D Chahar- quick rise to first team

6 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

I not sure what this guy has done to justify his dramatic promotion to the first team in the t20 format. Such a mediocre bowler. Mavi etc would have been a better bet. When will this CSK cloud ever lift from Indian cricket?

he was our best bowler on ongoing A-tour which is also happening in england. Dnt demean someone perfomance......he performed n got selected 

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?id=12395;type=tournament

If their is a CSK cloud, why isnt jadeja in the team ........axar , krunal kaise select ho gaye. If that was the case , they wud have made sure Raydu somehow clear yo-yo test 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he was our best bowler on ongoing A-tour which is also happening in england. Dnt demean someone perfomance......he performed n got selected 

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?id=12395;type=tournament

If their is a CSK cloud, why isnt jadeja in the team ........axar , krunal kaise select ho gaye. If that was the case , they wud have made sure Raydu somehow clear yo-yo test 

Jadeja- super long rope, tolerated for a long time despite being non performer 

MSD- mediocre t20 record- hailed as an ATG

Mohit Sharma- says it all 

the cloud exists, no dispute over that. lets not waste time by going over well established facts. 

Wrt to chahar, he has a mediocre first class record. Average of 36 after 40 odd games. Given he neither has express pace nor has a promising first class record, on what basis is he in the first team?

5 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Jadeja- super long rope, tolerated for a long time despite being non performer 

MSD- mediocre t20 record- hailed as an ATG

Mohit Sharma- says it all 

Is mohit sharma playing or even on radar

Forget jadeja long rope, ur question is clout which is giving non performing a chance so by that logic jadeja shud get a chance

the cloud exists, no dispute over that. lets not waste time by going over well established facts. 

Where are facts , these are so called theories

Fact is this Deepak chahr perfomed on A-tour n earned his cap 

Those numbers are facts

Wrt to chahar, he has a mediocre first class record. Average of 36 after 40 odd games. Given he neither has express pace nor has a promising first class record, on what basis is he in the first team?

if only express pace cud get u success in international cricket

Btw his some balls were 87-89mph......thats not slow by any means

Yadav had more pace then chahar today n who went for more runs..........yadav 

on what basis- http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?id=12395;type=tournament

this is the basis.............A tours have more quality then domestic isnt it. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 minute ago, WeStMiDz said:

He's a good bowler with good attributes and additionally he bats. Not sure what the need for such threads after one game. 

also its needs to be appreciates how well he has improved , he use to bowl at 120k n now he is around 140k.........remarkable improvement

M no fan of his but he got his chances n he earned it, he improved leaps n bounces. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Is mohit sharma playing or even on radar

Forget jadeja long rope, ur question is clout which is giving non performing a chance so by that logic jadeja shud get a chance

Where are facts , these are so called theories

Fact is this Deepak chahr perfomed on A-tour n earned his cap 

Those numbers are facts

if only express pace cud get u success in international cricket

Btw his some balls were 87-89mph......thats not slow by any means

Yadav had more pace then chahar today n who went for more runs..........yadav 

on what basis- http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?id=12395;type=tournament

this is the basis.............A tours have more quality then domestic isnt it. 

first you need to understand the points before giving boisterous response. 

Mohit is an example of a CSK player fast tracked to first team. Srini Mama/MSD were alive 5 years ago weren't they?

Well if you don't have a first class record comparable to your peers I'm not sure what you're doing in India team. Express pace was mentioned as its a unique quality worth investing in  which may mitigate poor first class performance. As may a seeming allrounder i.e. worth a gamble. Apart from Chuskis, rest of India seems to consider these as facts. 

Its actually comparible/harder to perform as a seamer in domestics on dead Indian tracks against good batsmen as opposed to bowler friendly overseas tracks. 

btw, what did Chahar do to justify his A tour selection?

6 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

first you need to understand the points before giving boisterous response. 

Mohit is an example of a CSK turd fast tracked to first team. Srini Mama/MSD were alive 5 years ago weren't they?

he did well in Wc 2015 didnt he n was doing well for 1st yr n then got soughted out by opposition n dropped

Why is it that someone from CSK acc to u cnt play well

Well if you don't have a first class record comparable to your peers I'm not sure what you're doing in India team. Express pace was mentioned as its a unique quality worth investing in  which may mitigate poor first class performance. As may a seeming allrounder i.e. worth a gamble. Apart from Chuskis, rest of India seems to consider these as facts. 

Even hardik pandya doesnt have gr8 FC class record

Vinay kumar has - u wanna select him

Also if 1st class is ur subject to cry dnt even comeup with mavi name as he hasnt played 1st class till now 

Nope i dnt see anyone shouting in India,infact many were shouting to take him to england coz of his skills

Its actually comparible/harder to perform as a seamer in domestics on dead Indian tracks against good batsmen as opposed to bowler friendly overseas tracks. 

btw, what did Chahar do to justify his A tour selection?

But we arent playing in India ???

He did well in IPL and showed he has the skills to do well in england n he did ........dnt knw what are u complaining about after being proven wrong. Coz if u gonna say he wud have failed his stats on A-tour are an egg on ur face

Also if u dnt follow our team they are preferring bowlers with more control then looking for just pace so chahar fits that bill and he takes wkt with new ball 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
3 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Need is to stop crap/mediocre players getting selected into Indian team. 

1 t20 game n u have declared him mediocre :phehe:

m no fan of him but atleast let him fail n to be honest he bowled well today on this road of a pitch and much better bowler umesh yadav didnt

So u shud reserve ur comments 

10 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he did well in Wc 2015 didnt he n was doing well for 1st yr n then got soughted out by opposition n dropped

Why is it that someone from CSK acc to u cnt play well

Even hardik pandya doesnt have gr8 FC class record

Vinay kumar has - u wanna select him

Also if 1st class is ur subject to cry dnt even comeup with mavi name as he hasnt played 1st class till now 

Nope i dnt see anyone shouting in India,infact many were shouting to take him to england coz of his skills

But we arent playing in India ???

He did well in IPL and showed he has the skills to do well in england n he did ........dnt knw what are u complaining about after being proven wrong. Coz if u gonna say he wud have failed his stats on A-tour are an egg on ur face

Also if u dnt follow our team they are preferring bowlers with more control then looking for just pace so chahar fits that bill and he takes wkt with new ball 

Vinay kumar plays on bowler friendly tracks in Karnatka and has one of best Ranji sides as team mates. This will certainly accentuate any strengths a player has. Despite this, he was appropriately selected (on merit for Indian team) and didn't perform. Ok that's fine, but at least there was merit in his selection. He was selected when he had promise but dropped when he didn't perform. CSK players on the other hand. 

You cite Hardik Pandya's example, I already said if someone is a seam bowling allrounder he deserves fast tracking inspite of mediocre  first class credentials (on the basis of unique talent, same as express pace- can't believe its taken 3 posts to get this simple point across to you). Also Hardik has only played 24 first class games. Considerable less number than 40 of D Chahar. 

I'm more than happy for any CSK player to for India as long as he has the talent. Hence I've always supported (until recently) M Vijay and R Ashwin in the test sides. Still support Ashwin as least for first two games of England tour. So lets not go down that road and make lazy assumptions. Something stinks and you and you're defensive posts are putting cheap perfume on the stench. 

1 minute ago, mancalledsting said:

Vinay kumar plays on bowler friendly tracks in Karnatka and has one of best Ranji sides as team mates. This will certainly accentuate any strengths a player has. Despite this, he was appropriately selected (on merit for Indian team) and didn't perform. Ok that's fine, but at least there was merit in his selection. He was selected when he had promise but dropped when he didn't perform. CSK players on the other hand. 

See that is ur problem that all u wanna see

His CSK logo didnt buy him wkts on A-tour 

Manish pandey got selected for this tour and played even in 11 , i dnt see u shouting SRH quota .......neither for Sid kaul 

Also at the end of the vinay kumar was a below avg bowler isnt that ur problem . Chahar is way better then vinay kumar 

1 minute ago, mancalledsting said:

You cite Hardik Pandya's example, I already said if someone is a seam bowling allrounder he deserves fast tracking inspite of mediocre  first class credentials (on the basis of unique talent, same as express pace- can't believe its taken 3 posts to get this simple point across to you). Also Hardik has only played 24 first class games. Considerable less number than 40 of D Chahar. 

I'm more than happy for any CSK player to for India as long as he has the talent. Hence I've always supported (until recently) M Vijay and R Ashwin in the test sides. Still support Ashwin as least for first two games of England tour. So lets not go down that road and make lazy assumptions. Something stinks and you and you're defensive posts are putting cheap perfume on the stench. 

M answering ur post so dnt use the word defensive  when u dnt knw the meaning , m yet to hear from u how did he do well on A tour n better then others which u havent answered which is what is called being defensive.

The thing that stinking is ur agenda coz this team has players from every franchise yet ull only see CSK. I dnt see u shouting MI quota when rohit plays test cricket

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

See that is ur problem that all u wanna see

His CSK logo didnt buy him wkts on A-tour 

Manish pandey got selected for this tour and played even in 11 , i dnt see u shouting SRH quota .......neither for Sid kaul 

Also at the end of the vinay kumar was a below avg bowler isnt that ur problem . Chahar is way better then vinay kumar 

M answering ur post so dnt use the word defensive  when u dnt knw the meaning , m yet to hear from u how did he do well on A tour n better then others which u havent answered which is what is called being defensive.

The thing that stinking is ur agenda coz this team has players from every franchise yet ull only see CSK. I dnt see u shouting MI quota when rohit plays test cricket

you keep banging on about handful of games in A tour as if he's played in World Series cricket. You don't see me criticising Pandey because you have read those posts. I've got tons of material rightfully criticising Pandey's selection in spite of him being a dud. Sid Kaul has some potential: solid first class, list A and IPL stats- hence no need to criticise him. Again re: Rohit, I have a whole post on him criticising his selection. because you're biased you are assuming I have all the same flaws. Again lazy work. 

you keep banging on about handful of games in A tour as if he's played in World Series cricket.

Coz for u lack of knowldege that has become a the way to national selection

You don't see me criticising Pandey because you have read those posts. I've got tons of material rightfully criticising Pandey's selection in spite of him being a dud. Sid Kaul has some potential: solid first class, list A and IPL stats- hence no need to criticise him. Again re: Rohit, I have a whole post on him criticising his selection. because you're biased you are assuming I have all the same flaws. Again lazy work. 

M not talking about criticizing about pandey selection , m asking why dnt u say or use words like  SRH quota  or in case of Rohit MI quota.....

N one thing u forgot to add with sid kaul is variation n control which is what this team mngmt is looking at and that what even chahar is offering . 

2 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Bhuvi, a swing bowler, who has now become a top class bowler with yorkers and other variations still struggles when pitch has nothing in it. This guy just has swing. Nothing else.How will he survive? Why waste time?

bhuvi didnt become that over night , it takes time to develop skill. Even sid kaul did so its not impossible 

He has improved his pace remarkably so he can improve it to . In t20 he can get away with it as bhuvi also was doing well ever since he started playing t20 when his death skills werent great . 

15 minutes ago, Ellipsism said:

Either Indian selectors are retarded or Indian bowling stocks are mediocre. Managed to catch a bit of the highlights, and gosh Kaul and Chahar are rubbish. 

Kaul is an enigma. Results matter. He aces it.