Shittiest State in the Union, literally - West Bangladesh.

surajmal

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

nope just the unsanitary animal sacrifice bit, not the whole festival. Again you are taking this wrong and defending a religion when its just about wastage removal/disposal - sanitation.

In fact, it is you who is taking it wrong. I haven't spoken anything about the religion. My posts have been about the unnecessary linkage between cleanliness and religion.

27 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Wait what? 

How would banning plastic lead to civilization going back to 19th century?

Most of the things around us are made of plastic, not just poly bags and plastic era started in 1862.  PVC is the most important past of accessories used in anything related to electricity. The TVs, games, computers, laptops, mobiles are all made of plastic.

43 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

and how garba and bakr id related?

false equivalence, if some one says ritual sacrifice on large un sanitary scale during bakri id caused blood stained sewrage spil in Dhaka, she has to equate gharbha as a festival that is running too long ? haha lol wut, its fun and there is no equivalence between them. It can be deepavalai and air/noise pollution that is similar in certain respects.

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

In fact, it is you who is taking it wrong. I haven't spoken anything about the religion. My posts have been about the unnecessary linkage between cleanliness and religion.

there is no unnecessary linkage, just a clear linkage of blood in swwage spills to bakrid. Nothing religious actually..

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Most of the things around us are made of plastic, not just poly bags and plastic era started in 1862.  PVC is the most important past of accessories used in anything related to electricity. The TVs, games, computers, laptops, mobiles are all made of plastic.

There are better alternatives available  and with technology progressing we will see more and more stuff that is eco friendly and thus could easily substitute it.

Plastic is a menace and the effect it has on environment is dreadful.

Our oceans are getting clogged up by the insane amount of plastic we use which thanks to it's non biodegradable properties directly harms the life in the oceans either by entering the food chain(via zooxanthelles) or blocking the oxygen supply.

The situation has reached at such an alarming proportions that Indonesia had to declare a plastic emergency last year.

Plastic chemicals have been found under 20 feet of ice in the antarctic (where there is no human habitation or waste) and that many animal species are also being affected by our plastic waste.

The less said about it's effect on human health, the better.

44 minutes ago, Vilander said:

false equivalence, if some one says ritual sacrifice on large un sanitary scale during bakri id caused blood stained sewrage spil in Dhaka, she has to equate gharbha as a festival that is running too long ? haha lol wut, its fun and there is no equivalence between them. It can be deepavalai and air/noise pollution that is similar in certain respects.

If you read that post carefully, maybe you'd see that there is no equivalence at all that I've drawn. Haha lulwot away until then.

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

There are better alternatives available  and with technology progressing we will see more and more stuff that is eco friendly and thus could easily substitute it.

Our oceans are getting clogged up by the insane amount of plastic we use which thanks to it's non biodegradable properties directly harms the life in the oceans either by entering the food chain(via zooxanthelles) or blocking the oxygen supply.

The situation has reached at such an alarming proportions that Indonesia had to declare a plastic emergency last year.

Plastic chemicals have been found under 20 feet of ice in the antarctic (where there is no human habitation or waste) and that many animal species are also being affected by our plastic waste.

Humans are like parasites on earth.

12 hours ago, Stradlater said:

why cant we recycle it for better? tell me what better solutions are available? with technology progressing, not progressed enough yet. we will see when it does.

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

why cant we recycle it for better? tell me what better solutions are available? with technology progressing, not progressed enough yet. we will see when it does.

When did I deny the recycling part? My opposition was to your outrageous claims of civilization going back to 19th century if we stopped using plastic.

Do you any scholarly sources to back up your claims? If not then you are simply talking out of your rear end with no rationalistic explanation whatsoever. 

And lol this is again a really ridiculous argument. The cheap technology to successfully replace carbon based fuels hasn't arrived yet either , doesn't mean we stop spreading awareness about their harmful effects on environment as well as taking effective mitigating measures so as to ensure their detrimental effects on ecosystem could be minimized .

If only you had an iota of idea about the menace plastic has become in last couple of decades..

16 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Whaaaat? The FIFA WC has Bengali commentary?

Link me up with this please. This should be fun.

I can imagine the commentator screaming:

Noi chalbe Messi, eeesh, aur ekto chance miss koire.

:p:

It's on espn ,real fun lol 

8 hours ago, Stradlater said:

When did I deny the recycling part? My opposition was to your outrageous claims of civilization going back to 19th century if we stopped using plastic.

Do you any scholarly sources to back up your claims? If not then you are simply talking out of your rear end with no rationalistic explanation whatsoever. 

And lol this is again a really ridiculous argument. The cheap technology to successfully replace carbon based fuels hasn't arrived yet either , doesn't mean we stop spreading awareness about their harmful effects on environment as well as taking effective mitigating measures so as to ensure their detrimental effects on ecosystem could be minimized .

If only you had an iota of idea about the menace plastic has become in last couple of decades..

abey yaar what scholarly sources do you need to see if plastic is gone in absolutely gone, how many things we will lose, TV, computer, laptops, electricity wires and other accessories, and mobiles are the few things that come to my mind and we do not have alternative of plastic to manufacture these things yet. If all these things vanish, will we not be back in 19th century?    

Edited by rkt.india