Rohit Fails Yo Yo test on 17th June, gets another chance to prove on 20th

1 minute ago, Lannister said:

But he has been playing from a long time and there is nothing to show apart from his batting average which is pretty much meaningless as shown from his numerous failures in WCs. You don't need a special player to score runs against weak teams. 

ok if its easy find me player who can consistently avg 50 for 5 yrs .

Easier said then done

1 hour ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Sharma's time is up.
Soon he will be kicked to accomodate in Prithvi Shaw.
Okay, even Kohli failed in England but Sharma's consistency in failure in recent times is unbelievable.emoji16.png

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Dont know what is your gripe with Prithvi Shaw. Most people on ICF will be more than happy if Prithvi is fast tracked. But knowing our selector's I see zero chances of it. 

Note: I don not support Prithvi or Shubham Gills fast tracking as of now. Pant can be because we need a middle order hitter desperately. K Gowtham can also be tried to have a look at.And few others can be given more chances too : S Iyer, V Shankar.

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

Rohit denies getting second chance.

Ofcourse he will deny.

I saw the news in atleast 5 websites and loads of channels also apparently carried the news. Also many news came before he took the yo yo test that he was taking the test on Sunday: http://www.timesnownews.com/sports/cricket/cricket-news/article/rohit-sharma-set-to-undergo-yo-yo-test-on-sunday-to-decide-his-availability-for-ireland-england-series/241664

http://www.dnaindia.com/cricket/report-suresh-raina-replaces-ambati-rayudu-rohit-sharma-to-take-yo-yo-test-on-sunday-2626141

http://www.sportstarlive.com/cricket/back-from-russia-rohit-sharma-set-for-yo-yo-test/article24181437.ece

2 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

He was supposed to undergo on Sunday but he could not because it was very late when he arrived on Sunday (from his trip to Russia etc. ). There was no time to give that scheduled Sunday test. The test was taken eventually on 20th and he cleared it. 

If he is indeed lying about his test and too publicly on his official twitter account, he can easily be called for by media etc that he is lying but have you seen any media report after that tweet from Rohit. You would not have. Also, you would not find any reliable media or even credible sites such as Cricinfo have actually reported that "Rohit did take the Yo-Yo test and he failed it". 

There you get the answer. I know Rohit is inconsistent/lazy, slow starter and really painful player to support but it is another extreme to find reasons to undermine him at any available occasion. 

9 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

after a point everyone does , its intial yrs so its not looking like 

After a point it affects everyone- look at how ganguly n dhoni hair turned grey 

Captaincy is very tough specially of subcontinent teams and then he is also the back bone of batting

And what made u think Rohit would remain Sam after that point. That's the  reason I compare these 2 ages at first. 

10 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

after a point everyone does , its intial yrs so its not looking like 

After a point it affects everyone- look at how ganguly n dhoni hair turned grey 

Captaincy is very tough specially of subcontinent teams and then he is also the back bone of batting

Hairs don't turn grey because of captaincy. 

11 hours ago, Lannister said:

The fact that you need to go back to the year 2013 to justify his place just shows how bad he is become as a player. We played QF against the mighty Bangladesh and yes he didn't miss a chance there to score some easy runs and we all know what happened in the next match against Australians. 

What about Kohli then? Should he be dropped too. He flopped in WC as well. No runs in qf or SF from him. Less runs than dhawan and rohit.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

What about Kohli then? Should he be dropped too. He flopped in WC as well. No runs in qf or SF from him. Less runs than dhawan and rohit.

Atleast Kohli has proved his mettle in last two T20 world cups, carrying his team alone to knockout stages, playing some blinders against top teams. Rohit Sharma is a certified minnow basher who's only legacy is scoring some soft runs against weak teams. How is this going to help India in the long run?  

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Kohli in QF: 13.50

SF: 82.00

Finals: 27.66

Rohit in Qfs: 137.00

Sfs: 95.00

Finals: 4.00

I think its the main reason we haven't won much other than CT'13, even in which our batting failed just scoring 129 in 20 overs. If it keeps going like this way, we better not keep hopes too high. 

29 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Atleast Kohli has proved his mettle in last two T20 world cups, carrying his team alone to knockout stages, playing some blinders against top teams. Rohit Sharma is a certified minnow basher who's only legacy is scoring some soft runs against weak teams. How is this going to help India in the long run?  

So did we win those WCs? 

On 6/20/2018 at 12:39 PM, Lannister said:

CT was held in England last year, how much did he average then? He is an FTB and on top of that lack kajoons to perform when there's a little bit of pressure. 

He was the 2nd highest run scorer in CT after Dhawan (another player who is mediocre in your dictionary). I am not a fan of Sharma, but lets give credit where its due. He avg 76 in CT last year.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/icc-champions-trophy-2017/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=11237;type=tournament