-Sobers-Lara-Gavaskar category if given chances, only thing is I don't think Kohli will be comfortable with the idea of having to share dressing room with a much more talented and charismatic batsman than him. When peak Steyn saw a 19 year old Rahul (much before his debut) in IPL nets, he proclaimed that the kid would get 10000 test runs and become a batting legend, just based on bowling to him in the nets !!! And 2011-12 Steyn was a beast who had tussled with heavyweights like SRT, Dravid, Sanga, Ponting, KP etc...not someone who would get easily impressed and throw platitudes just like that. I started watching cricket in 1998-99  (seriously in 2000) and in all my years of watching youngster bats no one has caught my eye like KLR...may be KP but can't think of another God gifted, talented all round batsman within 1st 2 years of debut. Kohli is a far far inferior talent compared to KLR, had he been treated harshly like KLR his career would have been done and dusted in 2010-11 itself, let's not forget that. It is like Brazil having Neymar in the squad but not allowing him to start in a single game.... I can't remember another instance of such a freakish, awe inspiring talent being treated so badly to satiate the ego of a few mofos. Had Kumble been in the mix and taken charge for 3-4 more years I think Rahul would have ended as a contender for GOAT title, now under this evil reign I won't be surprised if his career is permanently over in 18 months time.

I have been following cricket from the 70s, those days it was radio commentary and Vishy was my favorite, but just read and heard about him, never had a chance to watch him play until he retired and played in some exhibitions later. Started watching cricket on TV from the 80s and to my mind Azhar, Yuvi and Rohit were the most talented and gifted stroke makers I have seen though there were other greats whose records speak for themselves about their greatness. These three though gifted were loose on their technique, stroke selection, temperament and character to succeed consistently at the top level, though we can say they were fairly successful going by their records, but not to my expectations.

KL is one up compared to them as he is the best of the lot, as he has a sound technique combined with style and talent. If at all there is something he needs to work on, it is his temperament in the long format. IMO No one including Rohit or Kohli is close to him as far as raw talent goes.

I hope they will let him blossom into a great I think he will be. 

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

KLR's 7 50s against Aus in 2017 IMO was among the top 5 greatest performances by any Indian batsman in a 3+ test series going all the way back to Hazare's time. And to think he has to struggle for a place in the XI today is a sick sick joke. 

But but but he didn't score 150's like Dhawan and Rohit did against SL, you know that series where SL lost 0-9.

Kohli is one of the most talented of all time, so is an de villiers. KL is exceptionally talented, sad that he hasn't got more opportunities than he's already had but hopefully from here on he can prove himself and secure a spot in all 3 formats.

I m totally in love with his technique and style...
These kind of players will make your interest in cricket alive...
No doubt we have to question the integrity of captain Kohli, Ravi shastri and others but Rahul himself didn't helped his cause by throwing the opportunities presented to him....
Shameless Mumbai lobby (Gavaskar) keep pushing for Mumbai players is sickening as well

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

What is his international records or contribution? What is his international rankings?  IPL standards cannot compare with international level. International bowlers will have more talent to bowl good length bowling continuously. Rahul is a talented batsmen no doubt but he needs to show his performances at international level continuously. He was In and Out of the national side. First he needs to cement his place in the national side otherwise he will be next batting superstar of IPL after Gayle. :cantstop:

23 minutes ago, Lala said:

What is his international records or contribution? What is his international rankings?  IPL standards cannot compare with international level. International bowlers will have more talent to bowl good length bowling continuously. Rahul is a talented batsmen no doubt but he needs to show his performances at international level continuously. He was In and Out of the national side. First he needs to cement his place in the national side otherwise he will be next batting superstar of IPL after Gayle. :cantstop:

1) 100 in all three formats.

2) Was top 10 Test batsman in ICC rankings. 

That's like more than what your players have achieved in their careers. 

48 minutes ago, Lala said:

Bowling and fielding in IPL is definitely better than that of WestIndies,SL and Zimbabwe..try to find what I mean here bro

2 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Bowling and fielding in IPL is definitely better than that of WestIndies,SL and Zimbabwe..try to find what I mean here bro

Its not all about above 3 countries bro. He will play better bowling like Pak,Aus,SA,Eng,NZ. Then he will lose his spot unless he played well :cantstop: IPL is kind of domestic league only 7 local players play with. This is kind of ranji trophy where there are lot of gaps to fill. you cannot compare league performances with international level. try to find what I mean here bro :cantstop:

3 hours ago, Lala said:

He got a 100 in his 2nd test match in Aus against Starc, Hazlewood, Johnson, Lyon.

Brutal 199 against Eng in Chennai.

Scored 100s in his 1st overseas series in WI, Lanka, Aus. Rohit Sharma has never scored a test 100 outside 1 ground in India, statistically is among the 5 worst batsmen from Asia to step foot outside Asia yet is a regular.

100s in all 3 formats, even Kohli doesn't have that stat. Moreover KLR has the highest avg+SR combo in international T20s, avg 46 and SR 147.

ATG series against Aus (home series 2017) where he got 7 50s in 8 innings played on difficult tracks against Starc, Hazlewood, Cummins, Lyon. The pitches were challenging, Aus was on fire, our main guns were either out of form or out of their depths or injured. We got smacked by 330 runs in Pune but thanks to a few gutsy players we managed to avoid an embarrassing home series loss, won 2-1. Kohli scored 46 runs in 3 tests, was made to look like a complete fool out there. KLR it seems played on different decks in that series, always at ease and unfettered, even Mighty Smith rode his luck on many occasions. 

All this in his 1st 2.5 years in international cricket and despite not being given a continuous run by the management. He has been constantly humiliated by Kohli-Shastri jugalbandi and made to serve chai biscuit to far inferior comedians who have no right to wear India jersey. He gets one match, plays well and then immediately is benched for the next 3 !!! How is it fair on any youngster to be given this sort of 3rd degree treatment. All our batting greats like Gavaskar, SRT, Dravid, Sehwag, Kohli, Laxman etc were given continuous runs in their formation years. SRT was never dropped for Devang Gandhi and Kohli was never dropped for Badrinath, Dravid was never dropped for Khurasiya...

Not just that Steyn predicted in 2011-12 that he would become a legend, just based on bowling to him in RCB nets. Viv in his commentary gig said that KLR already looked like a more accomplished bastsman than Kohli.....way back in 2016. Anyone who can judge talent sees greatness in Rahul. Not only does he have style and swagger, he is a well rounded batsman with wonderful technique. Some players you just see and immediately know they are special, KLR is one of those specimens.

Edited by Gollum
12 hours ago, Gollum said:

He got a 100 in his 2nd test match in Aus against Starc, Hazlewood, Johnson, Lyon.

Brutal 199 against Eng in Chennai.

Scored 100s in his 1st overseas series in WI, Lanka, Aus. Rohit Sharma has never scored a test 100 outside 1 ground in India, statistically is among the 5 worst batsmen from Asia to step foot outside Asia yet is a regular.

100s in all 3 formats, even Kohli doesn't have that stat. Moreover KLR has the highest avg+SR combo in international T20s, avg 46 and SR 147.

ATG series against Aus (home series 2017) where he got 7 50s in 8 innings played on difficult tracks against Starc, Hazlewood, Cummins, Lyon. The pitches were challenging, Aus was on fire, our main guns were either out of form or out of their depths or injured. We got smacked by 330 runs in Pune but thanks to a few gutsy players we managed to avoid an embarrassing home series loss, won 2-1. Kohli scored 46 runs in 3 tests, was made to look like a complete fool out there. KLR it seems played on different decks in that series, always at ease and unfettered, even Mighty Smith rode his luck on many occasions. 

All this in his 1st 2.5 years in international cricket and despite not being given a continuous run by the management. He has been constantly humiliated by Kohli-Shastri jugalbandi and made to serve chai biscuit to far inferior comedians who have no right to wear India jersey. He gets one match, plays well and then immediately is benched for the next 3 !!! How is it fair on any youngster to be given this sort of 3rd degree treatment. All our batting greats like Gavaskar, SRT, Dravid, Sehwag, Kohli, Laxman etc were given continuous runs in their formation years. SRT was never dropped for Devang Gandhi and Kohli was never dropped for Badrinath, Dravid was never dropped for Khurasiya...

Not just that Steyn predicted in 2011-12 that he would become a legend, just based on bowling to him in RCB nets. Viv in his commentary gig said that KLR already looked like a more accomplished bastsman than Kohli.....way back in 2016. Anyone who can judge talent sees greatness in Rahul. Not only does he have style and swagger, he is a well rounded batsman with wonderful technique. Some players you just see and immediately know they are special, KLR is one of those specimens.

Really?