‘You stopped Ronaldo!’ Netanyahu incites Iranians to depose government channeling World Cup euphoria

Singh bling

Nikki Haley in her speech last week asked (or rather ordered) American allies including India to stop buying Iranian oil after the Nov 4 deadline lest the sanctions follow.

I hope Modi takes a pragmatic approach and do not fall to this fake American bullying. Trump in past has proven that his whims knows no bounds (remember how he urged India to broke all ties with North Korea and after few months went back on his words to cozy with that fat dictator) and Iran by virtue of it's position in the middle east as well as by our shared cultural past is a very important ally to have esp in order to bypass Pakistan via land route.

India should tread carefully in these troubled waters maintaining friendly relations with both Iran and her foes (who coincidentally are also India's good friends) and make sure not to fall for American propaganda.

2 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Maybe it's because its the only country that hasn't opened themselves to the banking cartels of the west.

That's just one way of looking at things. Iran has it's faults too and don't forget it's a theocracy headed by a lunatic priest who considers every word coming out of his mouth as divinely ordained.

They didn't open themselves to the western influence because of the whole Shia -Sunni angle and how Americans were already in bed with their arch nemesis Saudi and Israel.

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

That's just one way of looking at things. Iran has it's faults too and don't forget it's a theocracy headed by a lunatic priest who considers every word coming out of his mouth as divinely ordained.

They didn't open themselves to the western influence because of the whole Shia -Sunni angle and how Americans were already in bed with their arch nemesis Saudi and Israel.

They’re nowhere near as bad as Saudi Arabia and Pakistan when it comes to religious fanaticism and extremeism. Yet America has a good relationship with Saudi and Pakistan.

10 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

They’re nowhere near as bad as Saudi Arabia and Pakistan when it comes to religious fanaticism and extremeism. Yet America has a good relationship with Saudi and Pakistan.

They are almost as bad. It's just that their sphere of influence is rather limited due to them being Shia that we don't get to see the other side too often.

Also the restrictions on freedom of press and journalists make sure most of the bad stuff do not come out in open.

An Islamic theocracy can never be liberal and progressive.

34 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

They are almost as bad. It's just that their sphere of influence is rather limited due to them being Shia that we don't get to see the other side too often.

Also the restrictions on freedom of press and journalists make sure most of the bad stuff do not come out in open.

An Islamic theocracy can never be liberal and progressive.

I’ve only heard of one Iranian going abroad and carrying out a bombing. Compare that to Saudis and Pakistanis. The Iranians I’ve met in England have been liberal, even the ones who grew up after the Islamisation of the country.

4 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Nikki Haley in her speech last week asked (or rather ordered) American allies including India to stop buying Iranian oil after the Nov 4 deadline lest the sanctions follow.

I hope Modi takes a pragmatic approach and do not fall to this fake American bullying. Trump in past has proven that his whims knows no bounds (remember how he urged India to broke all ties with North Korea and after few months went back on his words to cozy with that fat dictator) and Iran by virtue of it's position in the middle east as well as by our shared cultural past is a very important ally to have esp in order to bypass Pakistan via land route.

India should tread carefully in these troubled waters maintaining friendly relations with both Iran and her foes (who coincidentally are also India's good friends) and make sure not to fall for American propaganda.

banks thats fund this oil purchase will face sanctions - no bank will come forward to fund the purchase - its a bit tricky - India will have to work a deal with Trump on certain percentage reduction - but with him it seems less likely - Modi will be tested here.

47 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

I’ve only heard of one Iranian going abroad and carrying out a bombing. Compare that to Saudis and Pakistanis. The Iranians I’ve met in England have been liberal, even the ones who grew up after the Islamisation of the country.

I found this to be true - compared to sunni islamists - Iranians are moderate.

15 hours ago, Ranvir said:

It’s probably because of their superior education system.

Superior education is certainly one factor. Even Khamenei is himself a PhD holder. 

Percentage of women in Iranian parliament is more than British Parliament. 

There are about 55% girls in the Iranian Universities and only 45% boys. 

Another factor is their Persian heritage and culture and language, which are colliding with Islamic heritage, Islamic culture and Arabic. This is perhaps the biggest factor. Many Iranians are not moderate Muslims, but they are absolutely not Muslims and they absolutely hate Islam. 

Another factor is this that Iranian Shia religion has a little bit of SUFI leanings in Iran, and therefore they are not so fanatics like Saudi Mullahs. (But Indian Sufism is more tolerate version than the present Iranian version, which is again much closer to Islamic Sharia). 

Somehow Iranians are different. 

Afghans love Indian culture and understand it. But Iranians take a lot of proud in their culture and they have high nose and they don't value the Indian culture and Indian films (and I am talking here about moderate Iranians or anti-Islam Iranians). 

Iranians (who are in Iran) are unbelievably hospitable. Perhaps this needs a separate thread. 

1 hour ago, Alam_dar said:

Superior education is certainly one factor. Even Khamenei is himself a PhD holder. 

Percentage of women in Iranian parliament is more than British Parliament. 

There are about 55% girls in the Iranian Universities and only 45% boys. 

Another factor is their Persian heritage and culture and language, which are colliding with Islamic heritage, Islamic culture and Arabic. This is perhaps the biggest factor. Many Iranians are not moderate Muslims, but they are absolutely not Muslims and they absolutely hate Islam. 

Another factor is this that Iranian Shia religion has a little bit of SUFI leanings in Iran, and therefore they are not so fanatics like Saudi Mullahs. (But Indian Sufism is more tolerate version than the present Iranian version, which is again much closer to Islamic Sharia). 

Somehow Iranians are different. 

Afghans love Indian culture and understand it. But Iranians take a lot of proud in their culture and they have high nose and they don't value the Indian culture and Indian films (and I am talking here about moderate Iranians or anti-Islam Iranians). 

Iranians (who are in Iran) are unbelievably hospitable. Perhaps this needs a separate thread. 

And why were they forcing women chess players to wear Hijab , even the non muslim one.

In India if Hindu symbols are imposed on Indian population forget about foreigners

there will be earthquake.

5 hours ago, Singh bling said:

And why were they forcing women chess players to wear Hijab , even the non muslim one.

In India if Hindu symbols are imposed on Indian population forget about foreigners

there will be earthquake.

Maybe the poorer Iranians are religious but the ones who I’ve met abroad (the educated ones) have not been religious and have been highly critical of their government.

The Islamic Revolution took place because of the unbelievable corruptness of the Shah. I think the only viable opposition was Khomeini.

6 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Exactly, this is the problem of religion/religions. 

The religion/religions could turn even highly EDUCATED people into animals or even worse than them. 

Never underestimate the destructive power of religion, as it takes away your rationale, and turn you into a zombie. 

7 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Exactly, this is the problem of religion/religions. 

The religion/religions could turn even highly EDUCATED people into animals or even worse than them. 

Never underestimate the destructive power of religion, as it takes away your rationale, and turn you into a zombie. 

Why to blame all religions, Christian nations don't ask sportspeople to wear cross , Hindu don't ask to put teeka , sikhs don't ask wear turban or don't participate in event.If out thousand religions only one is doing that then problem is not in religions but in that particular religion

Edited by Singh bling

5 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Why to blame all religions, Christian nations don't ask sportspeople to wear cross , Hindu don't ask to put teeka , sikhs don't ask wear turban or don't participate in event.If out thousand religions only one is doing that then problem is not in religions but in that particular religion

My experience with the religions is not good, and I could not say that Islam is the only exception. 

Judaism and Christianity caused equally evil problems as Islam for centuries, where people were killed in name of religion.

Church burnt many alive on the charge of being heretics. There is a long list. 

Church killed the scientists. Do you know Hypathia, Pietro d' Abano, Roger Bacon etc. 

Church decreed condoms were not allowed and equal to killing babies, and also family planning was not possible. 

Church supported the institution of slavery for thousands of years. 

Judaism supported the killing of ALL men, women and children of the enemies and considered non-Jews as their slaves. 

Hinduism: 

I had Hindu friends in the university from highly educated families, but still openly showed their hatred against the Dalit Student. It was a surprise for me that they accepted me, even though I was a Muslim and a Pakistani, but still they were unable to accept the dark black coloured Dalit and absolutely loathe with the idea of him eating with them on the same table. 

I could only imagine that religion made them so much brainwashed, otherwise how could highly educated families taught such things to their children. 

I don't know much about Sikhism. 

I know about Buddhism as religion. I respect Buddha and he is at the top of my Heroes list, but I don't find any  attraction in the present Buddhist religion and rituals. 

I have learnt when you tie yourself to any IDENTITY (religious or regional or linguistic) then at some point these Identities compel you to forget humanity and act worse than an animal. 

I saw this when Buddhist in Burma showed that they could also shed blood of the innocents, although it is totally against the teachings of Buddha. 

That is why I even don't want to ever have an atheist state, but always go for a Secular State where all people will have equal rights. 

iranians are quite liberal .. but their problem is their nutcase governments anti-israel views

its funny that iran government have anti-israel stand MAINLY because of Palestinians who are mostly sunni muslims .. but saudis  the protector of sunni muslims have better relations with israel 

5 minutes ago, velu said:

iranians are quite liberal .. but their problem is their nutcase governments anti-israel views

its funny that iran government have anti-israel stand MAINLY because of Palestinians who are mostly sunni muslims .. but saudis  the protector of sunni muslims have better relations with israel 

In the beginning of the revolution, Khomeini wanted to be a Hero of whole Islamic world, thus there started the mistake and then never corrected/reformed afterwards. 

Israel also didn't play fair. Muslims are not alone, but there are many who held Israel responsible for the crimes against humanity. 

1 hour ago, Alam_dar said:

My experience with the religions is not good, and I could not say that Islam is the only exception. 

Judaism and Christianity caused equally evil problems as Islam for centuries, where people were killed in name of religion.

Church burnt many alive on the charge of being heretics. There is a long list. 

Church killed the scientists. Do you know Hypathia, Pietro d' Abano, Roger Bacon etc. 

Church decreed condoms were not allowed and equal to killing babies, and also family planning was not possible. 

Church supported the institution of slavery for thousands of years. 

Judaism supported the killing of ALL men, women and children of the enemies and considered non-Jews as their slaves. 

Hinduism: 

I had Hindu friends in the university from highly educated families, but still openly showed their hatred against the Dalit Student. It was a surprise for me that they accepted me, even though I was a Muslim and a Pakistani, but still they were unable to accept the dark black coloured Dalit and absolutely loathe with the idea of him eating with them on the same table. 

I could only imagine that religion made them so much brainwashed, otherwise how could highly educated families taught such things to their children. 

I don't know much about Sikhism. 

I know about Buddhism as religion. I respect Buddha and he is at the top of my Heroes list, but I don't find any  attraction in the present Buddhist religion and rituals. 

I have learnt when you tie yourself to any IDENTITY (religious or regional or linguistic) then at some point these Identities compel you to forget humanity and act worse than an animal. 

I saw this when Buddhist in Burma showed that they could also shed blood of the innocents, although it is totally against the teachings of Buddha. 

That is why I even don't want to ever have an atheist state, but always go for a Secular State where all people will have equal rights. 

What Jews and Christians did is past and in past Humans killed waged war looted for many reasons and religion was one of them 

Most urban Hindu's these days study with Dalits , they are friends with them and eat with them though few nutcases may be castist.but even 1951 India outlawed discrimination based on caste so whatever people do is personal 

With Islam whether it is minority rights or imposition of islam its all going on with backing of state.This is where difference is between islam and other religions

And its strange that you don't know about Sikhism because the last ruler of Pakistan before Britisher was Sikh , Its Kingdom was considered very secular with modernization of state.But I guess Pakistan has ommitted every thing which is related to non Muslims in Pakistan history